The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feed every feeding,, every two to three days,,

btw,, i have now increased my dosage to the equivalent of perty near 7 g per gallon,, my actual numbers are 15 grams per 8 litres,, and the feeding calculator maxes out at 12.7 g per 8 liters

and i maybe think i see some stable green,, maybe,, another week to see for sure

cheers friends

Oh, and I suck at journals. Last time I tried I got a concussion at work and couldn't think straight for a while. Time before that I had to have back surgery and was on my back for a while.

I just ordered 9.9 kg of this stuff. I will be using it on my outdoor roses though. Its about the same price as rose nutes plus more goodies.

Some pics of my new auto grow using MC. They popped and went into coco on Feb 10th. I started with 5, but 1 never came up and I damaged one digging around after 3 days of no-show. The one that never came up was exactly where I put it, and the tap root had coiled around the husk. 🤷

Currently feeding 2.5g/gallon, but they're looking like they want more. On the last and second last pic you can see some light discolouring on some of the leaves. Not sure if that's because it had a bit of a growth spurt the other day and I needed to move my light up, or just they're hungry, or maybe something else. Either way, they're all growing very fast, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish with MC.

IMG_6589.JPG
IMG_6590.JPG
IMG_6591.JPG
IMG_6592.JPG
IMG_6595.JPG

Ok Mega Crop Heads

Gunna test some MC in Sunshine Mix#4 and maybe hydro

New phone so lost the soil feeding schedule if someone can post that

Also

In hydro I run hydroguard and z7, or just one depends
Assuming I'm running those, in RO water, any tidbits of info or changes from soil

Graciass

If using the @farside schedule, it will be awesome for your sunshine mix. In hydro, you can run the same, but honestly I'd drop the silica. It will fight to raise your pH, and after your initial pH and adding your mix, you'll need to do it again the next day.

With RO + MC + CalMag, my pH is coming out around the 5.8-6.0 mark. With silica (the protekt) it was coming out more like 7.5 to 8.0. The only thing at this point that I'm not a fan of with running MC in hydro is it stains the roots a light brown. In turn, tougher to see root issues early on. It's not a deal breaker, but an "if I could change one thing" type of deal.

If you need calmag in your hydro, look up the organic calmag from true plant science. It has no nitrogen, thus won't whack out your N:K ratio.

You should be OK on a weekly water change, and just bumping a gram/week instead of every 5-6 days like the schedule for your sunshine mix.

So I got my mega crop in the other day and wow, I’m surprised at how much ec my plant drank in a couple days, noticed some explosive root growth in my young replacements also :D like when I saw you guys talking about explosive growth, I wasn’t expecting explosive growth :rofl::love: but Idid notice after mixing the solution and bringing the ph down to 5.9 and checking it a day later it had risen above 7?!???!? Any body else get this problem in dwc?

Okay, cool. I am using tap water XD next question. Does having the ph go over 7 overnight going to damage the roots or something in the plant in dwc? @Jack420 I think I remember reading you grew in hydro

Once, early on, probably not. If it becomes a habit, yes it can.

Sometimes you lose the tap water lottery, and something in there likes to fight and raise the pH. I really tortured myself when I tried tap water and a silica supplement. It took an 8oz bottle of pH down (50gal setup) to get it stable enough to stay in range for 2 days. I thought it was the silica (and it was to a small extent), but the biggest part of the issue was the tap water.

From what I would have spent on pH down, the RO setup is already ahead of the game and paid for itself.

21 day old autos (Fastbuds Purple Lemonade on right side, Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake on the left). Growing like they were shot out of a cannon. Currently being fed 4g Mega Crop, 4ml Cal-Mag, 4ml Silica supplement (aka Faux-Tekt®).

21 day old autos (Fastbuds Purple Lemonade on right side, Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake on the left). Growing like they were shot out of a cannon. Currently being fed 4g Mega Crop, 4ml Cal-Mag, 4ml Silica supplement (aka Faux-Tekt®).

@farside05 Wow! They look great at that MC dosage, and they're so young. I am totally convinced that I was waaaay far behind with the MC on my current grow. Won't make that mistake again. :Rasta:

Day 36 from seed.

IMG_20200304_170342004.jpgIMG_20200304_170324516.jpgIMG_20200304_170315830.jpg

Still feeding at 4g. Haven't seen a need to go 4.5g.

IMG_20200304_162626021.jpgIMG_20200304_162538503.jpg
Two outta four clones survived, luckily one from each plant. One just started to root today. I'll let them go a few more days and see if the other one roots as well before flipping to flower.

Someone say roots?
IMG_20200304_165913260.jpgIMG_20200304_165856075.jpg

Hope all is well in your gardens. I see some beautiful plants in here.

I’m running MC in bubble buckets right now using RO water. I use hydro guard and a tiny bit of true plant science cal-mag. I waited until I saw deficiency starting to develop before I added cal-mag.. you may not need it at all. *Note I went to true plant science cal-mag because I usually use botanicare’s but it caused a slight nitro toxicity when I needed to supplement with it so that’s why I switched to true plant science and it’s been peachy since so some food for thought there. Also I might get a little grief for this but I have enough plants going at once where I can experiment and I’m curious to compare it to the same strain grown without it... So I have also added AN bud candy to one strain, and GLN’s sweet to another in small doses and they responded favorably. It seems like it’s taking to the bud candy better though. I don’t recommend doing it because I hear a lot horror stories about adding stuff to it but it’s worked for me on the two plants I’ve attempted it on so far.

Good to know I can add some bud candy in with no issue. Got some left over, please keep us updated. I really liked AN big bud too when running the line and really considering that or bud explosion.

Good to know I can add some bud candy in with no issue. Got some left over, please keep us updated. I really liked AN big bud too when running the line and really considering that or bud explosion.
I will definitely keep you updated, everything is going nicely so far. Since I posted that I added it to other plants as well and there all doing great.

i feed every feeding,, every two to three days,,

btw,, i have now increased my dosage to the equivalent of perty near 7 g per gallon,, my actual numbers are 15 grams per 8 litres,, and the feeding calculator maxes out at 12.7 g per 8 liters

I'm in peat moss and perlite, same feeding schedule. Recently, I moved from 8gr/gal to 9gr/gal. Luvin the results. Barring any sings of burning, you might try pushing it up one more notch. I'm gonna try 10gr/gal soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom