Trala’s Tent

@BooWho2 I couldn’t find it. Looks like 013 and Bill have you covered anyway :)

I don’t do the whole bonsai mother plant thing. They are both defs more skilled than I am when it comes to this stuff :)

And I’ve got a question. Atm I’m using the veg tent as a faux flower tent, coz I’m not going to need it until (or if) my seeds pop. Omg I have Stage 5 Seed Pop anxiety like always. I’m totally overthinking it and I am convinced they are dead, I’m already formulating my back up plan, clone the Mimosas, and keep the Tangie and Peyote going but I digress…

So I can comfortably flower 3, uncomfortably flower 4. 2 of the 4 will get the best seats under the lights. My long winded question is who should I prioritise? Or should I rotate?

Couple ways to think about it.

Id go 4, and raise the two smallest up to match canopy height. Tallest should yeild more being the reason.

But why not use the veg tent? You good get at least a couple good weeks in before babies would need a big light.
I’ve done that by adding the milk crates. The Peyote should finish flower in maybe 4 or 5 weeks, look I made that up, it’s a good few weeks that I am sure (92%).

How do I even have milk crates btw. I’ve never in my life done a milk run loling.

They only need that faux light for tops 3 hours per day.

Am I?

A good few weeks off I mean.

Well any way let me see if I make sense of this.

Starting here.

PC - 55 to 60 days
TD - 60 to 65

Both currently in 12/12.

ME x 2 are listed as 65-70.

Only just flipped, so they will run longer anyway.

If your only using one grow space then I would stack the first finishers (PC & TD) more toward the light for a week or two while the Mimosas get going. Throwing them in might be helped along by a lack of light, maybe a slightly cooler temp if they are outside the direct light.

Then maybe switch them up every other week until your reaching say day 50 post flip . At day 50 put the PC in direct light to finish, And TD wont be far behind so day 55 or so. The Mimosas will finish later no matter what with no sharing needed.

Working on your notes from Sunday here.

PC days in flower 23. So day 50 will be Sat 26th of feb.

TD days in flower 7. So day 55 will be Sat 19th March.

Or just do whatever the plants tell you to do.

Well any way let me see if I make sense of this.

Starting here.

PC - 55 to 60 days
TD - 60 to 65

Both currently in 12/12.

ME x 2 are listed as 65-70.

Only just flipped, so they will run longer anyway.

If your only using one grow space then I would stack the first finishers (PC & TD) more toward the light for a week or two while the Mimosas get going. Throwing them in might be helped along by a lack of light, maybe a slightly cooler temp if they are outside the direct light.

Then maybe switch them up every other week until your reaching say day 50 post flip . At day 50 put the PC in direct light to finish, And TD wont be far behind so day 55 or so. The Mimosas will finish later no matter what with no sharing needed.

Working on your notes from Sunday here.

PC days in flower 23. So day 50 will be Sat 26th of feb.

TD days in flower 7. So day 55 will be Sat 19th March.

Or just do whatever the plants tell you to do.
Good morning bloke :)

Omg thank you for working this out for me! Thank you so so much!

I really seem to struggle in a few areas growing, successful flower being my biggest issue, closely followed by knowing when to flip. In my actual life I’m very decisive. But in my grow life, I lack it. I never feel sure. I always think I’m going to ruin them. For example my gut feeling says I’ve ruined those seeds, and I have to keep reminding myself I always feel this way to stop myself digging them up! Not even joking!

So if I’m loosely looking at a 4 week finish this could work perfectly, like not right this second but going forward. I think I should stagger them too, which I’ve accidentally done with PC and The TD so I don’t have to trim all at the same time.

If I did what my plants tell me to do I would veg them forever.

For example my gut feeling says I’ve ruined those seeds, and I have to keep reminding myself I always feel this way to stop myself digging them up! Not even joking!
If you struggle with popping seeds, why not try the paper towel method?

That way you could at least track whether or not the seeds are cracking. If you do, just be sure not to let the roots get too long before you plant them.

If you struggle with popping seeds, why not try the paper towel method?

That way you could at least track whether or not the seeds are cracking. If you do, just be sure not to let the roots get too long before you plant them.
There is so much about growing I don’t like the thought of. And if I don’t like the thought of it I don’t do it. I’m like that in my real life too. Firm no. If I don’t like/trust the look of it I don’t try/do it. It’s so stupid I know.

I hate the thought of being trapped under a wet blanket. To me the paper towel method is trapped under a wet blanket. It seems so unnatural as opposed to the warm blanket I consider dirt to be. I don’t really struggle with seeds in actuality, just mentally. I’m a head fuck like that lolllll

I have only had one seed not strike *I am literally searching for wood to touch* and that was a gifted White Rhino seed that had spent 20 years or something like that in ole mates freezer. I don’t count the Wedding Cake seed that didn’t pop, coz it was very obviously a half a seed and defective.

No problem Trala.

Honestly I have no idea what the breeders mean by flowering time, and if someone could explain it Im listening.

And being really specific about this heres what confuses me. Im old school, when they were ready, they were ready (at least as far as Hps goes). No microscopes and trichomes, number of flowering days, dark periods etc. When the pistils went brown you knew you were close.

But Ive seen them throw out white pistils, not sync up, and stall on stacking. Growing is probably better now, but I still dont understand what 55-60 days means. From flip? From pistils? What we do is unnatural, and my guess is some genetics are more stable than others.

Genetics now are crosses of crosses of crosses. And because of that phenos have to be more prevalent. Meaning across a set of 100 seeds surely the window of flowering varies by more than 5 days. It has to, Sativas will run 77 sometimes and Indicas have always been shorter. With each cross and resultant pheno I would think youd get more variation, not less.

My guess is that the breeders put what is their best guess. So I can only respond using my best guess.

No problem Trala.

Honestly I have no idea what the breeders mean by flowering time, and if someone could explain it Im listening.

And being really specific about this heres what confuses me. Im old school, when they were ready, they were ready (at least as far as Hps goes). No microscopes and trichomes, number of flowering days, dark periods etc. When the pistils went brown you knew you were close.

But Ive seen them throw out white pistils, not sync up, and stall on stacking. Growing is probably better now, but I still dont understand what 55-60 days means. From flip? From pistils? What we do is unnatural, and my guess is some genetics are more stable than others.

Genetics now are crosses of crosses of crosses. And because of that phenos have to be more prevalent. Meaning across a set of 100 seeds surely the window of flowering varies by more than 5 days. It has to, Sativas will run 77 sometimes and Indicas have always been shorter. With each cross and resultant pheno I would think youd get more variation, not less.

My guess is that the breeders put what is their best guess. So I can only respond using my best guess.
Omg I’ve got zero idea. And the technical names! Pistons and tricombs and so on. It’s all so scientific!

Tbh back in my grow days, it was always the boys who did the growing. It would involve trail bikes and secret boy business. I would only become involved when it came to bagging up or rolling foilies or transport, when it came to an ex ripping off a crop over money owed, how I didn’t get flogged over that one I’ll never know. Tho to be fair, our flat got smashed up and he did end up with his jaw wired shut and back and blue. Oh the good old days. I’d rather cut my spleen out and NutriBullet it than live that part of my life again… lolllllll

I became an accidental grower 2 years ago when girlfriend broke up with her boyfie and needed her plant babysat.

I have never really watched a grow closely like I’ve been able to do here.

XXXX beer must be some really filthy stuff......:p I'm on my fourth so your not drinking alone..
Lollllll yeah filthy bruv. It’s actually a Queenslander bogan staple.

I prefer the stock standard XXXX, but my boyfriend insists on the fancy lager version ;)

I felt a tiny bit shabby on waking. Not the best day for a dental check up.

I love the way they give you a “free” gift bag. Totes takes the sting out of being fucked up the arse when paying for it.

BE437003-C4D8-4B84-9A92-55168DE2FF85.jpeg

I did have a cringe moment in the dental chair tho, the dentist said “turn your head left” and for some reason I thought she said turn your tongue left, so I got my mouth open, tongue out pointing right coz I struggle with my left and right, and it just went to hell from there tbh.

Final Yield: Mimosa EVO

My Mimmy Mimosa EVO grow is officially over, and I’m still hurt about it!

I am so devastated I couldn’t do this beautiful plant justice. She was the healthiest veg plant I’ve ever had the pleasure to grow, then like always I fucked up flower.

I learned a lot about myself too, main things being I’m an irrational douche bag with a bad temper…. Tho tbh I knew that already… ;) ;) ;)

Mimmy Bee aka Mimosa EVO
Barney’s Seed
Days in Veg 68
12:eyebrowsmile: 9 Days before flower
Days in Flower: 41 then killed by her crazed owner.

Final Yeild: 4.2oz or 120g

CC75DC30-834A-4039-AB43-60510E536085.jpeg

I would only become involved when it came to bagging up or rolling foilies or transport
This made me smile. I dont even know if they do foilies any more but the memories came flooding back just reading the words.

120g hey. Id love to know what that number could have been if she ran and didnt have that sudden necrosis.

Those cpl nugs look good, will we get a smoke report?

Shouldnt be too hard on yourself there, you grow solid plants, keep us entertained, and have pretty decent pics. And youll nail flower one day soon enough, these 4 coming up might be your moment.

Cant count the amount of times Ive run into people in the scene that have a bad attitude. Should be an adventure, and a bit of fun. Trimming will never be of course.

Dentists are part of an ongoing joke at work. When his young bloke came along I was like "Dont let him be a tradie."
He snapped straight back " Yeah for sure sending him to dental school."
Total Thieves.

I am so devastated I couldn’t do this beautiful plant justice. She was the healthiest veg plant I’ve ever had the pleasure to grow, then like always I fucked up flower.

I learned a lot about myself too, main things being I’m an irrational douche bag with a bad temper…. Tho tbh I knew that already… ;) ;) ;)

Mimmy Bee aka Mimosa EVO
Barney’s Seed
Days in Veg 68

Hey @Trala sorry to hear about the mishap of Mimmy... Have you tried the smoke yet? I'm curious as to what the high is like being only 41 days in flower?

Congrats on 120 grams, Trala! At least you got a decent yield from her despite having to chop her down early.

Mimmy Bee aka Mimosa EVO
Barney’s Seed
Days in Veg 68

Congratulations on the harvest... 4 oz is nothing to shake a stick at ;) and now you've grown a little more and will do even better the next time. Happy for ya

This made me smile. I dont even know if they do foilies any more but the memories came flooding back just reading the words.
We used to call them riggers too, foilie, doilie or a rigger. They sell in grams now don’t they?
120g hey. Id love to know what that number could have been if she ran and didnt have that sudden necrosis.

Those cpl nugs look good, will we get a smoke report?
I’m so dirty at myself. I should have read the fucking nit spray directions, I should have treated her properly. Her pups look so healthy. But then again so did she when she was small.
Shouldnt be too hard on yourself there, you grow solid plants, keep us entertained, and have pretty decent pics. And youll nail flower one day soon enough, these 4 coming up might be your moment.
I just can’t seem to pull off a happy ending tho. It’s so ,I’m going to say annoying, coz upsetting makes me sound over emotional. But in truth it’s upsetting.
Cant count the amount of times Ive run into people in the scene that have a bad attitude. Should be an adventure, and a bit of fun. Trimming will never be of course.
I agree, I defs have fun with my grows, and while I fuck about, I really do take the process seriously. And I’m not gonna lie, it’s not always fun. Sometimes it’s super fucking stressful.
Dentists are part of an ongoing joke at work. When his young bloke came along I was like "Dont let him be a tradie."
He snapped straight back " Yeah for sure sending him to dental school."
Total Thieves.
Omg don’t get me started! The lighting in the waiting room alone is worth a bomb!

They really are. You can’t even begin to understand how much I hate the dentist.

Hey @Trala sorry to hear about the mishap of Mimmy... Have you tried the smoke yet? I'm curious as to what the high is like being only 41 days in flower?
Not yet. I almost had a scoob last night but couldn’t find papers.

Her buds actually look good, while some are defs lacking density they sure have a beautiful citrusy scent.

Back
Top Bottom