Nice roots there Mr S!

Even though it's small enough, I'm sad about the fabric pot that my plant's in because I can't just pop her out to check the roots!
I never seem to be around clear solo cups or could never justify the cost, but the trick is planting them in clear solo cups and setting the clear one inside a red or blue solo cup. Then you just slide the clear cup out and violin!
Do you think it's worth doing an MC comparative grow with and without BE or do you really not think it does anything?
I dunno. Depends who you listen to. I have seen grows that use it and the buds don't look any different. Then I see others that don't use it and see huge buds. My last two grows I've used BE to the point it's more than just a v3 of MC and the colas and buds have been rather small. I think there's more to it than just adding a bunch of P and K, namely the chemovars and most likely the environment. Sure it would be great to see. I thought Dutchman1990 did a comparison at one time and I think he saw a difference.
Mine is the smaller balls smells sweet and nasty would that be ver2.5?
What are the Ca and Mg values? Mine is brownish/tan in color.
Wife is just settling down over the seeds no need to set her off with another delivery.
Haha! Good call.

Same colour
9-6-17
Ca 5.6%
Mg 2.3%
You and carcass fell in between versions. They really dropped the Ca and Mg for whatever reason. It would be helpful if you could give me the S value on your version when you get time. I can fill in the blamk below. :)
1595470059272.png

You and carcass fell in between versions. They really dropped the Ca and Mg for whatever reason. It would be helpful if you could give me the S value on your version when you get time. I can fill in the blamk below. :)
1595470059272.png
MG is so simple...yet all I read is sounds like Very complicated and very mixed results. Yet some show great results. Watching on multiple threads out of curiosity.

MG is so simple...yet all I read is sounds like Very complicated and very mixed results. Yet some show great results. Watching on multiple threads out of curiosity.
It is simple imo. Once you realize less is more and understand when to increase the dosage it really doesn't get any easier.

It is simple imo. Once you realize less is more and understand when to increase the dosage it really doesn't get any easier.
I tend to agree. This has been one of my healthiest grows using that advice. Thanks for the opinion on the BE test. With my seeds lost at sea not sure how my next-gen with go depending on whether they show up or not.

Hey MrS. Good choice on the WoWmycos. I use the exact same stuff myself. It’s great, you only need to apply it to the root zone one time.

you ever think about shifting to organics?

Hey everbody!
So I've gone from not having any time on my hands to having too much time on my hands. I spent some time learning a bit more about foxtailing and figured I'd make this a edumacation day for us all. :)

Sometimes you'll have a case where a plant keeps making more and more new pistils right when the plant seems just about ready to harvest. Often you can tell something is not quite right so first off we have to understand what these pistils are and the difference between normal and abnormal growth.

A pistil is the female cannabis plant sex organ and looks like a hair that protrudes from a calyx on a female flower. They are also known as stigmas. When a pistillate hair comes into contact with pollen from a male cannabis plant, it is then pollinated.
It's normal for pistils to develop throughout the plant but when the plant is only producing new pistils from the top bud sites then it's a sign of a problem. Buds growing in strange shapes can be a sign of heat or light stress. Each new bud or "foxtail" is covered in lots of new sugar leaves because the plant is actually growing brand new buds like towers or mini colas emerging from the old ones. Below is a common fist-shaped foxtail that I pulled from the internet. The Lemon AK I ran recently had this exact shape.
1595506695368.png

The next example, the bud has been damaged by both too much light and too much heat. Although the rest of the buds on the plant appear almost ready to harvest, this bud closest to the light keeps putting out more and more white pistils as new buds grow on top of the old one. This plant is ready to be harvested.
1595508138695.png

If your plant is showing signs of foxtailing then look at the older parts of the buds to decide when your plant is ready to harvest. The newest growth will look immature even if the plant is ready.

Can foxtailing be prevented? Yes! Below are some things that can be done to reduce or prevent foxtailing.

- Control the heat. Getting the top canopy a few degrees cooler can make a huge difference in your efforts to stop foxtailing.
- Even if the temperature is okay, move your lights further away. Sometimes bud damage is caused by light burn. Light stress without heat is most common with HPS and LED grow lights that are kept too close.
- Consider giving your plant shorter days to hurry it to finish flowering. By giving plants a 11/13 or 10/14 light schedule, you will encourage your plant to finish flowering sooner.

It is normal for some strains to put out new waves of pistils two or three times during the flowering stage, even without heat or light damage. Sativa chemovars tend to do this the most, though it can happen to many different types. Sometimes the new growth may even look like foxtails, but if it's happening evenly all over the plant chances are it's normal and caused by the strain.

So although this class was quickly thrown together the points are out there and I'm sure many of you have experienced this at one time or another. I'll be sure to react next time since I never really understood what was going on.
Have a great day!

:Rasta:

By giving plants a 11/13 or 10/14 light schedule, you will encourage your plant to finish flowering sooner.
Very interesting post Mr. S.

If I could run to the finish line with my current indoor Cindys I would! I would like to do as you mentioned above. Do I start slow or just switch to 11/13 one day and 10/14 the next day from then on? Looking at what I have going on right now do you think I would do any damage to them?

Do I start slow or just switch to 11/13 one day and 10/14 the next day from then on? Looking at what I have going on right now do you think I would do any damage to them?
There's no problem in going from 12/12 to 10/14 overnight and your plants will be unharmed in the process. You'll be fine Boo! Wait til the lights are off then extend the program on the timer accordingly.

lol, ya I never thought I may make others paranoid. :hmmmm:

It's easier to tell tbh when zoomed out a bit. You can see the structure better. There's nothing wrong when a plant foxtails. Nothing really changes as far as quality goes but you can miss the harvest window which could reduce potency.

I have had my share of foxtails growing with HID for the reasons you mentioned. I am hoping that changes with the new LED.

Ya I run HID too and it usually occurs. I've never thought the light was too low but I'll definitely be keeping it higher than normal in the future. The ones under my LED seem to be good right now.

Back
Top Bottom