The VipersNest Continuous

OMM, check out Bloom Energy on the web. I am on the mailing list to be sure. If it works out, I grow my green, sell my green for green, then invest that green to make some more green!

Will do:reading420magazine:

You sure put that in good words.:thumb:

Has his company gone public yet ?....Would be some great stock to buy. :surf:

NEGative OMM.

BUT, his biggest investor is also one of the biggest Venture Capitalist's in the world.

The 60 Minute piece was presented as sort of a "coming out" party, so you can believe that an IPO will be eminent, once things "prove out".

They mentioned a hiccup during the broadcast with one of the units on-site, I would imagine that if that were the only issue they were having they are in a darn good position.

I would also imagine that by releasing this information to the public they're putting a bunch of large "players" on notice. Can you think how detrimental this could be to all the local power companies? I would venture to guess this marketplace will really get cooking, I can't imagine GE and/or Siemens, etc., wouldn't have something up their sleeves.

All conjecture of course. Just opinions from another A-hole.

StinkyFingers

Dude at the end had it straight, this won't hurt the power companies as they will be buying them and putting them right at the substations and dropping all the long carry transmission lines...great idea. Just need to work on making more "garbage" gas from our trash.

If we tried we could probably figure a way to dump our bodily waste and biodegradable trash into a "Septic" tank that "cooks" the waste keeping it at a prime growing temp to decompose and give off bio gas to power one of those bloom energy plants....that would be self sufficient as we all need to eat and well you know...:ganjamon:

I am sure there would be issues with waste but a smart system would just slowly worm drive it through the system and by the time it hit the end it would be used up anyway and ready to be either flushed into a septic dispersal system or into the city pipes.

:peace: from ramble mountain.

Why not?

IDK... he said 3,000 for one box and two would run an american house that would mean 4 for a really nice size grow room... I'd pay 12,000 and pay less for gas than I'd pay in electric and not have the electric company know how much I'm using... LOL... He's supposed able to get the cost down... hell 1/2 would be amazing... IDK... I think this actually has potential.

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

I think what angers people is the unexplainable cost. I remember when the economy first took an unaccountable downturn, or when things new to the market don't sell well, they'll just cut the cost in half. Like it's no big deal to them at all to do so. They just do it because it made sense! We're forking over like $2500 for a cutting edge boob tube that nobody wants, .... so then all of the sudden it's a $1250 boob tube. How Arbitrary! They're pricing things based on how much they think the "old way" sucks. What they should do is price things based on what their generic equivelant will price things as, when their patent runs out. Because THEN you will have customer loyalty.

Sorry Pit, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Just thinking this would be a great source for those of us who have much higher electric requirements than the average (non- growing) joe on the street!

...Not to mention an extra $700,000-$800,000 lying around to purchase the unit itself.

You'd have to fill a bunch of prescriptions to float that coin.

:yikes:

SF

...Not to mention an extra $700,000-$800,000 lying around to purchase the unit itself.

You'd have to fill a bunch of prescriptions to float that coin.

:yikes:

SF

Ahh, but that is for a commercial/industrial unit. He states that he can get the price under $3000 for a residential unit. And with over $400,000,000.00 million of investment monies already in hand, he has a pretty good jump on things. Just imagine a unit parred down to power the next generation of hygrid electric vehicles. I can see certain fossil fuel companies and electric utilities taking a big slash in their profit margins. Suddenly massive wind turbine farms don't seem as competitive as they did either!

Ahh, but that is for a commercial/industrial unit. He states that he can get the price under $3000 for a residential unit. And with over $400,000,000.00 million of investment monies already in hand, he has a pretty good jump on things. Just imagine a unit parred down to power the next generation of hygrid electric vehicles. I can see certain fossil fuel companies and electric utilities taking a big slash in their profit margins. Suddenly massive wind turbine farms don't seem as competitive as they did either!

Pit, sorry in advance bro. Just adding content for your never ending journal.

GMT. I agree with you mon! Two things stood out for me immediately. Leslie in her opening statement said that this company is 1 of 100 start ups competing in a similar energy space. The second was the negative viewpoint, that had a very valid point, that Venture Capitalists want first mover advantage, as well as a way to make billions based on that gamble. Anything over 100 million gets people antsy and nervous. Let's face it, for him (John Dorr) it's total speculation and a crap shoot, but a great marketing position. Here we are all talking about this Bloombox, we know the name and we're watching to see what it does

I think that's where the business end of it really comes into play, and economics plays out. From $800,000 real cost, and government subsidies brings it down to $400,000 to go to $3,000 is quite a reduction (is it even possible). Obviously this would be based on market acceptance and being able to satisfy demand, if any from the consumer market. It's yet to be seen a "version" that would sit behind most homes across America. The units that were shown on 60 mins would occupy most of my garage. I'm all for alternative energy, more power to the people!

As a side question, he mentioned that it would burn Natural Gas for a majority of the users (as well as other sources of energy), what's our supply of NG? Are we trading one resource for another?

I just keep thinking why there isn't a larger acceptance and market penetration of electric vehicles, solar cells, wind farms, and other forms of "alternative" energy.

Why is this company the save-all, or is it another slick piece of journalism that 60 minutes has produced, albeit informative, but realistic?

Highly under the influence currently, so I'll close here. Also the Doors movie has been playing on in the background during my composing this rant, so I'm going to blame Val Kilmer/Jim Morrison for my verbal diarrhea.

Night.
SF

NEGative OMM.

BUT, his biggest investor is also one of the biggest Venture Capitalist's in the world.

The 60 Minute piece was presented as sort of a "coming out" party, so you can believe that an IPO will be eminent, once things "prove out".

They mentioned a hiccup during the broadcast with one of the units on-site, I would imagine that if that were the only issue they were having they are in a darn good position.

I would also imagine that by releasing this information to the public they're putting a bunch of large "players" on notice. Can you think how detrimental this could be to all the local power companies? I would venture to guess this marketplace will really get cooking, I can't imagine GE and/or Siemens, etc., wouldn't have something up their sleeves.

All conjecture of course. Just opinions from another A-hole.

StinkyFingers

Liked your synopsis StinkyFingers. You sound like a man with a bit of background in this kind of thing. I may just start following you around.:ganjamon:

WHERE ARE YOU MARCHING ON MAY 1ST???
Let's Make 2010 THE YEAR THE WORLD SPEAKS LOUDEST
Find your nearest Cannabis Rally
and start organising things now.
NO MORE APATHY! NO MORE I DON"T WANNA BE SEEN IN PUBLIC AS
AN MJ USER. SAY IT LOUD, SAY IT PROUD

LETS ALL PUSH HARD FOR CHANGE.:peace:
Hope you don't mind me posting this here Pit. It's just that I want to get it out there and your threads a popular one.:thumb::peace:

Sorry Pit, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Just thinking this would be a great source for those of us who have much higher electric requirements than the average (non- growing) joe on the street!

its all good...I love how everyoe goes off on a tangent...like they are high:bong:

Nice man, thanks for the info, it looks very manageable. Do you notice much of an increase in temps running this thing?

aprox 8F to total of 80F

aprox 8F to total of 80F

Ran into something that I was not aware existed. May make adding a lamp to a light moving system easier.

Unistrut is the trade name of channel strut. Mostly used to support pipe and conduit in commercial or industrial construction (at Home Depot the have it in the electrical section...but very few people know what it is for.

Anyway they make fibreglass unitstrut at a fraction of the weight of the metal. And it holds alot of weight. Cost is not high. Any electrical wholesaler can give you a quote. And they will know exactly what you are talking about.

But the cool thing is that Unistrut actually makes a small roller assembly that fits perfrectly into the channel.

This may be an avenue of exploration for anyone looking to install another lamp onto an existing moving setup.

I know it was mentioned a few pages ago.

things must be busy at the vipers nest, no word for days... im havin withdrawls. hope everythings goin well.

I know what you mean... usually I jump on once or twice a day and I'm at least a page or two behind... haven't been on for a couple days and I was like 3 posts behind... LOL...

How's things going Pit?

H2OGanjaFarmr :ganjamon:

got some new glass yesterday...I LOVE THIS THING......8mm . and its lil brother
02456.JPG

02861.JPG

Back
Top Bottom