S: 1.9%

On their website it shows:

N: 10%
P: 7%
K: 18%
Ca: 5.6%
Mg: 2.4%
S: 2.1%

Everything else like boron, copper, iron, etc. are the same. So maybe what's listed on their website is V3.

i'm with you on this. what i'm getting out of this and other sites is 9-6-17 is probably v2 and 10-17-18 is v3, with v3 being packaged in the v2 bags.

i wound up with the 9 - 6 - 17, but i got it late in the run, and have no idea if it is v2 or v3, though i strongly suspect it is v2.

This is the deal, if I've read correctly. They specifically mentioned that anything shipped after like mid-August (can't seem to find the exact date now) was v3, although for a bit it may be in a v2 bag. (Waste not, want not, it seems.)

they probably figgered the formula didn't change enough to warrant a label change outright. further, the v2 and v3 versions reduce, or entirely negate, the need for their bud explosion and sweet candy additives.

The difference i see with MC is they actually seem to be trying for an all-in-one, where most others are content with providing incomplete lines requiring additives to be truly successful.

Some people like to have more control over their grows and don't like using a one part nutrient,so that is why they sell the seperate products. They can mix up their own tailor made concoction with the individual products to hit their ideal numbers.

They’re coming out with a new 2 part formula “maybe by the end of the year”.

I can see the deal from both approaches. On the one hand, a single item to measure and mix can be pretty handy, however you want to do it. Trash can, mash stick, dump and stir. Once it's whirred up pretty good, run a little circ pump to keep it stirring for a bit.

The simplicity cannot be overstated. Add X per gallon/liter, and that's it. Follow it, watch your plants, and see if/when they want more or less.

It also seems that they've put out a feed chart that (gasp) is right about where it needs to be to start. With the reported ppm's being even a bit lower than what a lot are running. So it wouldn't seem that the typical "cut by half" method for other nutrient lines would be necessary. Again, simple.

Now the other side, it where yes, advanced growing comes into play. That's why lines have multiple products. The bases will get you there, but as you broaden your experience you broaden your awareness of other additives, what they do and are for, and how to use them.

Take the tried and true GH Flora trio. Those 3 bottles have put out a LOT of good weed over the past several decades without anything extra. However, with more advanced knowledge you can even refine that process and get even better results.

Are there companies out there that specifically will be very underwhelming with just the base? Absolutely. Do your homework first; it's that simple. If you want simplicity, go for it. If you want to be a complete control freak because you want certain levels of this and that precisely, well there are companies that have you covered as well.

I like the ability to choose. Even Greenleaf sells the pieces to MC individually. No shame or harm in that. The more of an audience you can cover, the more people that can use your product.

I will say that about $75 USD (w/shipping) for 2500 gallons of nutes? That's 3¢/gallon and you can't beat that. (Of course the 2500 gallon mark is probably at the lower level of feed, but even if you get 1500 gallons through all phases, that's still a damn bargain.

I'm set for nutes on my next full run already, but I'll be keeping an eye on the results coming out from just using straight MC with no extras (calmag excluded) and seeing how it goes. I would say my biggest fear is on my coco system and maybe clogging drippers (if it didn't fully dissolve) but my RDWC wouldn't be an issue at all.

So with the V2 mix, and my tap water... I'm guessing that I should add Epsom salt for more magnesium to get the ratio up around 3:1. Luckily, the sulfur content in the V2 mix is lower than it is in the V3 mix, so the sulfur in the Epsom salt shouldn't be a problem, right?
I ran 9 huge plants this summer with just MC v2 with not a single sign of Mg deficiency.
They’re coming out with a new 2 part formula “maybe by the end of the year”.
I personally don't consider that an improvement!
he simplicity cannot be overstated. Add X per gallon/liter, and that's it. Follow it, watch your plants, and see if/when they want more or less
This ^ !

I ran 9 huge plants this summer with just MC v2 with not a single sign of Mg deficiency.

With excessive amounts of calcium in your source water, you mean?

This is the deal, if I've read correctly. They specifically mentioned that anything shipped after like mid-August (can't seem to find the exact date now) was v3, although for a bit it may be in a v2 bag. (Waste not, want not, it seems.)

I can see the deal from both approaches. On the one hand, a single item to measure and mix can be pretty handy, however you want to do it. Trash can, mash stick, dump and stir. Once it's whirred up pretty good, run a little circ pump to keep it stirring for a bit.

The simplicity cannot be overstated. Add X per gallon/liter, and that's it. Follow it, watch your plants, and see if/when they want more or less.

It also seems that they've put out a feed chart that (gasp) is right about where it needs to be to start. With the reported ppm's being even a bit lower than what a lot are running. So it wouldn't seem that the typical "cut by half" method for other nutrient lines would be necessary. Again, simple.

Now the other side, it where yes, advanced growing comes into play. That's why lines have multiple products. The bases will get you there, but as you broaden your experience you broaden your awareness of other additives, what they do and are for, and how to use them.

Take the tried and true GH Flora trio. Those 3 bottles have put out a LOT of good weed over the past several decades without anything extra. However, with more advanced knowledge you can even refine that process and get even better results.

Are there companies out there that specifically will be very underwhelming with just the base? Absolutely. Do your homework first; it's that simple. If you want simplicity, go for it. If you want to be a complete control freak because you want certain levels of this and that precisely, well there are companies that have you covered as well.

I like the ability to choose. Even Greenleaf sells the pieces to MC individually. No shame or harm in that. The more of an audience you can cover, the more people that can use your product.

I will say that about $75 USD (w/shipping) for 2500 gallons of nutes? That's 3¢/gallon and you can't beat that. (Of course the 2500 gallon mark is probably at the lower level of feed, but even if you get 1500 gallons through all phases, that's still a damn bargain.

I'm set for nutes on my next full run already, but I'll be keeping an eye on the results coming out from just using straight MC with no extras (calmag excluded) and seeing how it goes. I would say my biggest fear is on my coco system and maybe clogging drippers (if it didn't fully dissolve) but my RDWC wouldn't be an issue at all.
Great post!!

LMFAO! As long as I'm looking for something else :rolleyes: . No, definitely none of that, but I have the two previously mentioned products for P & K and K supplementation. And multiple partial odds & ends. Will likely be able to play mad scientist, no worries.

EDIT: I'll wait a few days and look again.

With excessive amounts of calcium in your source water, you mean?
Wait what? I didn't see a magnesium deficiency because of the calcium in my water? :hmmmm:

I did see a Ca deficiency at one point (ha!), and it was completely resolved by increasing the amount of MegaCrop v2.

@farside05 thinks it's a little Si deficient in formulation, so he has modded his mix to account for that (he adds Si, which adds K, so he adds N to counterbalance the equation and gives a bit less MC).

Play around with it all you want, but it grows great plants all by itself.

Wait what? I didn't see a magnesium deficiency because of the calcium in my water? :hmmmm:

No, I was talking about adding magnesium in order to maintain a healthy Ca:Mg ratio, due to using easier that had a high level of calcium in it - to which you responded that you didn't see signs of a magnesium deficiency. I... had a feeling, so I decided to question whether you did, in fact use water with a relatively high calcium content or just didn't understand what you were replying to.

That question has now been answered, so no worries.

I don't have the Bud Explosion product. But I have some GH Liquid KoolBloom (0-10-10) left, and vast quantities of Terpinator (I don't remember the NPK, but it's potassium sulfate). Would one (or both, in combination) work in its place?

EDIT: Terpinator is 0-0-4.
v2 I've never seen a need for BE or any other supplement. It can be used yes, but you have to adjust your MC amount, or use really small amounts of the other products you mentioned. MC has a high K value and you don't want your N:K ratio going higher than 1:3 or you may get a Ca lockout.

A57307BE-F7F1-42E5-9A71-8145CDC62061.jpeg

what i object to is the practice of purposely making the base nutes insufficient to do the main lifting in order to sell a broader range of product lines.

AN in particular was caught out on this. the understanding is they actually made their base nutes worse in order to achieve this. it caused a big rift in the company and led to the originator of the product line leaving the company.

I’ve got the same as Jack420, I believe. I have the pro cal also . I started it in veg this time , taking notes to start another journal! Also have the sensi cal mag which has more N but less than pro cal! Also have the GH calimagic only 1% N .
6493E516-A22E-4631-AC43-9334157F766F.jpeg
F5CCD652-EADB-4CED-9E2E-508E44CCD32C.jpeg
EB16A50A-DFCE-4C5B-81B5-2337573FB9CF.jpeg
E33A58AA-056B-447B-9A1F-7B414A0E6D6E.jpeg

this was the labeling i got

full.jpg

9-6-17 v2 bag but could be the new version.

like a box of chocolates i have no idea wth

both outer and inner product bags were in awful shape when it arrived. outside bag was compromised, inner one gave the second i tried to lift it, box it came in was wet on one side.

apparently it travelled thru a warzone delivered by guatemalan mule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom