Totally New To This - First Grow - Soil - CFL - Indoor - Big Bud & Mystery Seeds

re: "Totally new to this" First grow - Soil/CFL/Indoor/BigBud & mystery seeds

For optimal odor control have the exhaust fan pull air through the carbon. Place the carbon inside the tent hanging on top to pull heat and clean the air at the same time.

Like this:

tent_0011.JPG

Here's the two survivors at 11 days. They're keeping very, very low, I had to flip the leaves out over the top of the cup. Do I maybe want my CFL's a bit farther away to get some more vertical growth?
day11a.jpg

I've planted some of the "free" seeds I got when I ordered online. I used paper towel method, and had lots of tap roots :yahoo: (originally planted directly in soil) live and learn. So these two should have some friends soon, although I won't know what species they are.

I haven't done any nutes yet, and the soil is organic so I'm pretty sure I'm not nute burning. I was careful to not over-water (had a dry cup of dirt to compare weight to). Might it be root bound problem? When I re-potted, roots kind of ran a circle around the bottom of the cup, but weren't particularly thick on the sides other than the bottom. Well, if thats what it was, it's in a new 3 gallon bucket anyway.

transplant8.jpg

I have a pic of some bad juju on some leaves on one

My wembley has the exact same thing! a bit worse tho. i know it cant be nute burn because i have not fed them yet.

i have watered them a couple of times since repotting and the water has gone on the leaves.

1st water was tap water
2nd water was tap water with a special chemical for fish tanks that strip out chlorine and heavy elements (will photo this stuff later as im unsure if its good or bad for plants(might kill good metals))
3rd water was rain water (first rainfall here in ages)

i do plan on using rain water as much as possible for these as i hear its the best you can do.

im wondering if those leaves are meant to die as they are not true leaves and have served their purpose.

i will be posting to my journal today..i think my new seeds are now 14 days old. (messed up the timing a little bit by my first one dying and planting these ahead of schedule.

The other large one has 1 tip that turned brown :(

badtip.jpg

But other than that, seems to be doing well. I transplanted 2 of my newer unknown seeds to hopefully avert similar issues, if it is a root-bound problem. I also applied nutes for the first time, to the two large ones, so if they have a deficiency that should be remedied as well.

Re: "Totally new to this" First grow - Soil/CFL/Indoor/BigBud & mystery seeds

Looking very good, there gna be thick bushy plants I'm sure! Have u got any kind of air movement going on in there? Although ur only using cfl bulbs plants love a bit of co2 :). Keep up the work and happy growing.

Hows curly doing! Is she still living:laughtwo:

I've got a couple of questions for anybody willing to answer. First one - I am starting to lose branches/sets of leaves off the bottom of plants. They get get uniformaly brown (as opposed to the tips) and fall off. Or, I am able to gently pull them off very easily. In the following photo, along with my harry ass'd knee, you can see one set of leaves that have started to show this problem. Is this something that can happen from underwriting? I accidentally waited 6 days to water, whereas I had been doing it every 4. The other thing I think it could be is ph issues, I have used "evaporated" tap water the whole time, other than seeding stage I used distilled water. I plan to get some vinegar at the store and add just a bit to lower the ph for my next watering tonight.
bad8.jpg

My other question is probably a good problem to have. How do you do LST when the plant has a damn tree trunk that doesn't bend? And what about maturity, It is my understanding that as it nears flowering maturity, it'll start alternating branches. This one still has branches coming off in pairs and it's closet to two months old.
stem6.jpg

Anybody got any tips? My ph meeter came in the mail today (this one), however I didn't order any calibration solution so I have to trust that it'll work out of the box. Should distilled water be right at 7? Tap water is 8.3 (going off memory). I watered today with two caps (aprox 2 teaspoons) of vinegar per gallon which brought the tap water down to 6.8 which should be pretty good, no?

1667184516858.png

Back
Top Bottom