Tryan2grow1 Second Time Grow - Autos In DWC With Mars-Hydro LED

Those rapid rooters rock in my opinion. I germinated my last beans right in the plug, had a tap showing in no time it seemed.

Have always wondered if germ'd right in the rapid rooter was possible. Next go round that is what I shall try. Thanks for looking in.

Tryan2grow1 Second Time Grow - Autos In DWC

These two new gals are surely showing some real strength from the very start. On my first grow the beans took several days to crack, then took several more before breaking the surface of the rapid rooter. And it took a week or more before the tap root made it to the reservoir. The Blue Mystic and Northern Light both sprouted a tap root within 36 hours of being put into a paper towel. Then both broke the surface of the rapid rooter less than 24 hours later. We shall see how long it takes for roots to show outside the net baskets. Here is what the young ladies look like at this time. May the healthy growth continue.

Northern Light
420-magazine-mobile589934629.jpg

Blue Mystic
420-magazine-mobile549651962.jpg

For this first week of life these ladies have enjoyed popping out from the shell, growing down with a tap root out of a rapid rooter, breaking the surface with some fine storage of food in those cotyledons, and even showing their first two serrated leaves. At this time the light is on veg only, 30" away, 18-6. The reservoir has straight ph'd water with hydroguard only, no nutes, at 5.5. The res is 1/2" below the net basket. Good bubble action has the bottom of each basket nice and moist. The temp this week has been high of 78, low of 68. The rh has been between 45 and 55. So far so good, happy girls = happy farmer.

Subbed up! Should be epic!

Welcome CG. Thank you for looking in and following along. Unlike the first grow with "bagseed" being the strain, this time the beans are known strains. Blue Mystic and Northern Light are these two autos growing so far so good. May these ladies turn out to be epic.

Ok, reaching out for input on this subject please team. Week one has come and gone. The gals both now have roots in the reservoir. My thoughts are to start the nutrients upon the first res change, next Monday. That would put nutes in the res to end week 2 and start week 3. I'd like to hit that Goldilocks zone of not too early and not too late with the nutes.

Give um a half dose of very, very weak nutes now and up it more on the weekend. I like to sneak up on it and change a little every couple days, they don't get a big shock that way and you can keep an eye on how they respond.

I'm in for round 2. Here's to happy plants and happy farmers :blunt:

Good Luck T2G1, this should be fun :)

:passitleft:

Fun indeed we have at this hobby. Thank you for following along and looking in LALG. So far so good with these new ladies.

An executive decision has been made. The gals have been fed. GH recommends to use .25tsp/gal for seedlings. The actual dose that was put was .17tsp/gal of micro nutrients, grow and bloom. Adding 1tsp for 6 gal of water is just over half what GH recommends. This barely adds 50ppm to the tap water. Ph was set at 5.5. Full dose of Hydroguard added per usual to help those roots. Eat up ladies, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom