Totally New To This - First Grow - Soil - CFL - Indoor - Big Bud & Mystery Seeds

It's not that easy to see, but this whole lower limb is yellow, and has lost almost all of the leaves :(

DSC001506.JPG

I can see it .. It's a gonner I'd cut that sucker off now it's doing the plant no good. It might have something to do with it touching the clay ball mulch ? dunno ? :tokin::tokin:

Well, the plants were still going downhill but I started doing some foilar feeding a few days ago, and I'm cautiously optimistic that it's really helping. I've tried so many fixes, that there can't be too many left! What I'm afraid now, is that I have hard water, with minerals and shit that is locking out the legit minerals in the soil. That would make sense why flushing when I discovered I had a PH problem didn't help any. So now I'm running all my water through a Britta water filter. That should fix it, right?@!?

I'm not sure if a Britta will help with hard water , they usually treat that with salt , I know my sister has that problem( hard water ) and the water softener uses salt .....It sure didnt help her looks any , my brother-in-law ask her ,,(when we were high).. did she give up on makeup...I almost peeed myself laughin so hard

I'm not sure if a Britta will help with hard water , they usually treat that with salt , I know my sister has that problem( hard water ) and the water softener uses salt .....It sure didnt help her looks any , my brother-in-law ask her ,,(when we were high).. did she give up on makeup...I almost peeed myself laughin so hard
I'm not so sure that Britta filtering the water will help. Those Brittas take a lot of natural nutrients out of the water that I think you're pants will need. I remember when I was 18, I had a pet piranha in a 10 gallon tank that was huge. One day I decided to clean the tank by washing everything and Britta filtering all 10 gallons. Sure looked nice and clean, he seemed happy. Dropped acid and went out for the night. When I got home, he was floating upside down in my nice clean tank. Bummer, what a trip that was.

From what I'm reading, using water softened by a water softener isn't a good idea either, as it adds salt? I have a friend in a different town that has a water softener. We started seeds at the same time, and his didn't show the problems mine did, but all 4 of his were male, so they got hacked down after just over 2 months. He's got 3 of my clones going now, so we'll see if he's able to go without problems on that softened water. I also read about reverse osmosis, but I'm hesitant to spend hundreds of dollars on something that I'm not even sure is really my biggest problem.

I'm into my 5th week of flowering, so I guess I'll just keep at it and see if I can keep these things alive for another month. After that I'll try some clones and maybe try something different for each of them, eg. store bought distilled water for one, buddy's softened water for second, my water on third. That doesn't sound like fun trying to keep all those different jugs straight though.

heya buddy, sorry ive missed a chunk of this grow, been quite busy.

first and foremost thing to bear in mind is that our plant is an annual, therefor during the last half of flowering you can expect the plant to start dying, yellowing leaves falling off al the time e.t.c.

i keep seeeing the word deficiency come up....but i have to be honest all those different nute types you got floating around...there is no nute shortage, what you have if anything is an imbalance of some kind.

Tap water needs to be left to stand for at least 12 hours or to be boiled for half hour to remove chlorine that is not nice at all...you do not want to use any kind of water filters/softeners as they can harm all that lovely calcium and magnesium in the water. in your situation if you think your water is really heavy, mix 50/50 tap/distilled.

roughly, the correct npk for veg is 3-2-1 and for flower is 1-2-3.
my current grow isnt really getting fed anything but the nutes in the soil and some weak seaweed water, lol.

Clones are meant to be taken BEFORE going into flower and that yellow stem would have been one you would have used up already ;)

as to flushing...if you make up a large volume of water with a half strength 3-2-1 ratio (with micro nutrients pls) you can just pour a gallon of the stuff into each pot and let it run off like crazy, that will remove and imbalances and salts that have built up and will leave your plants in clean ground with a nice light snack to keep them going...

I have been leaving out all water for a day or two before using, but I have found from my city water department that they do not chlorinate our water. I'll probably still leave it out anyway though. They do add fluoride to "meet Department of Health standards" which I'm not thrilled about, but chlorine is the bad one for plants, no?

The clones I would be using are not from these plants, they're from my buddy who used some of my seeds and is currently in veg.

you might wanna check where the city gets it's water supply , because if they get it from somewhere else , that company might,and does chlorinate ,,be safe,. the city I worked for, bought it's water from a giant water company ,and it's clorinated and flouride treated it's hard to keep water safe to drink without chlorine ,,bad stuff grows in water lines , especially the one's the end up in a dead end

First off pretty sure the Def. is nitrogen, could be from PH lock out, but it is also normal in flowering for the plant to pull excess nitrogen from older parts of the plant, but sounds like a def. Your buds looked great though. 2nd get a PPM/EC meter and PH pen for testing your water if you don't already have one. Bubble your water, get a big 5 gal water jug and slap an air stone and air pump. The pump will add O2 to your water and it clears it out in 12 hrs of chlorine and fluoride, pretty sure on this someone correct me if I am wrong. I bubble my nuts also, keeps O2 in the mix and helps keep bad bug out of it. BTW not knocking on you just trying to help, been there done bad. I have a friend that has more experience than I that I refer too when I have issues. Just a suggestion, your lights are nice, but you might want to pick up a lower Kelvin bulbs for flower the plants like a warmer color spectrum for flowering. Keep it up. Ask questions. And Read everything you can.

Here's a few new shots. This one is doing some major fox-tail'n
DSC001538.JPG

In the foreground and right side are some of the branches that dropped off all their fan leaves and are looking pretty bad. In the back one of the main stalks that has fan leave problems too, but the flowers look pretty good still.
DSC001516.JPG

I think this is a seed, right in the middle. Oh well, something to start over with if I have to quit growing for a while or if clones don't work out.
DSC001545.JPG

Hi there friend.
Im sorry to see the grow hasnt gone too well.
Please do not feel disheartened, rather a lot of us screw up the first time, hell i didnt even get my first run to flower.

i highly reccomend cutting away any leaves that look corrupted. drop all nutes except a 1-2-3 ratio if you can achieve it and put all your energy into making those seeds survive.....just like the rest of nature evolution is key..at least one of those seeds will have a slightly increased resistance to whatever is murdering the mothers.

it is my sincere belief that you tried too hard. if you have a soil PH beween 6 and 7, room humidity of around 50% and tempratures of 60-80f and a 1-1-1 solution...your plant will go full term...its all you need to start with, slowly over time you push the plants to see what you can do to maximise them.

Less is more.....and just because people seem to read that and their minds glaze over with ambition it still stands so ill say it again for any one else reading this educational journal...LESS IS MORE!

you cannot really starve a plant if you put it in a reasonable compost but you can kill them stone dead by adding too much of anything.

right now im using seaweed juice and molasses and the soil they were born in, when i switch to flower all i will be doing is adding bonemeal and potash to the soil as a top dressing and that at half reccomended strength (can always add more later, if they thrive)

so i leave you with this quote and feel pride brutha because you dare to try =)
[h=1]“We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.”[/h]

If ya can get to the fan blade, or squirrel cage and turn it around ,,your problem is solved ,,the fan will be reversed

Hey micro

I just got finished reading your journal, its such a shame to see your girls so sad

It looks to me as if your plants have nute burn, I would really think about giving your plants a flush and easing up on the nutrients to see if it makes a change to your problems.

By using a chemical fertiliser you could have a buildup of a harmful amount of salt in your soil and this will cause nutrient lock out.

It is very easy to over-care for your plants, sometimes less is more :)

Hope this helps somewhat

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom