Totally New To This - First Grow - Soil - CFL - Indoor - Big Bud & Mystery Seeds

no
lol just kidding.

you need to check the run off water, or the soil PH to know what PH water to use. im using PH 4 water and i still cant get my damn soil below ph7!

your root system needs to live at around PH6 in soil, if like me you have soil that is too buffered, trying to correct with too much acid could burn the roots, we are supposed to mix in some sawdust or other additives to make the soil close to what we want it and then only need very small alterations with Ph down/up.

on a side note, it seems that PH down is a good source of P and PH up is a good source of K.

wonder if you mix the two, is the salt too toxic for our plants.

imagine only needing to give it those 2 bottles and maybe a couple of syringes of your own blood....i need to research more.

I've looked at a lot of examples, and I think it might be phosphorus deficiency? I'm using some ferts that are 24-8-16, dulled by half over what it quotes for indoor potted plants, so maybe I'll try switching to something with higher "P"? I took a ph reading of water flushed through was at 8, which is about what my water was before figuring out I needed to balance it. So that's not too bad, is it?

DSC0011610.JPG

DSC0011714.JPG

ph of 8?! way too high man! need to get that down to 5.8-6.7 somewhere around that for soil. At a high ph like that they can not take in any nutes and will show deficiency(which is what its doing now. I would flush it with water of 6.5 ph until runoff is 6.5

I'm trying to look for signs of male vs female, and I've done lots of web research, but I am still doubtful that I'll be able to identify mine very well. So I snapped a bunch of photos so yall can help me out! Except many turned out blurry, so I'll retake those tomorrow.

When things like these show up, I can't tell if they are new leaf chutes or female preflowers?
DSC0012211.JPG

same thing with this?
DSC001259.JPG

and again?
DSC0013012.JPG

This one is I think the most clear, looks to be male preflowers, right?
DSC001317.JPG

It's time to watch them closely. See the balls.... Look closely for pistils. If the balls have pistils then girl. No pistils.... Boy. The last one looks like a boy to me. Clusters of balls and no clear pistils... At least in the picture.

Re: "Totally new to this" First grow - Soil/CFL/Indoor/BigBud & mystery seeds

just a random comment whilst we are on the subject of smell.
recent technological advancements have made (and this is not a joke!) boxer shorts designed for people like myself who have IBS that can filter smells a thousand times stronger than the worst fart you can make. lmao

its funny now, but it may be a cheap and easy way for us to diy our own carbon filters in the near future.

Mens Flatulence Filtering Underwear | myShreddies.com

LOL =D

PS, unless you want seeds, kill the preflowers, no reason to wait untill close to popping, sooner killed, sooner healed, i highly reccomend a little peroxide water spray as your working so close to the main stem, need to do whatever you can to keep the wound clean till it heals.

Well I was going to post more pics for help determining sex, but it became painfully obvious which were which very quickly. Only 1 of my 3 largest are the fairer sex, but that's ok really, the growbox was getting very cramped for space. So I've got 1 large BigBud, 1 medium sized BigBud, 1 medium and 3 small unknown strain going. The medium and small ones I had in red solo cups for way too long. I started in way too small of a space, then increased it a little but was still to small, then built the grow box/tent thing that I ended up with, and when I did that I was able to expand the pots size a bit.

Today's crop of fallen and dead leaves :( . I hope I'm not killing them. Does anything pop out as a specific deficiency or is dropping leaves like this to be expected a little over 3 weeks into flowering? I've flushed 3 weeks ago, and am using right around 6.5 ph water and getting runoff ph at 7. Using Schultz bloom plus which is 10-54-10, and swapping in some miraclegro bloom something-or-other that I think is 15-30-15 every 3rd or 4th nute feeding. Both at half regular potted plant strength. I am also doing epsom salts every other week or so.

DSC0014510.JPG

hey micro , I'm a CFL grower , and you can do no problem, with what ya got,, depending on the bulbs,.. here's a few pics of my 2 different cfl grow boxes ,any questions I'd be glad to help if I can :peace:..you can have great results
june_22_001.JPG
new_bulbs_may_14_001.JPG
april_8th_004.JPG

wow sfw88..
Seeing the buds you're producing with CFL's is what has inspired me to do a CFL grow. I'm in week 2 of veg, and I had a few questions for you that I sent in PM only to find out I need 50 posts before sending PM's. NOOObie.
sorry micro, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

wow sfw88..
Seeing the buds you're producing with CFL's is what has inspired me to do a CFL grow. I'm in week 2 of veg, and I had a few questions for you that I sent in PM only to find out I need 50 posts before sending PM's. NOOObie.
sorry micro, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
I sent you a PM ,,maybe you can respond to me

I tried to respond but wouldn't let me. Is there a thread that I can go to where I can ask you these questions without hijacking someone's thread?
Thanks

..It looks to me like it's a milk jug , nothing to worry about , unless there's a cow wandering around your house somewhere...:tokin: unless you mean the little flower, then I'm afraid your right , it looks like a male pollen sack to me..

I think that's a potassium deficiency, not too sure, but check out the problem solver in the how to grow section on this website. I generally use something with closer ratios of P and K in flower. High P is used for root growth in veg, as I understand, without so much K. Anyway, those big box ferts aren't really formulated for pot, plus shultz and miracle gro really aren't very good. They make a plant look healthy, that's all.

Find something like a 2-12-12 with micronutrients, something for tomatoes(or pot), and maybe get your pH a bit lower, around 6.
Buy some hydro nutes to provide all the requirements, or some Organic nutes to really give the plant life.

Whatever works for you. Good luck.

Oh and it might have something to do with low light. Leaves under the canopy lose their vigour and can sometimes show various deficiencies. I assume that's because the plant is channeling the nutrients to the upper part of the canopy where there is plenty of light.

Back
Top Bottom