TheRoach's First - Soil - Aurora Indica - Organic Grow - 600W

Thats interesting CC, I only see foaming after a day or so bubbling.
I usually let tap water bubble for 24 hours prior use, add sugar cane honey and let aerate for a couple hours, then the castings go in. I don't see any foaming for at the beginning of the process. I guess local temperatures have a great influence in the behavior of the bacterial population in the tea. When I make the tea indoors the foaming is thicker too.

That is pretty interesting. I couldn't imagine what explains that. I do get some bubbling that will flare up some times towards the end of the brewing. So who knows. I just like to drive the point home that foam is not a solid indicator of ACT quality. You can see just from the difference in your and my experience that the behavior of the foam can be erratic at best.

I have my worm bin functional I think. Thanks Mr The Roach for the idea! I have several domestic animals I take care of, and many wild ones, and somehow I'm very happy to have a box of worms in my garden and under my care. I'm not sure why this feels so fulfilling as it does. :)

Hi don't mean to hijack but weaselcracker has kindly pointed me here for the swarms of friendly organics experts :)

I'm wondering about the most basic bennie tea I can brew. The key here is that I don't have a compost pile, so I need to purchase my sources of bacteria. Thanks to weasel I have been introduced to mycorrhizae and bacillus, which heisenberg's original recipe seems to call for.

SO far I'm looking at something like:
subculture m
hydroguard
liquid karma
molasses

Maybe pure blend tea?

What's the fewest, cheapest products I can get away with buying to make this stuff?

Hi don't mean to hijack but weaselcracker has kindly pointed me here for the swarms of friendly organics experts :)

I'm wondering about the most basic bennie tea I can brew. The key here is that I don't have a compost pile, so I need to purchase my sources of bacteria. Thanks to weasel I have been introduced to mycorrhizae and bacillus, which heisenberg's original recipe seems to call for.

subculture m
hydroguard
liquid karma
molasses

Maybe pure blend tea?

What's the fewest, cheapest products I can get away with buying to make this stuff?

Go to your hydro store and pick up the following:

Worm castings
Molasses
As big of an air pump as you can afford
An air stone w/tubing
Kelp Meal
Fish Hydrolosate (Cold Press)
5 Gallon Bucket

With just those you can brew a thriving ACT with all the beneficial nutrients your plant could want.

Go to your hydro store and pick up the following:

Worm castings
Molasses
As big of an air pump as you can afford
An air stone w/tubing
Kelp Meal
Fish Hydrolosate (Cold Press)
5 Gallon Bucket

With just those you can brew a thriving ACT with all the beneficial nutrients your plant could want.

Where do the bacteria come from? castings? environment? I want to be sure im growing the right stuff right?

subculture m
hydroguard
liquid karma
molasses

Maybe pure blend tea?

Hey YY. As I mentioned but to clarify a bit. Subculture M is beneficial fungi and Subculture B is the bacterial one. Mycorrhizae and other beneficial fungi, does not suit being in a tea and would probably die - it doesn't feed on mollases, it lives with roots. The plant's roots feed it! As you may notice in the Roach's signature he started a thread on DIY myco farming. There are a bunch of good products out there for beneficials. They are fairly expensive. :thumb:

Cool will check out the roachs myco thread.

Also definitely did see that you added that after brewing. Heisenberg seems to have added his zho powder beforehand so maybe it wouldn't necessarily be bad? But in any case thanks for walking me along!

EDIT: I have read the myco thread. The thing that sucks about needing the inoculum is the time that it take to grow host plants, cut them down, and dry the soil.. I'd like to buy a product that has the spores I need, so I can just take it off the shelf and mix it into the tea.

I've seen weirder!

IMG_022336.jpg

This does not look weird lol! You should see one of my monster buds with foxtailing everywhere! Ill post a pic in a few days of it.

I understand completely. Well, Subculture I can vouch for. Great white and Recharge are a couple more and there are many others. I think they are generally the same thing but vary mainly in the numbers of different bennies they have managed to scrape together and put in the can.

Did you know that mycorrhizae spores don't remain viable for long? They usually survive under a month if not close to roots. If you are going to buy spores off the shelf, better make sure they are very fresh. Otherwise you are paying for dead spores.

Did you know that mycorrhizae spores don't remain viable for long? They usually survive under a month if not close to roots. If you are going to buy spores off the shelf, better make sure they are very fresh. Otherwise you are paying for dead spores.

Wow a month? So one of those jars of subculture m has to be used up in like 4 batches?

Well then.. Another thought. I have lots of leafy stuff growing around, can I just grab some random roots and dirt and dry that up every month?

Sorry for misguiding you. Spores can be stored for over a year. You may wish to post your questions regarding mycorrhizae in my tutorial thread. Thank you!

Looking forward to the update Roach. :thumb: You haven't been coming out from under the sink as often lately, I have noticed. Hope all is well under there.
Do you ever get mold in your worm bin, and is it a problem? I made a lid for mine and left it down while I was away for a couple days. Came back to lots of mold. I had been already wondering about airflow, and thinking of drilling holes in the sides of the box. I can google this of course, but that is much less fun. And this serves as an excuse to say hello. :)

All is good in my world my friend, thank you for asking. I have had so many things to do... I feel I have neglected my friendship with my fellow growers.
Weaselcracker you have been a very supportive fella, and now I know there is only one way to reciprocate your support!
Fungi has never been a problem for me. I see the mold grow in there sometimes, even mushrooms with their fruiting body. In my opinion fungi is good, as it is a natural part of the process.
What kind of bin did you build?
I considered making holes in the sides of mine, but I reallized that would make the planks rot really fast.
Hope that helps, may the spirits of cannabis give you a nice surprise today!

Howdy TR, just got done voting for a certain helpful dude that radiates sunshine and rainbows in all his informative posts.
Vlad's home brewing production has increased %400 this week...
How are your plants doing?

Vlad

Damn vlad, you didnt have to come to roaches forum and rub it in bro, but thanks for the vote though bro, im flattered ..and thanks for the sunshine and rainbows comment..made me feel warm inside ....
Howdy TR, just got done voting for a certain helpful dude that radiates sunshine and rainbows in all his informative posts.
Vlad's home brewing production has increased %400 this week...
How are your plants doing?

Vlad

Back
Top Bottom