TheCapn's - Not So Simple - Aeroponics

The OMG is chopped and curing now. Well over a P, but not exactly sure yet.

I'm about 1/2 way thru the mystery strain, and thought you might like to see one of the biggest tops:

20140202_214840.jpg

Last post on this journal, gang.

The weights are in.

Dinafem OG: 21.3 zips This breaks my previous record of 20zips
The DF OG was grown "capn style" with no scrog. Vegged the normal 2 months. I attribute the increase in yield to the increase in light: 600+ 1/2 of another 600 (the vertical cool tube).

20140206_220121.jpg
20140202_161917.jpg

omg3.JPG

Mystery Strain: 17.1 zips.
Vegged Aero and flowered DWC. Vegged a little over one month. Previous run was 16 zips under 600W, and vegged about 6 weeks.

The blue tint is from the flash
DSC_3128.JPG

Same plant a week before:
nice25.JPG

Analyses:

1. DWC vs Capn Style? With the mystery strain, I saw absolutely no increase in bud size with DWC, compared to my previous capn style run. What I did see is slightly faster veg growth. For me, I always take a clone from every plant I put into flower, so I'm vegging for 2 months anyway.

2. Vertical vs SCROG? Undetermined. I was worried the NON-SCROG was going to be a pain, but once I mounted a string for the yoyos, I was able to string up the buds in 15 minutes. It was easy. I can get more height with the vertical lighting, but a bit of horizontal space is wasted.

3. This grow had TWO 396GPH water pumps running 24/7. So when you read about people saying not to run your water pump because it sucks iron and other minerals out of the water, please refer them to this pictures.

Future runs for the capn:

1. I'll continue to run capn style (top feed grodan grow-cubes in 7gal air pots). The growth rate is fast, yield is high, there is little or no risk of disease, and it's easy and stealthy. For you DWC guys out there, don't throw "capn style" into the same category as rockwool blocks or coco. This is truly an easy and efficient way to grow. I would challenge anyone to give it a try.

2. Goals for 2014. In 2013 I averaged 1lb per plant (not including strain hunting specimens). For 2014 I would like to average 18 zips per, and I'm already over that with these two :)

Here's a sneak peak at the next run. I'm only using one res for two chongers this time. Vertical lighting, regular capn style with no scrog. I won't be journal-ing any longer. You guys have seen enough of me. I'll still be lurking around in my blog. I have an OPEN Q&A blog entry for any questions not related to this grow. Open Q&A - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Whenever you old timers dig your way out of the dirt, I'm always open for questions via PM as well.

20140205_162610.jpg
20140205_165946.jpg

Great roots equals great plants. It's the foundation to success. Many people grow large plants on top and wonder why their yields are small so they try adding more boosts and nutes to enhance it. Usually with limited success. Any professional grower will tell u to focus on building the foundation of the.plant first. Even small plants become monsters when the roots are healthy.

There is an argument that adding beneficial bacteria can have some negative effect on the plant after week 3 of flower. The reason being that aerobic bacteria will compete for O2 along with the roots. I have never had this problem but I don't use beneficial right through flower in dwc. But it is an interesting point.

So cult, do you not add zymes during flower because the bacteria will compete for oxygen? if i understood that right, then yes it is an interesting point.

And captn, sorry for jumping in, in ur thread outta no where asking questions lol. I been away for a lil while, but im really looking forward to start again on my second run at dwc, much bigger expectations this time around from all the help from this forum and from looking at journals such as this one, i did take some time to browse through ur pictures here, looking real nice, great job. ;)

This grow had TWO 396GPH water pumps running 24/7. So when you read about people saying not to run your water pump because it sucks iron and other minerals out of the water, please refer them to this pictures.

hi mate can you just clarify that for me? thanks

great grow. I'll have a blast at your growdan cube method in my new space even though its no as good as rdwc hahahaha

Actually im thinking of running a large scrog set up, just not sure if i have the head height as i would need to manually water first time around. be real difficult for me to tie up buds with yo yos in this space.

So cult, do you not add zymes during flower because the bacteria will compete for oxygen? if i understood that right, then yes it is an interesting point.

I continue to add cannazym throughout but stop using beneficials end week 2 or 3 mate (in DWC not in coco or rockwool)

hi mate can you just clarify that for me? thanks

great grow. I'll have a blast at your growdan cube method in my new space even though its no as good as rdwc hahahaha

Actually im thinking of running a large scrog set up, just not sure if i have the head height as i would need to manually water first time around. be real difficult for me to tie up buds with yo yos in this space.

>>>This grow had TWO 396GPH water pumps running 24/7. So when you read about people saying not to run your water pump because it sucks iron and other minerals out of the water, please refer them to these pictures.

Both pumps were running 24/7 inside the tote. One ran to the chiller and back again. The other ran sprayers inside the tote. I used sprayers instead of airstones.

I've never heard of that before mate. I always.leave my pumps on 24/7. It's a new one to me and ur plants don't look like they suffered at all. More people reading shit and giving comments without doing it or understand what they are talking about. How the Fuck does a recirculating pump leech out minerals? It's just keeping the water moving.

I've never heard of that before mate. I always.leave my pumps on 24/7. It's a new one to me and ur plants don't look like they suffered at all. More people reading shit and giving comments without doing it or understand what they are talking about. How the Fuck does a recirculating pump leech out minerals? It's just keeping the water moving.

Well cultivator now that you ask how a leech works? It pastes BS haha
Im starting to have a feeling for how your days go running here and there and a day off? Yeah right! To be honest I havent had one in a year and I've never been happier. I've been putting in 19 hour days and am getting stronger and gaining muscle tone, haha sWeetP don't mind that lol.

Your going to be missed cap'n. Keep in touch and swing by my journals once in a while, see ya in 19 days, bring your favorite coffee mug, well have a pot burning 24/7

Would my SF Giants mug be allowed?

The only Giants I know are from NY :laughtwo:

Congratulations on this one bro, even though none are needed as this is just another run for you!

I'll keep in touch, don't be a stranger!

GREAT GREEN EVENING To All And To TheCapn Congratulations on your harvest !_!

Thank You For Sharing Your Growing Techniques With US At . . . . . :420:

+ REPS ..... :passitleft: ..... For Making Time To Put On A Clinic On How To Use ""CROUTONS"

+ MORE REPS . . . . . :passitleft: "Each One Teach One"

MY GREENNESS REGARDS TO ALL AT :420:

SMOKE IT IF YOU GOT IT . . :roorrip: . . :laugh: . . . . . . :Namaste:

Awesome journal once again , hope you reconsider not doing more journals in the future, I for one find your journals very informative and your plants are always beautiful and impressive. :) + reps brother

I started a new journal , would love for you to check it out sometime.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom