ToroToro - Sweek Skunk Auto LST Balcony/Tent Sun/LED 2023

TorroTorro

420 Member
Hello good people!

This is my first growlog on this nice forum, stumbled across it yesterday and made an account.
My grow project is somewhat 50% done already this round over but I will fill you in from the start regardless and continue from there, I expect the plant has about 4½ week to go before I chop it.

Some basic stats to get going:

Bucket Size - 12 Liter
Medium - 100% allround crop soil from the local.
Lights - Sun when applicable, else 1x10 watt LED bulb and 1x15 watt LED bulb
Light amount - 24/7
Nutrients - NPK mix from the local super market
Strain(s) - Royal Queen Seeds - Sweet Skunk AUTO
# of Plants: 1
Yield : Pending

-----------------------------

Strategy from the start was and still is as following.

- 24 hours light at all times, from seed was put into the soil till 2 days before I chop it
- Very sparse watering, preferably dryish over moist
- No holes for drain in the bucket, so I don't need a cup under it as I move it around a lot
- Focus from week 1 to LST the plant into my own home made way of training plants, I always do it like this.
- Focus is to get as many bud sites exposed directly to the light source as possible at all times. So lost of LST and tucking leafs daily
- Only feed plant occasionally, and only with PK and NPK from the local supermarket, I am not interested in feeding it 40000 different things.
- I move the plant around a lot, so from tent to a window to the balcony, daily, I just save on the tent time whenever I can, tent is last resort, the sun is primary driver when its nice weather.
- I use Salt in the grow room to keep humidity down
- I use compression in the tent, so it sucks in air, from a tube and up through a carbon filter through a fan and to the outside again to reduce odor to 0 while also making sure the air gets swapped out completely often, I have a fan in there as well to create some turbulence.
-----------------------------

This first thread post will contain images up to this point, so from germination to week 7 and then I will just post, I usually do a main post every Saturday, but I could do some during week as well.

Germination:

Seed was put into the soil on a Wednesday it came up on the Saturday same week so after 3 days, this is what it looked like on day 1.

germ.jpg

Week 1:

- Plant started to take off, it is reciving light 24 hours a day, in the start it is just standing under 1 single LED bulp all day around.
It got a bit of heat stress, I assume, so only 1 main leaf came out but the next nodes came out fine. I may have had the light bulb a bit too close to the plant, it did also start to curl a bit, so I rose it a bit and it came out fine.
- Ultra sparse watering, only a mister and only very little, no soaking jungle swamp mode at all.

1.jpg

Week 2:

- Plant growing on day 14 after it sprouted, you can see I already started to train it with 1 aim in mind, use my own training method developed over years to keep the plant flat at all times, and guide the side branches out horizontally. I use soft wrapped wires and Grill pins in the soil to control the plant for now.
- Still very very light watering and no feeding at all. 24/7 light since start, still under just 1 LED 10 watt bulb.
- The plant shows a bit of deficiency, rust marks but I ignore them as the problem will contain it self over time when I start to feed it.

2.jpg

Week 3:

- Plant is taking growing nicely, still only use a mister for water, and still only use a 10 watt light bulb 24/7.
- You can already see how focused I am on my LST here, not a single branch is untouched, I plan carefully according to my homebuild LST method, I developed over years. Its always the same procedure, I end up with 12 main side branches.

3.jpg

Week 4:

- Plant is now starting to take off, much faster growth, 4-5 nodes on the main at this point with side nodes on them.
- I constantly train each branch to be horizontal, and added my "patented" LOL - just my own way of doing it the smartest really - frame around the bucket with bamboo sticks, so branches can be tied down when they start to grow beyond the bucket edge.
- This week is the first week I gave the plant a NPK booster, I just added 2 lids filled with juice, to 2 buckets of watering.
- Plant is also picking up on water demands its drinking 3 cl a day or so.

4.jpg

Week 5:

- Plant keeps chugging along, I add NPK to the water every 3rd day at this point, its drinking around a liter a day at this point.
- Continously working on LST at this point, some tucking started to be needed
- Very light defoliage in this week, took away 20-30 leafs from the bottom
- Images of my grow room in this week, I normally take it out from night time to a window in the kitchen, and migrate it to the balcony around noon, then back into the tent, provided weather is OK, else it stays in tent and window.

5b.jpg

Week 6:

- Started to count exposed bud site, this week I was up on 64 sites exposed.
- My goal from now on to chop is constantly LST all branches down within the frame, with wire, attaching it to the bamboo frame.
- NPK every 3rd day or so, I water it in generally every second day, now with 1-2 liters pr day.
- This is also the first week I started to give it a lid full of PK 13/14. Just to get it started since preflowers has started to show.

6a.jpg

Week 7:

- Plant is now drinking up to 3 liters of water pr day, depending on sun amount on balcony. I put it in the tent rather dry each evening, I dont want to flood the tent with a swamp soil, the plant also likes dry soil a lot, good for oxygen intake.
- I keep spending time LST branches down, bending bud sites out to expose more bud sites directly to the light source.
- You can see on image 2 how flat the plant is looking at it from the side.
- I included first macro of a preflower, trichomes are starting to appear.
- There is at this point about 86 tops exposed directly to the light source, and I will keep LST and continue to lie down branches expose more sites to the light directly in the last 4 weeks all the way up to chopping plant down.

7a.jpg

7b.jpg

7d.jpg

---------------------------

So and that is it, for my first post!

Plant is a couple of days away from being 8 weeks old, I have spend a lot of time this week LST branches down, so I think next update on Saturday the plant will have over 100 bud sites exposed directly to the light source.

Have a nice day!

Ill be back on Saturday with week 8 updates.

Thanks Roy! :)

I also spend most time on the training part, 10 min each day or so.

Figured I would show todays upgrade in my reply to you.

- Added a 2 kilo moist salt bag just above the 2 10 watt and 15 watt light bulbs in the tent when it gets light at night time.

I didnt actually expect it to do anything, and this morning when I came to it, I just had it standing on the floor in the room, the salt was hard and it was dripping water out on the floor. So very impressed by the effect.

Today I hung the salt bag up over the bulbs, and hung a foil tray beneath it I will drain when needed, it is already filling up as we speak.

The Humidity was at 45% when I just opened tent, it was at 58% this morning, rose 2% while putting lights on and taking a photo or 2.

It is deffo working, shocked over how much water is drained from the air in just 30 minutes.

Contemplating putting dried grass over the soil in the bucket to reduce vaprizing moist when it is in the tent.
I actually think I will go to a field right now and pluck some grass and let it dry on the balcony.

1 (4).jpg

2.jpg

Welcome to 420mag mate :welcome: that's a nice lady you got there, well trained and looking good 👌🏽 hopefully start seeing those buds fattening nuo soon 😁✌🏽

Thanks a lot for the welcome guys!
So week 8 is a wrap and it's time for my weekly main update.

What have I done this week?
  • Defoliage large unused leafs in the bottom of the plant to improve air flow ( 50 leafs or so )
  • LST 5 branches down to the canopy ceeling to make it flatter and more uniform
  • Watered 3 timers with 2 liters of water, 2 of the times I added NPK and PK boost, just a lid of each
  • Test smoked a bud and it was absolutely lovely despite it was pure clear trichomes, very speedy feeling
  • Exposed 60 more tops directly to the sun, last week the plant had about 86 tops exposed, this week it has 146.
The Salt bag have been running busy, I am impressed how much water it has gathered up and I almost had an overrunning of the cup the water falls into this night. I do also have the in-suction on the carbon filter sitting at a window, and it has been raining, so the hygrometer also showed moist levels in the 50% area. As soon as I decouple inflow from window and just use room air, it drops to 37% - 40% in the grow cabin with all doors closed and underpreasure in cabin. So it will be fine I think.

Else there really isn't much to do currently, I need to LST some more to expose more sites directly to the light, now that there is 4 weeks or so till it gets choped, now is lastish chance to make big changes, and from then it's just going to be defoliage things I can tuck away, so the whole LST session is nearing a conclusion.

For now I just focus on keeping the bucket rather light and dry between waterings, like almost completely empty, running on fumes, I like dry soil, and I have zero pest or leaf illnesses due to that, so that's nice.

Here are some images I took a bit earlier after 8 weeks of seed hatching.

ccc.gif

146 tops currently exposed directly to the sun, last week it was 86. So added 60 tops this week or so.

2.jpg

Look at the uniformity and flatness of the canopy of the plant.

3.jpg

A random bud site near edge that hasn't been laid down for a couple of weeks ( they start to crawl up vertically when I don't lay them down, I don't like that, but the tent size makes it a bit more difficult due to natural area constraints. So it is what it is, and they do also look ok like this. It's just something I like to avoid in general. Better that the flowers sits next to each other. Much better airflow and flowers gets much more individual direct light.

1.jpg

Trichomes starting to develop on leafs and there is a bit of flower development on sites here and there, but nothing really big yet, the next 2 weeks will be flower development and the last 2 hardening them up.

I think that was it for this week 8 update, plant it performing nice, it's easy to get going and so far it looks like it has been driven up to produce a nice bucket of flowers, I did what I could to make sure as many bud sites are constantly hugging the sun as possible. We will see how it matures over the next 2 weeks, the runup to this point has been somewhat optimal and no issues.

The bud I tested yesterday evening, well I got smoking rules.

I am only allowed to smoke what adds up to 1 joint on any given Friday, if I made 10% wealth increase or more, trading stocks the previous 5 days in the week.

I am only allowed to smoke what adds up to 1 joint on any given Saturday, if I made 20% wealth increase or more, trading stocks the previous 5 days in the week.

-------------------

Since I KILLED it last week and week before ( up over 70% wealth increase ) with 38% this last week 26. I took the liberty to taste some yesterday, Saturday.

I will potentially never smoke again, if I never manage to make 10% equity gain over 5 days. However highly unlikely since I know what I am doing ( day trader ) So I go for 10% the next 5 trading sessions, so I can do another tester on next Friday, else I will have to want and see if the week after gets over 10%.

So, and this is my smoking frame work, this means I can maximum smoke what measures to 2 joints, pr week, and only Friday and Saturday.

I have tried to be the guy that smoked double as much as the guy that thought he was the one that smoked the most, Im not going there again :)

@Trala I use a diaper so if I have to go, I just sit at the table and let it go, also the backdoor. Chokolate cake style.
My caretaker usually brings out the transportable change table and I get to lie down on the back and get a new diaper on if I make a stack of brownies.

So and that is why I never go and have a pick on doors, I just go when I need it.

Hope that clears things up.

@Trala I use a diaper so if I have to go, I just sit at the table and let it go, also the backdoor. Chokolate cake style.
My caretaker usually brings out the transportable change table and I get to lie down on the back and get a new diaper on if I make a stack of brownies.

L O L L I N G !

My old incontinent nan used to say “it’s all clean air and comfort till your pants make a stack of brownies…”
So and that is why I never go and have a pick on doors, I just go when I need it.
Point taken.
Hope that clears things up.
Not really.

Let’s try again.

If you had to tick a box, which one would you tick?

Male
Female
Non binary

@Trala
There is probably a lot of girls around, just not so many mingle.
When I went to buy some gear down at the local shop, there were 2 girls in line in front of me, no males, and I went to the back room and saw the order table and first 2 notes were some goods that had to be shipped to 2 girls, grow tent related material.

So, there is that.

@Trala
There is probably a lot of girls around, just not so many mingle.
Not in here there’s not. Look 100:1 is a reach. I’d say it’s more 25:1. And most of them mingle… just not with me.

L O L L I N G !
When I went to buy some gear down at the local shop, there were 2 girls in line in front of me, no males, and I went to the back room and saw the order table and first 2 notes were some goods that had to be shipped to 2 girls, grow tent related material.

So, there is that.
Yeah nah, they defs grow. Most of the lady growers in here grow absolutely killer weed.

Back
Top Bottom