Tony Sussan's Sealed Sea Of Green!

so this young mexican boy wants to cross the border to the US.
he wants do do the right thing and make it all leagal so he goes to the Immagration Dept. and applies for a work card.
The man behind the desk looks at his paperwork. he smiles and tells the guy that "all is in order now you hvae to take this test of the english language." The young mexican lad tells him "ok what do I need to do?"
The guy from the office tells him " ok use these three words in a sentance and you get your card. the first word is green the next is pink and finaly yellow."
the young mexican boy scratches his head for a moment:hmmmm: and says"OK I have it, when the phone goes green green I will pink it up and go Yellow:)

After lurking a minute, had to sub so I can see how the Rejects turn out for you... Tho I'd be happy to have grown "rejects" like that! :bravo:

Tony that was a great post about CO2 on the previous page... Not only very diplomatic (weed growers sure are an opinionated bunch! ), but your comment about ethylene sparked my interest (pun intended). Did some google research... Have you guys seen the ethylene generatora they are using for fruit ripening? Crazy ideas form in my head when I learn stuff! :scratchinghead:

After lurking a minute, had to sub so I can see how the Rejects turn out for you... Tho I'd be happy to have grown "rejects" like that! :bravo:

Tony that was a great post about CO2 on the previous page... Not only very diplomatic (weed growers sure are an opinionated bunch! ), but your comment about ethylene sparked my interest (pun intended). Did some google research... Have you guys seen the ethylene generatora they are using for fruit ripening? Crazy ideas form in my head when I learn stuff! :scratchinghead:

Hey Tom,
Nice of you to drop in mate! Stay subbed for the rest of the grow not just the rejects! :;):
Yeah the co2 debate was really enjoyable for everyone i think! Gonna look into that ethylene generator now :thumb:

I m reading this journal (last 2-3 days) from the first page, can't understand how I missed it , from the very beginning !!! lol
I have no words to say tony, your work is awesome buddy ! First I really like your job on the sealed room , it was something I didn't know and im talking about CEA principles ! Thank you for the good reading you gave bud, I'm really interest on this , as I ll grow with LEDS, co2 ..

I really like your room/set up ... I ll be watching your grow buddy
Well done

Very very well done tony.
Can't wait to see you cram jam that room!
reps @ cha brother..
:thumb:

OH man you guys are all too kind! Glad some of you guys are getting interested in whats going on. I am on a bit of a mission to try show that LED lighting can produce the goods if basic principles and good conditions are met. In some ways i believe they are a little less forgiving than HID but i think my plants are certainly looking the goods at the moment!

Once again dont hesitate to ask questions or give advice! :peace:

OH man you guys are all too kind! Glad some of you guys are getting interested in whats going on. I am on a bit of a mission to try show that LED lighting can produce the goods if basic principles and good conditions are met. In some ways i believe they are a little less forgiving than HID but i think my plants are certainly looking the goods at the moment!

Once again dont hesitate to ask questions or give advice! :peace:

Hmmm, what you mean tony by saying "are little less forgiving" ? It's because they produce less heat, less evaporation of water and eventually , less nutes usage for example ?
What do I have to expect ? (that I haven't though about it yet ? ... lol)
I ll be very glad if you can explain this little further ..

Hmmm, what you mean tony by saying "are little less forgiving" ? It's because they produce less heat, less evaporation of water and eventually , less nutes usage for example ?
What do I have to expect ? (that I haven't though about it yet ? ... lol)
I ll be very glad if you can explain this little further ..

Yep you pretty much hit the nail on the head there mate! But its not really as simple as that either. In my opinion, and i am sure that Jon705 will back me here, LED's perform at there best in a sealed room type situation. This in itself presents a whole new set of issues to look at. Dehumidifier, CO2 injection, aircon/minisplit which are all really needed to grow in a sealed environment. But once its dialled in BOY oh BOY does it work well. When i say HID is more forgiving is that because the lamps produce heat you need to vent your space which basically takes care of your temps, humidity and your co2 issue all in one hit. The thing about using less nutes does not really hold true in my experience. My plants need watering every second day without fail! This means they are drawing water and due to co2 and good environment are also growing rapidly and using the food provided. Without this setup you may only water every 3 or 4 days due to lower transpiration which means you are also providing less food and by default less growth.

I think that makes sense!
And dont forget this is simply my experience/opinion!
If anyone has anything to add please do. When i first started to grow using sealed rooms there was very little info available so i am really happy for you guys to shoot questions away or use this journal as a place to discuss this furthur!

:peace:

Tony

yep I agree with you 100% Tony,I have 10 plants in my system and they use 5 gallons a day right now.A sealed room is definetly the way to go imo,yes it cost more money to set up as you mentioned, but once it is you have complete control of your enviroment and can set and maintain a constant temp/rh....well its a beautiful thing:)Using led's in a sealed room makes it that much easier and cheaper to keep everthing where it needs to be.they let off alot less heat and room temps should be around 85 degrees so you dont need anywhere near as much a/c. I find that my co2 lasts alot longer as well and im using exactly half the nutes I did with hps. just off the top of my head I would say im saving per round,$200 on nutes, $810 on hydro from the lights, $200 in hydro from usingalot less a/c and around a $100 on co2.thats $1310 a round im saving! sure led's are big time expensive, sure they take some getting used to, but once you get it all dialed in the results speak for themselves. I cant thank you enough for turning me on to sealed rooms bro, now that ive had some time to dial everything in I can honestly say that I ll never go back to a vented room again:)

OH man you guys are all too kind! Glad some of you guys are getting interested in whats going on. :peace:

I cant thank you enough for turning me on to sealed rooms bro, now that ive had some time to dial everything in I can honestly say that I ll never go back to a vented room again:)

Reading your 2 journals as you set up ‘ideal’ herb farms has been a pleasure and somewhat of a privilege to us Micro growers. Tremendous stuff Gents!:high-five::allgood::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom