Third Times A Charm They Say

Looks like my two bubblegums ;') Hey dude - No luck with the computer after, looking into getting a new one soon, not too sure how soon -.-, However; I Have another subject to bring up that maybe you can help me with lol - My plants are starting to go yellow at the tips, So im guessing it's Nutrition burn.. but i could be wrong, Pictures would be helpful; However I cant get the webcam here to work -.-' i took a sample and stuck it in a book; Basically the leaves are a strong green and the whole system looks really healthy; much like the plant's above however sprouting the 1st set of 4-5th leaves; It's a light yellow colour followed by a Brownish looking colour, I suspected at first that they may be to close to the light so i allowed some distance and continued on; Now im looking at the other plants leaves are doing the following - So i cut back on pretty much everything i left them over night - Took the samples this morning, and gave them a good watering before i left at 3pm - Get home about 9-10pm and water them again; Then leave them over night again o_O' So yeah.. Nutrient burn? Maybe; Whatcha think? xD

Looks like my two bubblegums ;') Hey dude - No luck with the computer after, looking into getting a new one soon, not too sure how soon -.-, However; I Have another subject to bring up that maybe you can help me with lol - My plants are starting to go yellow at the tips, So im guessing it's Nutrition burn.. but i could be wrong, Pictures would be helpful; However I cant get the webcam here to work -.-' i took a sample and stuck it in a book; Basically the leaves are a strong green and the whole system looks really healthy; much like the plant's above however sprouting the 1st set of 4-5th leaves; It's a light yellow colour followed by a Brownish looking colour, I suspected at first that they may be to close to the light so i allowed some distance and continued on; Now im looking at the other plants leaves are doing the following - So i cut back on pretty much everything i left them over night - Took the samples this morning, and gave them a good watering before i left at 3pm - Get home about 9-10pm and water them again; Then leave them over night again o_O' So yeah.. Nutrient burn? Maybe; Whatcha think? xD

That dark green thing is usually excess nitrogen I think. Which can also contribute to a K def I think. Are the tips curling and dying? Doesn't manganese def also resemble this? I'd flush (like you did) and check ph before attempting anything else corrective. And wait for someone w/ more experience to chime in. :) You know about this thread?

Korloin, is your driz a feminized seed ? Just ordered a few myself not a bad mix of genes c99 , white widow, and romulan .

Outspoken, as korloin said flush good just water and when you do go back to feeding start at 1/4 strength. Without a picture is hard to say but if there is brown at all sounds like nute burn. Let us know how the flushing does. How old are they ?

Mine are regular. I can't recall actually if Dynasty breeds feminized or not. I'm super psyched about this strain actually. :) it manifests 4 phenos all of which sound amazing! There are a few smoke/ grow reports on some other forums. They all rave about it. No negative reports. I think mine is the first on 420. As I couldn't find anything here when I was researching the strain. :)

Ok. I think i figured out what's going on. The water i was using was too alkaline and probably choked with Calcium I believe. Water coming from my basement sink (which is what I've used through this grow so far, as infrequently as that has been.) has a ph @7. Upstairs water has a ph of 6.3. I filtered about 5gals of the 6.3 through a makeshift carbon filter and flushed each plant with a gal. I'm thinking of doing a foliar w/ epsom salts and @ 1tsp of colloidal mins mixed in the last gallon. (haven't made this yet as I'm not sure how much of the epsom salts to mix. 1tsp or 2 per gallon? I'm gonna do 1 if I can't find a proper ratio anywhere and go real light with it) Lights pop back on in @ an hour for the 12 of light in the GLM I'm doing.:helpsmilie:

I'm pretty sure I locked out the Magnesium more than anything now. The drooping, leaf spotting and stunted growth of Squiggy and Kush 1. And the beginnings of the leaf things on Driz and Kush2 are leading me this way because that is also the sequence I watered. All around a day apart from each other. Driz and Kush2 got watered 3 or 4 days after Squiggy and Kush1. They possibly haven't had enough time to suffocate as much I'm thinking. I hope I'm right.:bitingnails:

That was the trick I think!!:woohoo:

Squiggy un-drooping a bit since that big flush and the rest seem rather invigorated as well! Although she(/) has acquired a bit of a limey shade of green. (no offense to my pals across the pond :) )

I decided against the foliar idea and chose to wait it out a lil' and see how they take to the flush. "Patience Daniel-san" my inner Myagi spoke and I finally listened for once. Or maybe it was smokemup's advice to another. K.I.S.S. that I took to heart. I utilize that meme when writing music and it works, dunno why I have such a hard time at this endeavor. lol.

Room Is almost ready!! Installing the plexiglass tonight and utilizing my newfound patience in regards to the socket assembly. She's gonna be pretty this box o'mine! I hope she functions like I intend her to.

Peace!

K

:):) Smiles all the way!! When i OD' Cindy on Pyrethrum tryin to kill the little flying pricks i have, like within an hour she was limp bizkit!! All sad and giving me that - ...SAVE ME!!!! look.. On sum great advice straight away from the MAN - JIMMY CRICKET:)!! Who lept to my saviour and said hit the 'FLUSH ' button.. So i blitzed her with fresh h2o and about 3-4hrs later - PERKY CINDY!!! Thank GANJA GOD!!
So yeah sometimes a flush does wonders, and if done right, gives you the opportunity to sort of re-build your micro system ( if in soil ) as once she s ready for another water, you might like to add something like Seasol - seaweed extract product i use to feed roots and good bacteria in there, not a high dosage but maybe 1/4 - 1/2 strength, in favour of nutrients again straight away. Its fine to use some nutes again soon after if you like, but id be careful of giving too much, thats all as you dont want a problem to arise again soon after your last flush!
You should be fine with your setup pal:thumb: Just think of whats going where before its secured or any holes cut.. Just try to keep the temps not too high, IMO Rh is best around 40-50% for veg and for flower id be inclined to try keep it below 50%, as this gives a window for mold,bacteria etc; to grow.. I kept my last about 35/40% and had no bud rot issues or mold.. Plant was happy enuf to give me 8oz off an xmas tree normal style grow in a 25 litre pot,400w MH then 400w HPS flower. She grew well and was fairly easy grown plant, she wasnt sensitive to small changes, as Cindy is.. Just do what you have to from now, and your girls should start to show progress soon mate, it seems like an eternity sometimes but then, NEK MINIT - ur knee deep in bud:)
Later mate, all da best!! SMOKEM...

:):) Smiles all the way!! When i OD' Cindy on Pyrethrum tryin to kill the little flying pricks i have, like within an hour she was limp bizkit!! All sad and giving me that - ...SAVE ME!!!! look.. On sum great advice straight away from the MAN - JIMMY CRICKET:)!! Who lept to my saviour and said hit the 'FLUSH ' button.. So i blitzed her with fresh h2o and about 3-4hrs later - PERKY CINDY!!! Thank GANJA GOD!!
So yeah sometimes a flush does wonders, and if done right, gives you the opportunity to sort of re-build your micro system ( if in soil ) as once she s ready for another water, you might like to add something like Seasol - seaweed extract product i use to feed roots and good bacteria in there, not a high dosage but maybe 1/4 - 1/2 strength, in favour of nutrients again straight away. Its fine to use some nutes again soon after if you like, but id be careful of giving too much, thats all as you dont want a problem to arise again soon after your last flush!
You should be fine with your setup pal:thumb: Just think of whats going where before its secured or any holes cut.. Just try to keep the temps not too high, IMO Rh is best around 40-50% for veg and for flower id be inclined to try keep it below 50%, as this gives a window for mold,bacteria etc; to grow.. I kept my last about 35/40% and had no bud rot issues or mold.. Plant was happy enuf to give me 8oz off an xmas tree normal style grow in a 25 litre pot,400w MH then 400w HPS flower. She grew well and was fairly easy grown plant, she wasnt sensitive to small changes, as Cindy is.. Just do what you have to from now, and your girls should start to show progress soon mate, it seems like an eternity sometimes but then, NEK MINIT - ur knee deep in bud:)
Later mate, all da best!! SMOKEM...

Thanks Smokem!

I do have a liquid seaweed I used in the solution I wetted the peatpots with. It's in a distilled water/ glycerine base. Maybe they might like a bit of the sugars from the glycerine as well. I couldn't help myself this morning and I top dressed Squiqqy w/ @ 2tsp of 4-5-4 dry organic fert w/ micros. She looked SOOOOO bright green and I thought maybe what moisture was left in the soil might bring them in very slowly so she could get some N. I might go scrape it off when I get home. I worry a lil, because I had built my soil and tested it on my tomato plants and they LOVED it. So I planted the peatpots in it while the seeds were germing. Everything was fine until I saw those lil' bugs! I kinda freaked a bit and took the peatpots out when it was just the coty's out top. Then I took all the soil from the pots and nuked it in the microwave for about 5 mins. Figured that would kill the wee beasties. But also killed my myco and benes as well I'm sure. Then those lil' bastards came back after a day or two!! Tenacious! Thats when I topped w/sand. So I'm not sure what to think about my soil right now. Now that I know those bugs were bene, I regret nuking a bit. At the same time, they were back in a day or so. So maybe my soil ISN'T dead? I don't want to transplant just yet. So hopefully everything is cool. Sorry to ramble. Just a lil' concerned and not sure what to do. Probably should just wait it out and see what happens. It's just Squiggy. The rest seem fine and the lesser Kush seems to have improved a bit. Hrrmmmmph. :/

Hey Korloin....been a few since I checked in on ya....do not worry though I am patiently following along. Hope everything is well my friend, and glad to see you getting the gals in line.

Yeah cool..
Try not to stress on the soil mites, long as theyre not spider mites.. U can put some sand on top soil if u like, that works.. Or if ou just want to reduce some numbers, you can do as i have, and put some yellow sticky traps on the top soil and any that crawl onto it get stuck:) Plus the Fungus Gnats get stuck too:) Haha..
But yeah they should stat to flourish soon mate, dont stress:thumb:
Take it easy and chat soon. SMokem..

Thanks all! :circle-of-love:
A minor moment of insecurity. We all have 'em I'm sure. :)
They're gonna be fine.

Since I started the GLR, Driz has just taken off like a rocket! I think the whole Squiggy thing might have a lot to do with the way she broke ground. All twisted up with her seed hull keeping her cots from opening. She was destined for runtness and a certain amount of fragility, I guess. At the same time they're only 2weeks old and under a 23w cfl each. So theres a lot of growing to be had yet. Looking like Driz and Kush1 are gonna be the star players in this game! I'm pretty sure they're both ladies now too, so maybe I'll start using that appellation honoring their ladyhood. :D
Kind of like a coronation of sorts!

I present to you Her Majesty, Queen Drizella and the Lady Kush!:clap:
(sorry, just finished watching 3 episodes of Game Of Thrones, lol)

Day14 veg
bushydriz.jpg

darkdriz.jpg

I believe those may be some preflowers there on the nodes?:high-five:

Damn camera died before I could snap a few of the others. Only got a couple of QD. grumble grumble......

Hi mate,
Theyre coming along ok now.. Another couple of weeks and the secondary shoots will start to emerge more from between the stem and leaf stalk, and start to fill out:)
I think its a little early for pre-flowers now Korloin, you maybe getting the secondary shoots mixed up for them..
But once a few levels of fans have emerged and your plant has fan leaves with about 7 fingers on each fan - it MAYBE nearly close enough to show 2 tiny white hairs, that will appear at the site where the secondary shoot emerges from at main stem/leaf stalk.. Once you see them, you will be sure you have a GIRL:):thumb: If some sort of rounded clumps start to form at that site, it will either be a male or hermi..
Anyways, dont go too hard on feeding them nutrients at the moment, just water and keep tabs on the heat/distance from light and moisture of the soil and they all should start growing fairly quickly now theyre past the hard yards!!:high-five:
So just wait til you compare your photo's from in a months time to now! You will be like, Shit thats right, she was that small!:) She HAS GROWN!! I have been lookin over my pics from when she was like 3-5 weeks and then to now, 8.5 weeks, and the difference is HUGE!! If ya can be stuffed, have a quick look at her around page 8 i think in my journal, she was only takin up a quart of my pot and about 15cm tall!!
Now she s a like a balloon full of NITROUS OXIDE near a naked flame - EXPLODING!!
So im itching to see what you do to your girls in the near future.. Goodluck, all the best. Smokem,.

Don’t forget that you are dealing with some of the most stubborn tenacious females you’ve ever encountered! (Well, in my experience.) I wouldn’t be concerned, if I were you, looking at the pics. If you have killed the micro-herd, can you not get it going again with a Tea?

:thumb:

Ah, wait til you come round for those biscuits, you might have to revise that ;)

Thanks all!
A minor moment of insecurity. We all have 'em I'm sure. :) They're gonna be fine.

I present to you Her Majesty, Queen Drizella and the Lady Kush!:clap:
(sorry, just finished watching 3 episodes of Game Of Thrones, lol)

You know you are not alone Korloin, you witnessed my whole wobbly over how my high temperatures were the end of the world :oops: I have no doubt I will do it again :)

These little ones look great so far...keep it up!

Hi mate,
Theyre coming along ok now.. Another couple of weeks and the secondary shoots will start to emerge more from between the stem and leaf stalk, and start to fill out:)
I think its a little early for pre-flowers now Korloin, you maybe getting the secondary shoots mixed up for them..
But once a few levels of fans have emerged and your plant has fan leaves with about 7 fingers on each fan - it MAYBE nearly close enough to show 2 tiny white hairs, that will appear at the site where the secondary shoot emerges from at main stem/leaf stalk.. Once you see them, you will be sure you have a GIRL:):thumb: If some sort of rounded clumps start to form at that site, it will either be a male or hermi..
Anyways, dont go too hard on feeding them nutrients at the moment, just water and keep tabs on the heat/distance from light and moisture of the soil and they all should start growing fairly quickly now theyre past the hard yards!!:high-five:
So just wait til you compare your photo's from in a months time to now! You will be like, Shit thats right, she was that small!:) She HAS GROWN!! I have been lookin over my pics from when she was like 3-5 weeks and then to now, 8.5 weeks, and the difference is HUGE!! If ya can be stuffed, have a quick look at her around page 8 i think in my journal, she was only takin up a quart of my pot and about 15cm tall!!
Now she s a like a balloon full of NITROUS OXIDE near a naked flame - EXPLODING!!
So im itching to see what you do to your girls in the near future.. Goodluck, all the best. Smokem,.

Thank you as always for your words of wisdom Smokem! :thanks:

Thanks Smokem!

I got all excited for a moment when I saw those little leafy nubs popping! Wasn't quite sure. Both have those little thin strands coming off the stem at the same points. Thats what gave me the impression they were girls! There's a thread somewhere here I read about trying to identify sex in veg. I wrote down 4 words on a lil' scrap of paper that I had in my wallet from it. It read:

Strands = fem
Claws = dude

:)

Them ain't no claws!

I REALLY appreciate your input! You've settled me down and helped me muster through the ADD addled thoughts in my mind multiple times in this short run. :)

You, Fluffy, AJ, OG, Outspoken, Shizz and the rest have been tremendously supportive and helpful. ;). I probably would have killed them all and created another death chamber if not for your input. Reps to all if I'm able!
Thank you.

K

Thanks Smokem!

I got all excited for a moment when I saw those little leafy nubs popping! Wasn't quite sure. Both have those little thin strands coming off the stem at the same points. Thats what gave me the impression they were girls! There's a thread somewhere here I read about trying to identify sex in veg. I wrote down 4 words on a lil' scrap of paper that I had in my wallet from it. It read:

Strands = fem
Claws = dude

:)

Them ain't no claws!

I REALLY appreciate your input! You've settled me down and helped me muster through the ADD addled thoughts in my mind multiple times in this short run. :)

You, Fluffy, AJ, OG, Outspoken, Shizz and the rest have been tremendously supportive and helpful. ;). I probably would have killed them all and created another death chamber if not for your input. Reps to all if I'm able!
Thank you.

K

I liked this thread for sexing of plants...made a note of it for when I need it, don't know if you have found it yet

How do I determine a female sex plant from a male?

I'm glad I've been able to help Korloin, I may only really be able to offer moral support rather than knowledge at the moment but we will get you a fully grown and flowered plant through if it kills us :)

I'm glad I've been able to help Korloin, I may only really be able to offer moral support rather than knowledge at the moment but we will get you a fully grown and flowered plant through if it kills us

:kisstwo:

I liked this thread for sexing of plants...made a note of it for when I need it, don't know if you have found it yet

How do I determine a female sex plant from a male?

Thanks Fluffy!

I'm a bit premature in my assessment maybe I guess. :/

But I'm I'm gonna continue with the appellation of Queen and Lady (positive reinforcement) until they start displaying some MJ-nutsacks. :)

Most of the grow reports I've read on the Drizella have shown a very high fem/ male ratio. And I've kept the makeshift veg chamber as close to ideal in regards to temp and Rh as possible. Temps have gotten as high as 81F once and Rh stays between 49 and 60, but usually right around 53.

Gotta spread my reps about a bit more before I can up you all. It'll come though. In the mean time, please accept a big wet sloppy cyber kiss from me. :circle-of-love::cheesygrinsmiley::kisstwo:

Back
Top Bottom