Trala’s Tent

Congrats on 120 grams, Trala! At least you got a decent yield from her despite having to chop her down early.
Good morning Daisybird :)

Thank you :)

It’s better than a punch in the face I guess.

Congratulations on the harvest... 4 oz is nothing to shake a stick at ;) and now you've grown a little more and will do even better the next time. Happy for ya
Thank you and you’re right.

I just had big dreams for this plant.

:)

The good news, I have birthed overnight!

The bad news. She is the sickest jaundiced looking cherub I’ve ever seen. I’m not even sure if a seedling who looks this sick can even survive :(

No signs of my Wedding Cake. I feel I’m destined never to successfully grow this p,ant.

Introducing Bluebell Bee

She is today years old and I will do my best to save her.

D912F49E-358F-474F-BAA3-1B2EDFBC5690.jpeg

Woohoo, another canna baby girl joins the world! Congratulations Trala.

Can relate to those feelings of seed stress, god knows what mess I would have had in my journal had I started it then. The first month is all "helicopter parent" and pacing back and forth. Deep down I love seed popping, no matter plant type.

Give her a few hours to find her groove, its amazing how quickly they can improve.

As for the WC seems to be the more you want something the further it seems out of reach. But can empathise with that feeling. Cmon WC, you can do it.

Woohoo, another canna baby girl joins the world! Congratulations Trala.

Can relate to those feelings of seed stress, god knows what mess I would have had in my journal had I started it then. The first month is all "helicopter parent" and pacing back and forth. Deep down I love seed popping, no matter plant type.

Give her a few hours to find her groove, its amazing how quickly they can improve.

As for the WC seems to be the more you want something the further it seems out of reach. But can empathise with that feeling. Cmon WC, you can do it.
I’ve only grown 6 fancy seeds so far, I think it’s 6. And none of them popped looking this yellow.

That is so so true. I am totes overthinking the Wedding Cake but… the seed is maybe 6 months old and has been in a room where the temp has been up over 30 degrees. Could that negatively effect the seed? I so want an opportunity to grow this plant.

I am totes overthinking the Wedding Cake but… the seed is maybe 6 months old and has been in a room where the temp has been up over 30 degrees. Could that negatively effect the seed?
The longer in storage and the more temp flucuations the more effect it has, this is certainly true, but they are tough seeds.

Wouldnt be too worried, theyve come from a reliable source with good genetics, packed and shipped in a timely manner. If it was six years Id say you might be right to have concerns, six months will be fine. Takes pretty extreme conditions to take them from less viable to unviable.

That hard casing is designed to regulate extremes to protect the inside until swell. In short, unless it was dodgy from collection it will still be in very good condition, no reason to suspect it would be unviable.

Ive seen seeds 5 to 6 years old pop just fine, with a little help. Many stories of older.

I’m using the veg tent as a faux flower tent until the babies need 18:6, but to assist with darkness I need to flip the tent back to front. I have an idea so fingers crossed it works. It’s not pitch black in the veg area so I will be keeping Bubbles in there as she is the less of a superstar when it comes to the twin mimosas. She’s more Danny Devito to MC’s Schwarzenegger. So if there is a herm I’d prefer it be Bubbles.

It’s an overcast day here so I’ve got the Mimosas outside getting snippets of sun and my flower girls in poll position under the lights.

Some of you will remember my son gave me a rose for Mother’s Day last year. After her having a near death experience an uppot and position change she has rewarded me with the first flowering rose I’ve ever had in my life :)

Hope you all have the best day/night ever. It’s time for me to slay this day!

ABED2FAD-EDCD-40FE-88BA-42F320DA84A8.jpeg

My good little girl ❤️❤️❤️
E3BD9893-DA47-4BDE-B6BE-567BA0C46982.jpeg

And my bad arsed bitch who will fuck you up!
(If I can get her in a jar that is ;) lollinggg)

8B1C301D-2618-4DF1-8FAB-A0D835C77967.jpeg

So I think I have found a temporary light fix. Just until I need 18:6.

As advised I’ve put the two big girls in poll positions in the flower room and MC is in the worst possy light wise.

I have got Bubbles in the veg tent with my seedling who I am 78% sure will die. I will say she has greened up a tad but she’s not great. I’m 99.999% sure the Wedding Cake is dead. Makes me so sad and it literally takes all my power not to dig her up and try and give her mouth to mouth. I’ll give her 3 more days.

So I’ve spun my tent so the opening faces my garage wall. This will reduce morning light. Not ideal, but it will do I think. It’s better than the tent facing the light source. I can’t close the tent coz my exhaust inny and outty air pipes are in the flower room and the tent becomes a sauna closed. I have a petastel pedastil pedostil tall stand up fan blowing are in, and a little fan in the tent to help with circulation.

B7621EBD-F4A5-4F73-A931-D8E2B22EA69C.jpeg
A41954A1-D7CF-4B11-967B-8F9709140F3E.jpeg

She is a sick little seedling that’s fo sho.
She looks great, already has deep ridges! don't worry about the little break on the cotyledon and leave it attached

So for me this is a game changer. This means I don’t have to be so miserly with my seeds. I can take more chances. Grow more variety. Let go of that fucking Tangerine Dream.

So controlling nits would be so much easier on smaller plants. All three of my flowering girls are over a metre tall and a metre wide. They are fuller than a teenage boys cum sock. I think if I kept them smaller they would be easier to control.

The other thing, do I flip MC now, she is small but lovely, I’ll get a close up pic today, or give her away? My little Tangie clone Tawny looks so lovely this morning. She has officially decided to grow. I will defs give her away.

I have six seeds people! SIX SEEDS!

Herbies Seeds FTW.
Hey Trala! :ciao:

I'm way back here on page 255 trying to make my way forward. However, it is difficult when I have to stop every few minutes to laugh out loud. And then there are these kinds of comments that make it even harder to proceed because I cannot read while I'm laying on the floor laughing!:rofl:
They are fuller than a teenage boys cum sock.

There has been no further travelling of the necrosis thankfully.

Omg you didn’t, sound callous I mean. Not at all callous. I have a nit plan of attack. I’m going to treat them every day. I am not going to let my guard down. I have a zero ant plan too. I think ants carry the little buggers in. I’ve inspected them today and zero live nits. I got this.

I am in very good spirits thank you kind sir. My partner was called into work today at 0530 and I haven’t spoken out loud to another person all day, and it is pure bliss. I’ve had the best day :)

The only downer is my cupboard has nearly run dry. I have prolly 9 weeks of smoke left. But on the upside I’ve cleaned my room, and my jars and they are ready to be restocked.

BC879CCC-9AAF-4851-8F96-74B547C95E11.jpeg

8D6AEFB5-DFE6-4444-BAB4-D7783EC2C451.jpeg

I really need to get a better perpetual flow going. I get so nervous I’ll run out. I end up giving too much away.

I’m so excited at the thought of planting beans :) There is something super exciting about raising a plant from seed.
"Safers Thingy Soap"! :laugh:

I'm dying over here!

Back
Top Bottom