Truth Seeker Makes A Come Back Featuring 420 Sponsors

im gonna start a gdp mom soon so I would like to see your gdp :thumb:
well hope its a mom
if its a good dad ill use that too:420:

Thank you CronicHempHog. :thanks:

I love GDP! And I do mean love! It is my absolute favorite indica strain, the flowers are just beautiful and jam packed full of trichs.

So my vote goes to GDP as well, but won't be counted if someone would like to put it back at a tie!

Going once. Going twice...

Winner winner purple flowers!

GDP48.JPG

And so it starts...

I love GDP. Although Ive read the original is almost impossible to get a bean from. But anytime I have procured GDP it has been outstanding. Good Purpsday Truth Seeker.

Subscribed and here to answer questions! Big thanks for doing this journal, Truth Seeker.
Why are the foul poles in baseball in fair territory? ;) Shouldnt hey be called "fair poles"?

:welcome: Scientific Soils!

Thank you for your support. :thumb:

Subscribed and here to answer questions! Big thanks for doing this journal, Truth Seeker.

Yea, I wasn't expecting to get any beans from her. Last year was the last GDP bean I had left and then she gave me another bean back. I was so excited!

I love GDP. Although Ive read the original is almost impossible to get a bean from. But anytime I have procured GDP it has been outstanding. Good Purpsday Truth Seeker.

Now joining the 420 Sponsors list in this journal is Sierra Natural Science

They are supplying this grow with SNS-209 and SNS-217

SNS_217_and_209.JPG
and along with some extra multi-directional spray bottles. I love these spray bottles, I can be spraying the top of the plants and need to spray under the leaves. All I have to do is turn the bottle upside down and start spraying. If you have experienced these spray bottles, you know what I am talking about... If you haven't yet. Check out SNS for your pesticide needs, they are a trusted sponsor here at 420 Magazine and have tons of reviews to back up their products.

:Namaste:

hey scientific soil guy I have a question
how do i aquire your soil in Hawaii I don't think there are any vendors here that carry your product:thanks:

oh yea WooHoo GDP time!

Regarding the soil mixes, they are nutritionally identical. The difference is structural. In the Pro we have more costly chunky perlite (fragile, expensive and hard to mix without crushing) and block cut peat (the peat is cut from the bog in blocks and set aside to drain for a year--results in larger particles), whereas in the Gardeners' we have replaced the perlite with cypress chip (doesn't break, no special treatment, abundant, not a nitrogen sink) and block cut peat with milled peat (the peat is scraped up and mounded where it drains in a couple months--results in smaller particles). They should perform almost identically. They are also designed to not need added nutrient when used according to direction (meaning in a large enough volume and with proper drainage). They were designed that way to reduce my own labor costs and time back when I was running my MMC. When you have 1000 plants in a room, you *need* one planting event and then to be done until harvest.

Regarding the soil mixes, they are nutritionally identical. The difference is structural. In the Pro we have more costly chunky perlite (fragile, expensive and hard to mix without crushing) and block cut peat (the peat is cut from the bog in blocks and set aside to drain for a year--results in larger particles), whereas in the Gardeners' we have replaced the perlite with cypress chip (doesn't break, no special treatment, abundant, not a nitrogen sink) and block cut peat with milled peat (the peat is scraped up and mounded where it drains in a couple months--results in smaller particles). They should perform almost identically. They are also designed to not need added nutrient when used according to direction (meaning in a large enough volume and with proper drainage). They were designed that way to reduce my own labor costs and time back when I was running my MMC. When you have 1000 plants in a room, you *need* one planting event and then to be done until harvest.

So this soil requires 0 additional nutrients through an entire grow? What size pot would be required and do you experience lock outs on any strains? Also TS has a host of nutrients planned for this grow... will those and the nutrients already in the soil cause overfeeding and lockouts? I really like the soil I am using but I detest the vendor, just you being here to answer questions gives me a warm fuzzy, Thanks

So this soil requires 0 additional nutrients through an entire grow? What size pot would be required and do you experience lock outs on any strains? Also TS has a host of nutrients planned for this grow... will those and the nutrients already in the soil cause overfeeding and lockouts? I really like the soil I am using but I detest the vendor, just you being here to answer questions gives me a warm fuzzy, Thanks

Hi Buckshot,

I'm delighted to be here. I really enjoy talking about soil and growing.

Yes, for most varieties this soil requires zero additional nutrients. I am not ruling out the chance that somebody stumbles onto a variety with exceptional needs, but it would be a rare plant.

I like to use a number 8 or 10 nursery pot. That's about 5-8 real gallons (5 true gallons is the size of an orange Home Depot bucket), depending on intended plant size and veg time. I have chatted with TS about this and he intends to grow smaller plants. For his grow I would like to see a 5 gallon pot, which I believe he is using. The problem with growing large plants in small pots is that plant roots exchange ions for nutrient and, particularly during flowering, the increase in the P & K to N ratio means the roots secrete more hydrogen than hydroxy. Hydrogen = acid. Acid = pH problems. pH problems = nutrient problems. The typical result is spotting leaves and a grower pouring on more nutrient instead of correcting pH. This starts a feedback loop that is hard to convince new growers to break.

Root surface area is astounding. A researcher in the 40's measured the root surface area of a winter rye plant and found that this little 3 foot plant had the root surface area equal to a basketball court! So that's why the fix for soil problems is nearly always more soil (provided it is a balanced formula to begin with)--plants can really deplete it quickly.

I confess I am worried about overfeeding. Here, I want to make clear that I do not in any way mean to steal thunder from the nutrient sponsor. I have used that line of nutrients myself and they are truly excellent products. TS has assured me that he will be using them in a supportive role and I'm satisfied he knows what he is doing.

Hope this answers your questions.

You are correct--we are not in Hawaii. As you can imagine, the biggest hurdle we face is shipping costs... and Hawaii is a pretty long haul! Wish I had a different answer!

im gonna assume you only wholesale to retailers
you know of any retailer or if you guys are willing to do small sales to Hawaii shipping is of no concern as if I order anything online out of state I end up paying for shipping anyway

im gonna assume you only wholesale to retailers
you know of any retailer or if you guys are willing to do small sales to Hawaii shipping is of no concern as if I order anything online out of state I end up paying for shipping anyway

I think you may be shocked at how high shipping is. You can contact me through email and I will get you a quote on however many bags you need and you can decide from there. That way we don't have to discuss off-topic items here. How's that?

Hope this answers your questions.

Thank you, it did... now I have more :cheesygrinsmiley: I like the idea of not feeding. Next question. The PH of my well water is 8 :yikes: I have to correct now with PH down. What are your thoughts with water like that? If I have to continue PH down will that cause a buildup that will cause issues towards the end?

I think you may be shocked at how high shipping is. You can contact me through this site and I will get you a quote on however many bags you need and you can decide from there. That way we don't have to discuss off-topic items here. How's that?

ok will do thanks man:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom