This Year's Outdoor 2012 Garden Diary - By JTG & My Wife

OK_1_001.JPG
Picture #1 a nice Orange Krush Plant, Plant #1 , My Wife is used for size comparison.
OK_1_002.JPG
A nice member of the Highland Kush Family. Plant number #1.
OK_1_003.JPG
A Red Romulan, Plant #1.
OK_1_005.JPG
Red Romulan, Plant #2.
OK_1_004.JPG
A big fruppy Hog X Orange Krush, Plant #1
OK_1_006.JPG
A pure Strain Orange Krush, Plant #2.
OK_1_007.JPG
My pure Heirloom Landrace Kush Strain, Plant #1.
OK_1_008.JPG
Another Heirloom Landrace Kush! Plant #2
OK_1_009.JPG
Heirloom Landrace Kush, Plant #3.
OK_1_010.JPG
An Orange Krush, Plant #3 of this strain this Garden
OK_1_011.JPG
Plant #11, a Highland Kush, Plant #2.
OK_1_012.JPG
Mazari Shareef, Plant #1, tallest plant in Garden!
OK_1_013.JPG
Highland Kush, Plant #3.
OK_1_014.JPG
Highland Kush, Plant #4.
OK_1_015.JPG
Highland Kush, Plant (YES) #5!
OK_1_016.JPG
Another Enormous Mazari Shareef, Plant #2(LOVE AFGHANIS!).
OK_1_017.JPG
Mazari Shareef, Plant #3.
OK_1_019.JPG
Mazari Shareef, Plant #4.
OK_1_018.JPG
Highland Kush, Plant #6.
OK_1_020.JPG
Highland Kush, another one! Plant #7.
OK_1_021.JPG
Heirloom Landrace Kush, Plant #4
OK_1_022.JPG
Heirloom Landrace Kush, Plant #5
OK_1_023.JPG
Monster of a Hog X Orange Krush, Plant #2.
OK_1_024.JPG
An even Larger Hog X Orange Krush, Plant #3.
OK_1_025.JPG
Last one of 25, An Heirloom Landrace Kush!
OK_1_028.JPG
Sativa mixed shrub Strains!
OK_1_031.JPG
My Early Flowering Buds Bunny Plant, using Her for making SEEDS FOR ME!
OK_1_034.JPG
A Buds Bunny Bud Seeded with my Heirloom Kush or Orange Krush Male Pollen.
OK_1_036.JPG
Example of how small my seeded Buds Bunny is. This is the humble beginning of this years 2012 Garden A lot of work has gone into it already. From mixing and amending the soil, I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog to start sterile, then add various things from a unique amendment I discovered years ago. A Friend of mine makes it every year and sells it by the pound. We call it Super Fert, but that is just what us locals that can get it, call it. I use Max Sea 16-16-16 and Fox Farm GROW BIG. I rotate them, one time this one, the next time that one. I never do them twice in a row. I also use SWEET for carbohydrate pickup and CAL-MAG for further strengthening of my Branches, and my Stalks, every time I fertilize. I am hoping for a nice HOT SUNNY growing season, with average temperatures around 90-100 degrees. Watering is done on a whenever it is needed bases, as is the fertilizing. My soil is so potent, that I only have to feed now(Fertilize), at this stage, because I want to. I was told by an old grower, who had been doing this for over 40yrs, that the more Light, Space, Water and Food you give them, the more they will grow. I have found this maxim to be truer advice than almost any I have earned or been given! I am going to try and take Weekly or at least Bi-Weekly Photos of the Garden, so everyone can enjoy watching the Grow, and reading my Journal on it, at least I hope people will find enough interest in this thread to read and look at it. I would like to ask people that do follow the Thread to notice how rapidly my Work Shed disappears by the growing Cannabis. It got up into the low Hundreds in the Garden today, about 109 110 degrees Fahrenheit, hottest day so far this season. I have black shade cloth laid down neatly in my Garden. Since it is black and my 100gallon containers are aligned in rows on it, it soaks up the heat that is shining on it from the Sun, that is why my Garden gets so Hot! When you are off of the shade cloth, or out of the Garden, temperatures are a lot cooler, sometimes by as much as 20 degrees in the shade, with Lemonade and Ice. This is where I try, key word is TRY here, to entice my Wife to sit and talk with me whilst I work. I really Love it when She listens and does this, but because of her Health conditions She is sometimes to sick to do this, or She can be the exact opposite and will try to come into Her/Our Garden, and try to lend a hand because She feels guilty that I do most of the work. Especially if She is getting an unusual amount of relief from Her Meds that Day. Of course I never let Her do any physical labor, but She is an adult, and I am not Her Dad, so I can only do and say so much. I am pretty bummed out because I have a good sized gaggle of extra Females to deal with, I have tried to give them away, and I gave away quite a few. I feel kind of greedy asking people to pay for something I cannot use, that is why I would just rather give them away like I have been. It now looks like the ones I have left are gonna get chopped soon. They are so beautiful and healthy, I am loathe to do it, but I know I cannot keep putting off the inevitable(SIGH!!!). We have had great weather for the past 4 days or so, and from the looks of things, that is supposed to be the norm for awhile. I will try to keep as up to date as possible on my Thread, and post pictures regularly. I hope it is enjoyed by all! THANK YOU. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Re: This Years Outdoor 2012 Garden Diary. By JTG and my Wife.

An awesome garden. I wish we all could do that.

Rock on James

Thanks for the encouragement Buckshot, IGrowGrass and pac-mon. It is all really appreciated. It would be nice to receive encouragement like this everyday(A FANTASY), but boy, wouldn't it be! The 17th was extremely HOT again, and the 18th it kinda cooled down a little, in the Garden it registered on my thermometer, topping out at 98 degrees. I watered and fertilized on the 17th and 18th. All of my Kushes, which means the Highland Kushes and my Landrace Kushes and Orange Krush, were fertilized with a 5gallon mixture of Max-Sea,Sweet and Cal-Mag. The other plants in the garden like the Red Romulans, Mazari-Shareefs and the Hog X Orange Krush, received a five gallon mixture of Fox Farm Grow Big,Sweet and Cal-Mag. Man! Because of the heat I had to do it all on separate days, that and my land lord being weird about my guaranteed water. He smokes a lot, I wish it would mellow him out, because he can be so nasty sometimes. He actually one time had the gall to tell me, that if 2012 goes down, our wives, because of their health conditions, would be a liability, and just worthless mouths to feed on a dwindling food supply. In a nice way, I think he was trying to say that the women(PEOPLE THAT CANNOT PRODUCE), would not be around long if he had anything to do about it! I'll let you draw your own conclusions from this statement, I know the one I drew, and it kinda scares the HELL out of me. I just do not see how you could talk about your wife that way if you really love Her, I know I can't. Anyways back to the plants(HOORAY) sometimes I go on rants, sorry! All of the plants did exceptionally well from their watering and fertilizing, due in no small part played by the HEAT. Some of my plants actually grew 6inches in all directions, these would be the RED ROMULANS,HOG X ORANGE KRUSH and the MAZARI-SHAREEFS. The other plants in my Family, like the LANDRACE KUSHES,HIGHLAND KUSHES and the ORANGE KRUSHES, also grew many inches, but not so much up as outward. Which is entirely the way it is supposed to be with these Strains, the same way it is supposed to be with the MAZARI-SHAREEFS,RED ROMULANS and HOG X ORANGE KRUSH. The latter named plants are by far the biggest ones in the garden at this point, and always will be height wise because of genetics. I have one Mazari-Shareef that is already about 8ft tall, love those Afghanis!!! You might have noticed my Wife hiding behind a mass of Sativas, these are some of the plants that I am getting ready to make the decision on whether to kill, or let them just keep growing in a small, I think it is a 15 or 25 Gallon container, and see what they do. All of these seeds were ordered online, and not one of them matched the criteria of the plant they were supposed to be. The Chocolate Chunks were just not chunky, I have ordered them before and received the right ones, that is how I know these are wack. They should be short and stocky, these are tall and Sativa like, same story with Da Purps and the Hog. I think the company I ordered them from just put together whatever bag seed they could find to fill my order, so who knows what the hell I really got, NOT ME!!! That is why I recommend making your own seeds, as long as you are doing it with the right frame of mind, which would be of course, to improve upon what you have gotten, or to keep a certain or well liked Strain going, so you will never have to take the chance of ordering again! Another plus on making your own seeds is that with each new generation of the same plant, they become acclimated to your Garden grow zone, and genetically know what to expect year after year. By the way pac-mon, my wife, when she can stand fully straight up and down, is about 6ft4 and full O'muscle!!! Totally just kidding, She is 5ft 8inches tall, when like I said She can stand up straight. What She will not be allowed to be seen in any of our pictures is Her walker, She is ashamed of it but should not be. Well that's a report of the last few days on our 2,700ft mountain, somewhere in the Pacific Coastal Range. BTW we also have a doggie who I think made a few guest appearances in some of our pictures, her name is Honey-Bear and we rescued her from the pound a year ago in July. She is the best Dog one could ask for AND IS A PURE PITT BULL,Half RED NOSE PIT and Half BLUE NOSE PIT, she is a Love Bug and very gentle and tolerant of Children, other People and Dogs, but she HATES CATS and is a Great Lizard Hunter and if you can believe it, a Mouse Hunter as well, and I already consider Her one of my Daughters, She is Family now. Well the next time I post with pictures, I want a week to have gone by in each set, so people can truly notice the size differences in the plants. I have a question, when I post my new pictures, will they run concurrently with the ones I have already posted, or will they be relegated to a new spot in the thread, I guess it does not matter, as long as they have the space to be seen, like the last ones I posted, I am tired, and it is 3:16am where I live. Finally feels cool enough for me to fall asleep! I think I shall try, I have insomnia real bad from my PTSD, and sometimes I just lie awake for hours, going over things in my head that I wish I could not think about when I am trying to sleep. So do not be surprised if I Log back on in a couple of hours, or maybe even just one, from the inability to sleep without Nightmares, it really, really, REALLY SUCKS!!! I bet the day I finally retire, I am gonna SMOKE ALL DAY LONG, and hopefully sleep in uninterrupted slumber for a much needed 16-24 hour rest, that is what I am looking forward to the most, some real sleep, with NO DREAMS! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that one of those damn squirrels I wrote about in another Thread or Post, pissed all over one of my Mazari-Shareefs, it did not pee that much, but enough to freak me out, as several leaves were left with the toxic substance on them, and where the pee landed, they got burned. But the plant is still doing great, and I guess the Squirrels have figured out that the fake Garden Owl is not real, even though it's head rotates this way and that due to wind. If it happens again, and I hope it does not, I might have to get my .410 Shotgun out and eliminate the problem. But I love Squirrels, and will only do this as a last resort, and yes, I will clean it and gut it and have Pan Fried Squirrel, you make just like you would Fried Chicken, I think it tastes better though. Rambling again!!! THANK YOU FOR READING WHATEVER POPS OUT OF MY HEAD! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

enjoying your ramblings James I genuinely laugh after thinking waw 6ft4 that's tall those plants are even bigger than I imagined then quickly realised how gullible I am :thumb: good one mate.looking forward to your next picture set I think if you wanted to keep them all together you would just edit your 1st post and insert them there otherwise they will just follow on from the last post in your thread.:peace:

do me a favour man if your neighbours house ever comes up for sale please let me know :hippy:

I will be posting pictures of a weeks progress in the Garden in a few days, you won't believe how much everything has EXPLODED in GROWTH!! I cannot wait to let everyone see, I am excited! Hope everyone is doing well. I also just started gathering my Pollen for the year. Five Males down so far, only two to go. I am stoked about this, as i got quite a bit of good viable Pollen from each plant, which means plenty for experimentation, and for keeping my favorites going. The Buds Bunny Plant is well and truly seeded, well on the Buds I did seed, anyways. I can see the seeds forming fairly rapidly in my estimation. Gonna shut up now, so I have much to discuss when I post the pictures. THANK YOU. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Looking forward to the pics ... the little pisser would already be in the pot! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know Buckshot, I just have an affinity for Squirrels, a cherished Family member used to sit in a chair when I was a kid, and let the Squirrels climb all over Him, and rummage through his pockets for tasties he had left there for them. All us Kids thought it was so damn cool! And once in awhile a Squirrel would let us touch it. GEEZE, I sound like a Walt Disney Movie! But if I have to, I will,deal with the Squirrels that is. So far they have done no more damage, knock on wood. I will be patient and see. Good talking. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Hey pac-mon! No more problems,KNOCK ON WOOD, from the Squirrels as of yet. Was gonna be doing the pictures today, but it was overcast out! As A matter of fact, it is one of the coolest June Days in like 50yrs! Temps did not go above 66 degrees Fahrenheit for the Day. Pretty damn strange. Maybe it has something to do with the Solar Flare activities, I just cannot figure it out, I am stumped. If it is Sunny, I will be posting the pictures tomorrow, on my Honor, as well as my usual Ramblings. Take Care! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Well here is this weeks(#2) of my Garden Diary Photos!
OK_1_0012.JPG
Orange Krush Plant Number #1.
OK_1_0022.JPG
Highlant Kush Plant #1.
OK_1_0032.JPG
Red Romulan Plant #1.
OK_1_0052.JPG
Red Romulan Plant #2.
OK_1_0042.JPG
Hog X Orange Krush Plant #1.
OK_1_0062.JPG
Orange Krush Plant #2.
OK_1_0072.JPG
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #1.
OK_1_0082.JPG
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #2.
OK_1_0092.JPG
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #3.
OK_1_0102.JPG
Orange Krush Plant #3.
OK_1_0112.JPG
Highland Kush Plant #2.
OK_1_0122.JPG
Mazari Shareef Plant #1, Tallest Plant in Garden!
OK_1_0132.JPG
Highland Kush Plant #3.
OK_1_0142.JPG
Highland Kush Plant #4.
OK_1_0152.JPG
Highland Kush Plant #5.
OK_1_0162.JPG
Highland Kush Plant #6.
OK_1_0172.JPG
Mazari Shareef Plant #2.
OK_1_0182.JPG
Highland Kush (YES) Plant #7.
OK_1_0192.JPG
Mazari Shareef Plant #3.
OK_1_0202.JPG
Mazari Shareef Plant #4.
OK_1_0212.JPG
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #4.
OK_1_0222.JPG
Hog X Orange Krush Plant #2.
OK_1_0232.JPG
Hog X Orange Krush Plant #3.
OK_1_0242.JPG
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #5.
OK_1_0252.JPG
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #6, Last of 25 MMJ Plants!!!
OK_1_0261.JPG
Seeded Buds Bunny Bud.
OK_1_0271.JPG
Buds Bunny!
OK_1_0282.JPG
Sativa Survivors! Well, this is how much everything has grown in 8 days time. As you can see, it has grown in every direction! We are so pleased. The weather this week was great, up until about two days ago, when it really cooled down. It was in the upper 90's in the garden for the first couple to three days. Then in the lower 90's for about three days, then the last couple it only topped out in the Garden into (AT BEST) the upper 70's. That was only because of the Black Shade cloth we so diligently laid down for just such a purpose. The Mazari Shareefs, especially the really tall one, have continued to garner in size and strength, just as our beloved Afghani's are wont to do! The Hog X Orange Krush Plants, which are the largest Plants in the Garden, due to sheer girth, are putting out 3 fingered leaves, which is always a good sign, as it means the genetics transferred through the Parent Plants correctly, as the Parent Hog X Orange Krush Plants also exhibited this trait. So it is good to see it continuing on in their progeny. The Red Romulans are also some of the bigger Plants in the Garden as well, and seem to be doing very well. I grew the Romulan before, and was not very impressed by them. The Red Romulan are basically from the same genetics as the Romulan, they just produce a very beautiful Fusia colored Hair. I think these are doing better than the first batch of regulars(White Hairs Only) I grew, is because they were Seed produced in this area, and have acclimated to this climate. A funny story about these Romulans is that originally they all came from the same seed stock, I just happened to pick all the regular colored hair Phenotype of the plant, and wound up giving away all the ones that were of this Phenotype. The two different colored Haired Plants were also different looking when placed side by side, so there was more to distinguish their Phenotypes than just Hair color. I LOVE this Plant, it never ceases to amaze you, I mean Marijuana in General! The Highland Kushes are really getting bushy, and steadily increasing in Height as well. The Heirloom Land Race Kushes are exhibiting their 3 seperate Phenotypes very nicely. One Pheno gets a little Taller and usually is more Grape smelling. The second Pheno is a little shorter, but still produces some height in the end, and has a very Sweet Sandalwood Flavor. The last or Third Pheno is very short and produces a Super Kola, this one is very Earthy tasting, it is hard to believe they all come from the same Seed Stock, but they all do. And last but not least, I will talk about the Orange Krush, they are growing into their usual stout selves. They never disappoint, always producing exceptional quality chunky Plants and Buds. They smell like citrus too, one of my favorite strains to grow. It never ceases to amaze Me all the different Smells, Flavors and Taste that this Plant exhibits. I have had no problems with the Squirrels for a little while, I hope this is the norm from now on out. I think they are either Mating, and or having territorial disputes amongst themselves. Maybe they are just playing, Hell I do not know! As long as they stay away from the Girlies, I really do not care what they do! My Owl on a stick is now only being used like once every other day or so. I am hoping to make them forget that it was not real, and still deploy it around the Garden every other Day in a different spot. I have noticed that the Birds seem to accumulate when it is not around though. Birds can be as big a problem as the Squirrels, they break branches, and when the Garden is in full swing, they are all over the place. Oh well, one problem at a time. Well this is this weeks Photo update. I hope everything prints out right when I hit the send button. The first 25 pictures are of the plants, and are numbered according to the amount of that Strain in the Garden, which I am sure you all have figured out, it is just my compulsiveness that makes Me say this, not my lack of faith in who ever reads this ability to think.:Rasta: I had one Hell of a time uploading this missive this time. I had to re-load all the picture to my Gallery twice, because I forgot to have them turned correctly on the first up-load. Then Honey-Bear(MY DOG/CHILD), got sick and Barfed all over the Kitchen Floor, I of course got to clean this up, as per norm around here. Anyways, I hope this is enjoyed. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Hey bro! Thanks for checking out my grows. I guess like the rest of the epic grows that have been journaled on here your not going to reveal harvest weight in the end? I do understand why at this scale of grow to keep that info confidential. But would be cool to know what its like to be in a wicked dream. WH +reps!

nice plants man the hog X orange kush 3 & 4 are beautiful it amazes me how big they can grow when they are out doors.your garden must smell out this world.it somewhat amused me that you think upper 70's is cool we are luck to get 2 days a year with such high temps :laughtwo: I do realise you want it hot as possible for your garden to reach full potential.when do you think the buds will start forming? :peace:

Well James

I want to be on your crew :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well here is this weeks(#2) of my Garden Diary Photos!-

OK_1_0012.JPG
-
Orange Krush Plant Number #1.-

OK_1_0022.JPG

Highlant Kush Plant #1.-

OK_1_0032.JPG

Red Romulan Plant #1.-

OK_1_0052.JPG
-
Red Romulan Plant #2.-

OK_1_0042.JPG

Hog X Orange Krush Plant #1.-

OK_1_0062.JPG
-
Orange Krush Plant #2.-

OK_1_0072.JPG
-
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #1.-

OK_1_0082.JPG
-
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #2.-

OK_1_0092.JPG
-
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #3.-

OK_1_0102.JPG
-
Orange Krush Plant #3.-

OK_1_0112.JPG
-
Highland Kush Plant #2.-

OK_1_0122.JPG
-
Mazari Shareef Plant #1, Tallest Plant in Garden!-

OK_1_0132.JPG
-
Highland Kush Plant #3.-

OK_1_0142.JPG
-
Highland Kush Plant #4.-

OK_1_0152.JPG
-
Highland Kush Plant #5.-

OK_1_0162.JPG
-
Highland Kush Plant #6.-

OK_1_0172.JPG
-
Mazari Shareef Plant #2.-

OK_1_0182.JPG
-
Highland Kush (YES) Plant #7.-

OK_1_0192.JPG
-
Mazari Shareef Plant #3.-

OK_1_0202.JPG
-
Mazari Shareef Plant #4.-

OK_1_0212.JPG
-
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #4.-

OK_1_0222.JPG
-
Hog X Orange Krush Plant #2.-

OK_1_0232.JPG
-
Hog X Orange Krush Plant #3.-

OK_1_0242.JPG
-
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #5.-

OK_1_0252.JPG
-
Heirloom Land Race Kush Plant #6, Last of 25 MMJ Plants!!!-

OK_1_0261.JPG
-
Seeded Buds Bunny Bud.-

OK_1_0271.JPG
-
Buds Bunny!-

OK_1_0282.JPG
-
Sativa Survivors! -

quoted for sheer awesomeness​

great read James. i will be following , Wish we could do an outdoor grow. Ours has to be locked and enclosed. So a greenhouse is the only way outside right now. But i never thought i would be able to do that. Great pictures john

Wow pac-mon, that is how I wish I could up-load my pictures, along with their accompanying picture titles. The longer I am on here, I hope the more accomplished Poster I become. Buckshot, I am predisposed to saying that YES I would enjoy your company on the Crew, just by the way you write and talk, I believe we would probably get along. In fact I am sure of it! I just do not know how the rest of the Crew would feel about it. But since there are only two chiefs in this tribe(ME&WIFEY), they would have to learn to accept it, or move on. But since they are Family, I know they would not move along, They all have their Uncle,Aunts,Cousins and IN-Laws back. They might want to put you on all the toughest jobs though, as that is how the low man on the totem pole usually gets treated for awhile. Just like in the Military. john235, be happy, as I know you are, that you can at least do it in a Green House! And thank you for following my Thread, it makes all the typing and correcting of the mistakes worthwhile, so thank you Sir! Today has been another COOL day, got up to 65 degrees, another record or close to record low for the Month of June. I am beginning to get scared that it will be like this all Summer long. It is 2012 after all, and if those Mayans were right, strange things, like record low temps and highs would be taking place, in the screwy weather category. I remember Y2K, and thought what a crock. With this 2012 thing, I have a whole new appreciation to the words END OF THE WORLD, or Civilization coming to an end. The Mayan Long Count Calendar, is nearly as accurate as the Atomic Clock. Plus there are other religions around the world that point to this time period as the most important since we came out of the Hunter Gatherer Societies. Does no one find it strange that we went from dressing in Animal Skins and living from hither to thither and yon, to Pyramids, Crops with their own irrigation, Language, Math, learning to smelt metals, etc etc etc. Call me crazy if you want to, but I believe that Gods(NOT GOD) were ET's, that taught us much of what we have learned in the distant past. It just does not make any sense that we went from Cavemen to highly advanced and structured societies in such a short period of time. We had to of had help from somewhere. And I think it came from Extraterrestrials, who probably came to our planet, took pity on us, and or needed workers(SLAVES) to run whatever mining or farming or building that needed to be done, and advanced our DNA so we could co-exist. We would be their Slaves and unfortunately for us, they would be our Gods. Most creation Myths from around the Planet Parallel one another, Beings come from the Heavens, and if you study at all, you should know the rest. Well, that is my beliefs on this subject. My Wife says I think too much about it. Maybe I do, I just am not satisfied with Mainstreams Science answer to these Questions. In my opinion they are being lazy, and do not want their accepted norms to be challenged, even if they are wrong. To me, this is not GOOD Science, but a cop out. Things need to be looked at again and again, that is how the best Scientific work is done. Well enough of the 2012 rant! If it does not heat up soon, my once weekly Thread Photo Ensemble, may become a Bi-weekly Thread, and I do not want that! Did anyone notice in the Sativa Survivors picture, that my Wife is behind them, you just cannot hardly see Her! All that in 8 days is pretty miraculous. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Back
Top Bottom