Hey everybody!
I did some prep work this afternoon on the @Weedseedsexpress plants final homes. It was a quiet afternoon so it was nice to be out on the deck playing in the dirt.
Each of the four pots had a 75/25% soil/vermiculite mix. I used vermiculite this time due to not having the perlite available. Vermiculite is a silicate material that’s brown or beige in color and has a soft, sponge-like texture and tends to hold water better. Perlite is harder, white in color, and is made out of mined volcanic rock. Perlite tends to be more akaline and vermiculite is more neutral so if you have soil with a high pH then vermiculite wouldn't be a bad option over perlite.
One pot had a mix of FFOF, one had a mix of recycled FFOF with 1tsp of Dolomitic Lime added and two had a mix of Miracle Grow's Nature's Care Organic Potting Soil. Each pot also had 4 tbsps of Charlie Brown's Great Magic Pumpkin Dust.
1595462457539.png

The rest of the images are pretty self explanatory. Reverse sandcastles and in goes the plant. @InTheShed asked if I thought the roots grew faster than others that I have noted and the fact is I never noted roots before. So I have no idea but here's a pic of all except the smallest Pinkman Goo.

Finally back under the 600W MH lights at 75%.

:Rasta:

Hey everybody!
I did some prep work this afternoon on the @Weedseedsexpress plants final homes. It was a quiet afternoon so it was nice to be out on the deck playing in the dirt.
Each of the four pots had a 75/25% soil/vermiculite mix. I used vermiculite this time due to not having the perlite available. Vermiculite is a silicate material that’s brown or beige in color and has a soft, sponge-like texture and tends to hold water better. Perlite is harder, white in color, and is made out of mined volcanic rock. Perlite tends to be more akaline and vermiculite is more neutral so if you have soil with a high pH then vermiculite wouldn't be a bad option over perlite.
One pot had a mix of FFOF, one had a mix of recycled FFOF with 1tsp of Dolomitic Lime added and two had a mix of Miracle Grow's Nature's Care Organic Potting Soil. Each pot also had 4 tbsps of Charlie Brown's Great Magic Pumpkin Dust.
1595462457539.png

The rest of the images are pretty self explanatory. Reverse sandcastles and in goes the plant. @InTheShed asked if I thought the roots grew faster than others that I have noted and the fact is I never noted roots before. So I have no idea but here's a pic of all except the smallest Pinkman Goo.

Finally back under the 600W MH lights at 75%.

:Rasta:
I did some reading and that Pinkman Goo seems like it is pretty special. Should be interesting. Are you using MC along with the Charlie Brown's Great Magic Pumpkin Dust? Everything looks good. :thumb:

They look good what size pot did they go into? I use vermiculite for cloning.
I went back to 5gals. The other tent has the photos in 7gals but I forgot it takes a lot longer to water now :( so I went back to 5gals. :) You have a reason why you use vermiculite for cloning? I've never cloned and was just curious what you found.
I did some reading and that Pinkman Goo seems like it is pretty special. Should be interesting. Are you using MC along with the Charlie Brown's Great Magic Pumpkin Dust? Everything looks good. :thumb:
It was one of the reason's I picked it. Unfortunately I overlooked the Original Glue which looks pretty impressive. I've never run the OG and it'll be on my list of things to buy in the near future.
Yes I'm using the MC. I'm scaling down my N quite a bit this run as a test with the Protekt to see if I encounter any issues. I'll be using MC, Protekt, Sweet Candy, calmag and eventually Bud Explosion. I like MC for it's simplicity. :rolleyes:

I'll be using MC, Protekt, Sweet Candy, calmag and eventually Bud Explosion.
Yup, can't get any simpler than that!! :rolleyes: But your results show its working.

You have a reason why you use vermiculite for cloning? I've never cloned and was just curious what you found.
I have used it forever it seems to hold the right amount of moisture cheap readily available I have a high success rate aswell. When I grew RDWC would take clones out of the tray dip it once in a bucket of water and Al the vermiculite is gone. Then plant in Hydroton vermiculite is messy in a system like that.

I wish, lol. They looked like fun.
I like the shoulder high reference...stuff was big and heavy when little. Never thought of sabotaging the first mower I had to push, an old rusty Mechanical rotary push mower that required some basic level of intelligence, even at 6 years old, to not shred any body parts. Wouldnt pass any safety tests today. Still have ten digits...as of today.

I was actually glad to retire with all my digits and the rest of me intact. Two guys in my local lost a few digits.

Just curious, Mr.S.- why the calmag?
Are you using rainwater?

I have used it forever it seems to hold the right amount of moisture cheap readily available I have a high success rate aswell.
Thanks. Stick with what works and your stress levels go way down :)
Mr S so you think the bud explosion is worth using? I was going to try it this grow but it's not available right now.
I've not noticed anything different with it. Keep in mind that I use v1(original) and it lacks the K the current versions use. It also has lower Ca and Mg values. Bud Explosion gives me the extra K and Mg I need and SC gives me more Mg and K too.
My version of Bud Explosion is different than what is sold now. The new version contains P. My BE values are 0-19-39 and the new version is 0-21-41.
The Sweet Candy I have is original as well and has a NPK value of 0-0-16. The new version has a value of 0-17-28. I don't like they added the P into the Sweet Candy and when I need more I'll have to deal with that then.
I never tell anyone not to try something but I can tell you that adding it before flower will cause nothing but headaches. Add it after the second week of flower and start at 1/2g/gal and work up to the max dose and you should be fine.

Just curious, Mr.S.- why the calmag?
Are you using rainwater?
The v1 of MC I use has less Ca and Mg in it. Take a look at the below image to compare the values. They may need to be updated since Greenleaf updates their product weekly it seems.
1595470096063.png

I forget you're using v1- the stuff I'm using says (on the bag) Ca. 5.6 & Mg.2.3- so,v2 I guess?...seems kind of low on the Ca.?

I am using ver2 I just checked and BE is in stock
So as long as you use it in flower only things should be fine. My personal opinion is there is plenty of P and K in MC without needing the additives. I believe they need to sell more and growers feel it willl improve their grows. Truth of the matter is plants don't use a lot of P in flower anyhow.

I forget you're using v1- the stuff I'm using says (on the bag) Ca. 5.6 & Mg.2.3- so,v2 I guess?...seems kind of low on the Ca.?
v2 had those big balls so I'm assuming it has to do with that. They can never leave the product alone long enough for people to really understand what is going on. The changes between Ca and Mg between versions are big adjustments imho.

So as long as you use it in flower only things should be fine. My personal opinion is there is plenty of P and K in MC without needing the additives. I believe they need to sell more and growers feel it willl improve their grows. Truth of the matter is plants don't use a lot of P in flower anyhow.
I have two Northern Lights clones nicely rooted and reading your post made me think maybe I should do a little comparative test. Do you think it's worth doing an MC comparative grow with and without BE or do you really not think it does anything?

Back
Top Bottom