Third Times A Charm They Say

Hey dude, Long time no speak! Those girls look lovely now! Whats changed since i've been out? Would love to get some pictures of my girls up, sadly still stuck with no computer, up the old dears here lol... How tall are they getting now? My tallest is about 80-85cm, Shortest is coming in at around 26cm :S and shes started flowering already about 6 areas have started to grow Pistils wildly.. along with another, The other 6 are being encouraged with 2400k light - Oh! Added another 250W CFL so now we're upto 400W of light, In fact i'll try set aside 20 quid or so for a cheapo camera next week - I'm writing a journal and that so i'll be adding a grow journal, Taking clones at some point this week too >_> Waiting on rooting hormone is All >_<

TODAY IS THE DAY!

Oh how VERY exciting K'ster!!!

:cheer: ! Happy Flowering Day ! :cheer:

I am so pleased for you, it's been such a rollercoaster my darling. I knew you would make it to this stage, but you definitely deserve reps for your persistence and inventiveness!

Squiggy definitely gave the other girls her energy, so we know she lives on :angel:

You beat me to it, I'm just waiting for my fans to arrive before I flip the switch. Well, at least I get the advantage of watching you being a little bit ahead of me...thank you kind sir! :)

You know Fluffy is with you and the K'ster Clan all the way!

:circle-of-love:

Hey dude, Long time no speak! Those girls look lovely now! Whats changed since i've been out? Would love to get some pictures of my girls up, sadly still stuck with no computer, up the old dears here lol... How tall are they getting now? My tallest is about 80-85cm, Shortest is coming in at around 26cm :S and shes started flowering already about 6 areas have started to grow Pistils wildly.. along with another, The other 6 are being encouraged with 2400k light - Oh! Added another 250W CFL so now we're upto 400W of light, In fact i'll try set aside 20 quid or so for a cheapo camera next week - I'm writing a journal and that so i'll be adding a grow journal, Taking clones at some point this week too >_> Waiting on rooting hormone is All >_<

Welcome back OS!!

Things have been up and down and the up again over here. :)

Short story:

Finished cab, transfered 1 Drizella and 1 Kush to milk crates lined with landscape fabric and the other ones into 3gal pots. The soil I had been saving for this purpose had gone sour and nearly killed all of them. Wound up repotting into some Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. Squiggy died and the Kush I'd dubbed LK went into some serious shock and stunted for a bit. The other Drizella and Kush took to the soil just fine and are still going quite strong.

Fast forward - Put everyone into flower yesterday. Gave an extra 12hr dark before I did and at lights on Queen Drizella (QD for short) had jumped @ an inch or so in growth and LK (the stunted Kush) @ 1/2 - 1". The Keeper (the Kush I planned to give to a friend who wound up not taking her) also grew @ 1/2- 1". And the seedling as well! (dropped a couple beans to germ when I thought everyone was going to die. 1 popped) Lesson learned? The dark cycle is very important for growth. :thumb:

They're all under a scrog screen. QD has filled 13 squares so far and the Keeper 3. LK reminds me of when my daughter couldn't jump high enough to reach the MonkeyBars at the playground. :) She's eyeing the prize though!

I'm also running a few growing experiments on the gang. (just hope none go male)

I'm keeping the seedling in to see how it responds to going almost directly to 12/12.

I'm doing an extreme defoliation experiment on LK. Basically taking off all leaves not associated with a growth tip to allow light to penetrate all growth sites. It's kind of an anti-scrog really. :) Instead of removing undergrowth I'm ENCOURAGING undergrowth to reach it's maximum.

A traditional scrog with QD and a bit of a hybridized approach toward the keeper. I LST'd all, less the seedling, so there is a lot of exposure of the longitudinal stem lines.Trying to take advantage of this and get as many potential sites exposed to the light. :)

Heights

QD is probably 12-18" inches tall if she were straight up.
LK sits up @ 7-8"
Keeper @ 10-12"
Seedling is about 3-4" tall. :)))

Thanks for checking back in!
I was hoping you'd come back before this grow finished!:high-five:

Hope to see some pics and read of what's been happening in your garden soon!

Peace!

K

Looking and sounding good. Wasn't able to flip mine last night my gf's phone decided to drink a glass of water so was out getting a new one will flip them tonight and get some new pics up.

:)

Got to take care of the ladies when you can.

These gals are digging it so far! I'm hoping the GLR gives a little jump in flowering.

I'll be checking in on yours soon!

Take care OG!

Peace

K

Oh how VERY exciting K'ster!!!

:cheer: ! Happy Flowering Day ! :cheer:

I am so pleased for you, it's been such a rollercoaster my darling. I knew you would make it to this stage, but you definitely deserve reps for your persistence and inventiveness!

Squiggy definitely gave the other girls her energy, so we know she lives on :angel:

You beat me to it, I'm just waiting for my fans to arrive before I flip the switch. Well, at least I get the advantage of watching you being a little bit ahead of me...thank you kind sir! :)

You know Fluffy is with you and the K'ster Clan all the way!

:circle-of-love:

I'm quite amazed at Ruby's stature! She's gonna be great! Do you know what the breeder anticipates for stretch on an NL?

Btw, you're the first to attach a 'ster appellation to any name I've gone by!:thumb::laughtwo:

See you soon Dearie!

Short story:
K

Oh wow, I was just coming by because it is so good to see you back but you are my last stop before I gracefully fall asleep on my keyboard so I can't offer this my full attention. I am so excited about this update, and I am going to come back as soon as I can to have a natter about it because there is a lot here I am looking at myself. We've been at virtually the same stage throughout, it's nice to be able to ask dim questions and not sound so dim :bigblush:

Methinks weekend, nice hot milky drink tucked up. Hopefully there will be a joint in that, depends if I've smoked what I've got here. It's the last for a little while, maybe not quite as long as flower but probably a good few weeks.

And I love the update to the signature by the way! ;)

Be back soon my dear xxx

I'm quite amazed at Ruby's stature! She's gonna be great! Do you know what the breeder anticipates for stretch on an NL?

Btw, you're the first to attach a 'ster appellation to any name I've gone by!

:bigblush: I'm seriously touched, everyone keeps telling me she has grown really well and is looking great, I guess I just don't see her the same as I always think I'm doing something wrong! So I need to listen to my friends. Thank you, from both of us.

'ster is an honour my dear. It is a suffix to the names only of those deemed worthy. For example, one of our beasties is called Boo'ster. So K'ster puts you in esteemed company :hug:

:)

Got to take care of the ladies when you can.

These gals are digging it so far! I'm hoping the GLR gives a little jump in flowering.

I'll be checking in on yours soon!

Take care OG!

Peace

K

Lol, definitely take care or the lady, and there is only one lady. After the last year with breast cancer that is tops on my list making her feel like a lady. Now the girls, lol, are doing good. One of the outside girls we be harvested tomorrow, the other two look like a week maybe 10 days out. Will post up picks of the first blackcherry soda harvest , will post as the harvest, trim, and cure happen, but a sample may be taken sooner than the curing process, lol . How is the scrog turning out, looks interesting.

Well look who bounced back looking all perky and healthy! Looking great man. We'll be seeing some lovely flowers soon :yummy:
Nice scrog you got up there. For my next grow, I'm most probably doing regular photoperiods. I've been reading up on different methods of manipulation, and scrog looks very interesting. I learned a lot of basics with my autos, now time to learn more about plant growth manipulation. It's a huge chapter in growing regular photoperiods. I saw some that vegged a couple of mama's and then made a sog with clones and it turned out beautiful. That would take too much time tho. For me, I'm thinking like 4 plants (maybe 5.. ok most probably 5 lol) under a scrog would me much more convenient. Looking forward to learn more about this.

Korloin, fabulous you have done well hanging in there. The flip to flower is an exciting day and I am here with you rooting you on!
Shizz

:peace:

Right, read it now.

Wow...definitely some trials and tribulations in your garden while you were gone! Eeek!

But look how they have recovered by you rescuing them, so reps to you for that my darling! Sounds like you've got it much more under control now...what will you do differently to prevent the same problems on future grows?

I am going to keep my eye on the extreme defoliation experiment to see how it goes, particularly interested in this one as I'm trying to work out my own happy balance with it.

Make sure you take us some photos soon, hope things are going OK for you... you are missed!

:love: :hug: :love:

Thanks Fluffy ISmokes and Shizz!!

The future.......... :)
Man, that's a tough one. There are so many things I want to try now! But I have to learn to walk before I run. Always been a problem for me. :)

I'm thinking of trying a hempy grow soon. Not sure about next or not. Kinda want to see if I can clone QD and do a quick scrog first. Just waiting for her to confirm sex. Maybe clone the keeper as well. Want to get a few good soil grows done before I consider moving to hydro. But the hempy buckets seem like something I could do now. I'm waffling. Maybe I'll do clones in the hempy!

Decisions decisions. ;)

I have learned a valuable lesson in regards to mediums though. :) That is what I'll be doing different for sure! Good clean soil! #1

K

Thanks Fluffy and Shizz!!

Man, that's a tough one. There are so many things I want to try now! But I have to learn to walk before I run. Always been a problem for me. :)

I'm thinking of trying a hempy grow soon. Not sure about next or not. Kinda want to see if I can clone QD and do a quick scrog first. Just waiting for her to confirm sex. Maybe clone the keeper as well. Want to get a few good soil grows done before I consider moving to hydro. But the hempy buckets seem like something I could do now. I'm waffling. Maybe I'll do clones in the hempy!

Decisions decisions. ;)

K

I have learned a valuable lesson in regards to mediums though. :)

Lol, bless ya. You're someone who when it all comes together it properly comes together because you crammed so much into such a short space of time and tried so many different things. I'm normally like that which is why it was making me chuckle so much. But it's funny, with Ruby and the wee twins I'm actually loving the simplicity for once. I need to relax so I am learning how to do that with her, even before she gifts me her harvest :blushsmile:

However, yet again, everyone's grow can be what they or want it to be at that time and it can change if you need it to. Oh how I love this plant!

May The K'ster Clan remain happy and healthy

:Namaste:

Post Script - I was coming back because I forgot to reply to your comment about NLB and stretch. Unfortunately, I haven't really been able to find out much detail about that side of things with this maker and seed. It is a 100% indica so I doubt it will do anything spectacular, especially after I remember DonPaul saying the ones he had grown didn't show anything like the stretch "advertised". So I won't be too disappointed if she only gets to 2.5 - 3 ft (good and healthy), it may even be slightly less with the use of GLR/DLR. We shall see very soon :)

Thanks Fluffy ISmokes and Shizz!!

Decisions decisions. ;)

I have learned a valuable lesson in regards to mediums though. :) That is what I'll be doing different for sure! Good clean soil! #1

K

I like the way you're going with this man. I was thinking the exact same thing lol! Check out 420fied's journals. They're very helpful and inspiring when it comes down to cloning and a good hempy SOG. He has very helpful details in his journals. He does trays of clones in 2 liter soda bottles with half/half vermiculite/perlite and his grows are amazing. Very simple approach to hydroponics, still includes a lot of manual work, and I think it's a perfect intermediate between soil and completely automated hydro systems. I think I'm doing a 420fied SOG next :). Cheers buddy, I'm sure whatever we do, we'll just be happy we got bud at the end lol :grinjoint:

I like the way you're going with this man. I was thinking the exact same thing lol! Check out 420fied's journals. They're very helpful and inspiring when it comes down to cloning and a good hempy SOG. He has very helpful details in his journals. He does trays of clones in 2 liter soda bottles with half/half vermiculite/perlite and his grows are amazing. Very simple approach to hydroponics, still includes a lot of manual work, and I think it's a perfect intermediate between soil and completely automated hydro systems. I think I'm doing a 420fied SOG next :). Cheers buddy, I'm sure whatever we do, we'll just be happy we got bud at the end lol :grinjoint:

My hempy inspiration as well! Amazing how easy really. The benefits of hydro without the crash course in OG Chem or Fluid Dynamics! :rofl:

I read this thread while I was still a lurker.
How I plan to clone

Awesome!

Hmmmm......

Thinking LK may be a dude!

I'll get some pics up after I get the youngin' down for the night.

Yep, he's got balls. :)

10/7/12 - no balls
IMG_25849.JPG

10/9/12 - balls
IMG_25987.JPG

IMG_26154.JPG

So I transplanted the Keeper into the milk crate and repotted LK.
Think I have about a week before he starts dropping pollen, so I'm gonna make a little
area for him to mature in outside the growbox and gather up some pollen to fertilise a few buds with.
Some play seeds for future experimentin' hopefully. :)

In other news.......

QD before the revamp of the screen and other residents.
10/7
IMG_25866.JPG

IMG_25858.JPG

QD 10/9
IMG_26056.JPG

IMG_26044.JPG

The Keeper 10/7
IMG_25816.JPG

IMG_25838.JPG

10/9
IMG_26015.JPG

IMG_26036.JPG

The Runtlet
10/7
IMG_25826.JPG

10/9
IMG_26098.JPG

New Digs!

IMG_26149.JPG

IMG_26137.JPG

QD's Branching
IMG_26227.JPG

Well, I've hit a milestone here. My FIRST first week of flower where everyone isn't dead! :party:

Well G M'ther F'n D!!!
They've all got balls!

The Runtlet (as yet) hasn't shown sex.
Could be my saving grace. :)

Well at least I can gather some Pollen from both strains I guess. If I can figure out how to store it. :)

I do have a couple feminized seeds en route. So if all else fails. Journal #2 will be started. ;)

Sorry to hear that , that is the chance we take with regular seeds, just found out my timer isn't working so my lights have not been shutting off the past day or two , will fix that with a nee timer after work. Still have runtlet though

Back
Top Bottom