Timmy Haha's First DWC C4 Auto Grow Journal - 2016

Did someone ask for pics? Haha. Well I happen to have some.

I'm really worried about the leaf discoloration I'm getting now. In just two days, it's almost killed the two leaves I mentioned in my post on Sunday. From just the tips, I now have this:

Day_29_pics_020.JPG

and

Day_29_pics_021.JPG

I just completed a water change and the pH is set at 5.6. I lowered the nutes to 612 PPM. I ordered some cal/mag from Amazon yesterday and it should get here tomorrow. When I get it, I'll add some along with some pH fresh water and shoot for a pH of 5.6-5.7. I'm a bit more worried than I was a couple of days ago because I'm also seeing one of the newer fan leaves starting to turn, so I hope I'm catching this in time.

I might be crazy, but it also looks like growth has stalled for the last two days. Here are the latest pics:

Day_29_pics_005.JPG

Day_29_pics_011.JPG

Day_29_pics_018.JPG

Day_29_pics_019.JPG

My only other update is that I started germinating my Super Lemon Haze Auto last night. I'll be putting it in a wet paper towel between two plates over night and hopefully see a tap root tomorrow. Then it'll be time to get out the rapid rooter plugs and seed tray to start my second grow! Woohoo!

If anyone has other suggestions on what's wrong with my girl, I'd love to hear them! Thanks for reading folks!

:Namaste:

Hey there Timmy!

I just got all caught up with your journal. First welcome to the community! Your doing a great job with your first plant! I live near mass as well. It's always nice to talk to someone local.

What your seeing there is a cal/mag deficiency. You can go to your local hydro store and pick up a bottle of cal/mag to fix your issue.

Feel free to stop by my journal. I've been doing dwc for a few yrs now.

Also in my signature there is a plant abuse chart that can help you out!

Hey there Timmy!

I just got all caught up with your journal. First welcome to the community! Your doing a great job with your first plant! I live near mass as well. It's always nice to talk to someone local.

What your seeing there is a cal/mag deficiency. You can go to your local hydro store and pick up a bottle of cal/mag to fix your issue.

Feel free to stop by my journal. I've been doing dwc for a few yrs now.

Also in my signature there is a plant abuse chart that can help you out!

You care if I come check it out ;) I've been letting Timmy be my guinea pig for dwc...:laughtwo: I'ts kinda like having a virtual grow :bong::bong:......I'ts good to see that i'm learning....I was actually right when I said cal/mag :thumb:

Looking good Timmy, Keep on doing the good work and we can smoke our first home grown online together......kinda of a first grow male bonding smoke out thing :passitleft: Not creepy at all...:laughtwo:.....well at least no worse than you talking about patty's flower......dam perv :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:circle-of-love:

Hahaha. You guys are too funny!

:high-five:

So the consensus seems to be a cal-mag deficiency. I hope that's it. I got the cal-mag delivered today and gave the first dose (2 tsp directly into the reservoir containing 2 gallons). Is it OK to add it directly into the reservoir containing nutrients or should I be using only plain water with the cal-mag?

I hope this works because the discoloration is spreading to more leaves now. I'm getting worried....

I have 3 strains going on right now.

Swiss Cheese Auto week 7 flower (almost harvest)
Raspberry Cough week 1 flower
and Papaya week 3 veg.

Oh please don't look at those 1st journals they are from 2yrs ago and the plants could have been better... lol... I need to take those off my signature... I keep them there for my reference but I should probably move those to my blog instead. Look at the current journal and pay no mind to the old journals behind the cloud of smoke.

Hahaha. You guys are too funny!

:high-five:

So the consensus seems to be a cal-mag deficiency. I hope that's it. I got the cal-mag delivered today and gave the first dose (2 tsp directly into the reservoir containing 2 gallons). Is it OK to add it directly into the reservoir containing nutrients or should I be using only plain water with the cal-mag?

I hope this works because the discoloration is spreading to more leaves now. I'm getting worried....

Your girls looking good tho! Outside of that, which I'm sure you'll have under control in the coming days. About how tall is baby Ruth now?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Your girls looking good tho! Outside of that, which I'm sure you'll have under control in the coming days. About how tall is baby Ruth now?

Haha...Baby Ruth is barely just 6" tall right now. She'd be taller but I've trained her sideways. Unfortunately, though, all growth seems to have come to a screeching halt and the leaf damage is spreading....

Day_31_pics_003.JPG

Day_31_pics_001.JPG

Day_31_pics_002.JPG

I added the 2tsp of cal-mag yesterday, so I was kind of hoping I wouldn't see any new damage today, but it's occurring further up the stem now. I don't know what to do....

At least the inter-nodal growth isn't dying back -

Day_31_pics_014.JPG

Day_31_pics_005.JPG

Day_31_pics_017.JPG

It all just seems to have stalled for the last three days though. It's disappointing because, being an auto, I'm losing all the prime growth that's supposed to be occurring now. This means if I get anything at all, it will probably be a very, very small yield. Bummer.
:rolleyes3

Good thing I've started germinating my Super Lemon Haze auto already. :wood:

DAY 31 UPDATE

If you read my previous post to this one, you'll know I'm dealing with some nutrient problem, but I have no idea what. I've received so much conflicting feedback from different people it's hard to know what to do. I finally settled on addressing it as a cal-mag problem, so I added a first dose of cal-mag to the reservoir yesterday. I was hoping that I wouldn't see any new leaf problems after adding the cal-mag, but it spread overnight and now a number of leaf tips are starting to turn yellow.

Here are the latest readings:
  • pH: 5.7
  • PPM: 802
  • H2O Temp: 72.3
  • RH: 47
  • Air temp: 81.2 F
  • Light distance: 21" (Mars 600W LED)

I did a water change yesterday and lowered the nutes from the previous week. Here's the current nutrient mix in the reservoir (General Hydroponics Flora Series, measuring for 2 gallons):
  • Flora Micro: 7.5ml
  • Flora Gro: 10ml
  • Flora Bloom: 2.5ml
  • RapidStart Root Enhancer: 2.5ml
  • Floraliscious Plus: 1ml
  • Cal-Mag: 10ml

That's about all I have to report. I'm a bit depressed at what's going on, since I've been so diligent about monitoring and following the proper feeding chart, etc. Let's hope she pulls through though....

Here's a final look at her tonight. If it weren't for the leaf damage spreading, I'd feel good about her otherwise:

Day_31_pics_004.JPG

Have a good night peeps! Thanks for continuing to follow my journey, with all its ups and downs.

:tokin:

Even if it's just a toke, think of how exciting and amazing it'll be! She'll rebound brother!

Did you post this pic in the auto thread?

Hope its cal mag and u see improvement soon.....hopefully someone can give you another fix.

Did you post this pic in the auto thread?

Hope its cal mag and u see improvement soon.....hopefully someone can give you another fix.

I posted to a few threads, bckush, when it was just the first leaf turning. I got a few responses of it being too much N, too little N, Potassium lockout, pH too low, pH too high, etc. I got charts of nutrient lockouts, links to diagnose leaf problems, links to pictures of leaf problems, and everything in between. But no one who can tell me for sure what's happening.

I'll try posting some of the close-ups showing the most damage and maybe I'll get more responses. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom