The Munki's Playground

Everything is looking great...I like your grow tent...I need that, would be perfect size for me...another thing to add to my wish list...:)

:nicethread: will be :reading420magazine: here.

:peace: brother.

Munki:

You're an artist, bro. What a clean grow! I am so following this journal!

:nicethread:

Thanks DocBud! Growers helping growers is what this forum's all about. Chime in whenever you want or see something that I missed ... whatever strikes your fancy.

Everything is looking great...I like your grow tent...I need that, would be perfect size for me...another thing to add to my wish list...:)

:nicethread: will be :reading420magazine: here.

:peace: brother.

So far, so good MountainHigh. PM to you on the tent. It was very reasonable in cost. Very important as I had many things to purchase and low on cash.

informative:bravo:
Guaranteed success=Munki

Thanks for the vote of confidence, WW!

First plants are now 6 days old. All cups got watered and a couple of the seed cups, I dripped water on the top. Oh, when I water the cups, I've been dunking them in a partially full, larger cup of water with a drop of SuperThrive in it. It is like a manual ebb and flow but with leaving some water at the bottom a la hempy style.

071510-pic1.JPG

071510-pic2.JPG

The second set of leaves are slowly forming on the Ogre plant. Kind of hard to see them in the green middle, but they are there.

071510-pic3.JPG

Hoping to see some above soil growth again in the next few days. I figure the roots are forming below first.

First plants are now 6 days old. All cups got watered and a couple of the seed cups, I dripped water on the top. Oh, when I water the cups, I've been dunking them in a partially full, larger cup of water with a drop of SuperThrive in it. It is like a manual ebb and flow but with leaving some water at the bottom a la hempy style.

071510-pic1.JPG

071510-pic2.JPG

The second set of leaves are slowly forming on the Ogre plant. Kind of hard to see them in the green middle, but they are there.

071510-pic3.JPG

Hoping to see some above soil growth again in the next few days. I figure the roots are forming below first.

I dunk mine too. It works really well.
I'd suggest a mild nutrient solution in the water if you're not top watering much....no nutes in perlite.

And you're right about the roots. Once those babys hit the bottom, growth will be explosive. :bongrip:

Nice bro!

here we go......

Hoping I see at least a few of the Satori seeds pop. If not, the whole pack will have been a dud. BOO! Most like will because of something I did; the presoak of the Satori seeds was done on top of the house heater unit only warmed by a pilot light. It was a warm spot when the weather was cooler but this week with the overall warm temps, the presoak cup was even warmer. Still looking to successfully pop a seed I spent money on. Freebees have done great so far.

Hoping I see at least a few of the Satori seeds pop. If not, the whole pack will have been a dud. BOO! Most like will because of something I did; the presoak of the Satori seeds was done on top of the house heater unit only warmed by a pilot light. It was a warm spot when the weather was cooler but this week with the overall warm temps, the presoak cup was even warmer. Still looking to successfully pop a seed I spent money on. Freebees have done great so far.

Ah.....the seed business is a seedy business! I bought 100 seeds from one of our sponsors.....so far only 9 have popped, with 26 more to try. I'm not hopeful.

Then, I bought femmed seeds.....and half were males. Freebees are very nice! But I' think they'll pop for ya!

Think I did the same thing recently. Soaked 3 Jack Herer seeds for about a day and a half. They did pop, but never sprouted after they were planted in rapid rooters. Pretty sure the seeds were fine since I got 5 for 5 that grew from the same batch a couple of months ago. Think my water was just a bit warmer than it should have been. Placed the cup in my kitchen "crisper" which is like a bread box, but has a low power heater in the bottom which keeps the contents of the box crisp.

The pre-soaked worked great for me the first time through. Think I kind of lucked out. It will be great if a "stoner proof" germination method is found. I need all the help I can get!

Looking forward to seeing how things progress for you Munki!
:goodluck:

Thanks for the support guys. Regardless of the result, I always get a "knowledge dividend". ;)

Day 9 for my first babies. Also got my first Satori to break the surface today! :yahoo:

071810-pic1.JPG

Here are the bagseed trio. Growth seems slow but they aren't wilting either. Gave them their first nutrient feeding of 1/4 strength Lucas Formula. Put 2 mL of Micro and 4 mL of Bloom (GH Flora Series) into one gallon of RO water and then used that for watering.

071810-pic2.JPG

071810-pic3.JPG

071810-pic4.JPG

071810-pic5.JPG

Munki!
Just found your journal! on board to watch these little fellers grow! all looks green and happy :)

Welcome aboard Lebowskii! This stuff may be "old hat" to many, but isn't new to everyone which includes myself. I thought it would be good to try and document the daily changes that occur with the little seedlings. I have only missed a couple of updates so far. Thanks again for checking in.

Day 10 for the first three; the Satoris are just getting started! I think I accidentally killed #5 while trying to clear the dirt from the surface. Lesson learned, never do this! Not totally sure if I broke a tap root so I gently replanted the bottom half into the soil but it wasn't white so I expect it to die. Two other cups have not shown activity yet.

Oh, at 7 AM this morning, I had fed the cups with a solution of 2 ml Micro and 4 ml Bloom (GH Flora Series) with a drop of SuperThrive added to my filling cup. I add the SuperThrive at use rather than pre-mixing it.

Final note: I started lowering my lights down to about 3 inches from plant tops to bulb surface. Is that too low for the seedlings at this stage?

071910-pic1.JPG

071910-pic2.JPG

Master Kush

071910-pic3.JPG

Blueberry Wowie

071910-pic4.JPG

This is the Ogre. The first true leaves measure 1 1/2 inches across with the other two of similar size.

071910-pic5.JPG

071910-pic6.JPG

071910-pic7.JPG

071910-pic8.JPG

I'm aware of the inverse square law concerning light intensity. My concern was the little one's haven't hardened to higher density light. I did check on them this morning and growth is improving so I will be operating the lights at a lower level at least on the right side. May still keep the left side higher up a couple of inches as that is where my new seeds are popping.

Thanks for the advice guys.

My babies come out of the dirt with the light right over them (1 1/2 - 2 inches for my 27W's)...keeps them short noded and so far never had any of them complain...CFL's/T5's have very little IR (heat spectrum) and I have a 120mm fan blowing down on their tops.

Just my two cents.

I would be hesitant with any HID though.

:peacetwo: brother

Back
Top Bottom