TTKlaus' 3rd Grow Journal - Dragons Rose

I think the center of the plant needs the most attention when it comes to removing leaves. If you can't get enough replenished air thru it is where the yield falls off. In the out doors you have mother nature blowing her winds thru the plant and everything's happy but in a tent or closet it's hard to get air around and thru the plant. My 2 cents.

Derby, Great point! If you look at a dense shrub outdoors you will see heavy leaf cover around the outside, but only branches inside the canopy. I would still be very careful to not remove leaves which get hit by any amount of light.

I just did a popsicle on my clones and removed the bottom third of each one. Mostly tiny immature leaves and flowers i like the air flow it is getting and way easier to hand water without all that scraggly stuff down there. I swear it made the tops swell in a few days. It is hard for me to be the deer but think the results are speaking for themselves right now. I think some defol is usually a good thing.

I just did a popsicle on my clones and removed the bottom third of each one. Mostly tiny immature leaves and flowers i like the air flow it is getting and way easier to hand water without all that scraggly stuff down there. I swear it made the tops swell in a few days. It is hard for me to be the deer but think the results are speaking for themselves right now. I think some defol is usually a good thing.
I like your thinking.

I agree with many points you make. Some defoil is good, the little stuff inside the canopy, little shoots here and there and the stuff that doesn't get a lot of light. But, leave the larger fan leaves. The thick broad ones. Those are the energy sources for the plant. It's possible your tops swelled because you deprived the plant of stored nutrients when you cut off the bottom third. The plant spent a ton of energy to replenish what it lost. One important thing about photosynthesis is the things happen within the plant throughout the plant simultaneously. The bottom affects the top, the roots, the stem..... And vice versa.
As for the watering, I see the benefit in your circumstance. I don't water from the top. I only add water into my water reservoir. And let the water wick up into the soil. So branches are not in my way.

TTKlaus

Day 74 from seed - Day10 of flower.

I was out of town again for a few days. The auto water setup worked flawlessly while gone! The plants stretched 3" in 3 days while out of town.

Now, remember the 2nd plant from the left, the one that struggled while I was gone for 10 days. This plant took a hit by not getting enough water. Turns out, at least I think, it's a male! Check these pics and give me your feedback please.

TTKlaus

Day 80 from seed - Day16 of flower.
Things are looking up! I tied a few branches down to bring them to the same height as the surrounding tops to get a more even grow. I have not added any nutrients for 2 weeks when I added the Purple Cow Organics Canna Charger soil.

Cheers!
TTKlaus

Day 82 from seed - Day18 of flower.
Almost 3 weeks of flower - Do they look on track? The buds are growing, I believe they are pretty much done stretching. It is perfect as I only have about 3 more inches of easily adjustable height in my cabinet! The girls range from 16" - 20" in height. The light sits about 2.5" above the canopy. Temps inside the cabinet are between 73F and 80F, humidity ranges between 48% and 60%, with 66% being the highest to date.

Keep the green side up!

TTKlaus

Day 82 from seed - Day18 of flower.
Almost 3 weeks of flower - Do they look on track? The buds are growing, I believe they are pretty much done stretching. It is perfect as I only have about 3 more inches of easily adjustable height in my cabinet! The girls range from 16" - 20" in height. The light sits about 2.5" above the canopy. Temps inside the cabinet are between 73F and 80F, humidity ranges between 48% and 60%, with 66% being the highest to date.

Keep the green side up!

TTKlaus
Wow all that from seed, all indoor, all LED

Day 92 from seed - Day28 of flower.
Hi guys and gals. I can't believe it's been 10 days since the last update! Sorry about that! All is going fairly good. I think I did have a nitrogen deficiency going on because all plants dropped some lower leaves! I am 4 weeks into flower now. The buds are fairly dense, but this is something I don't yet have a lot of experience with. It sure smells fragrant as can be!

TTKlaus

Day 92 from seed - Day28 of flower.
Hi guys and gals. I can't believe it's been 10 days since the last update! Sorry about that! All is going fairly good. I think I did have a nitrogen deficiency going on because all plants dropped some lower leaves! I am 4 weeks into flower now. The buds are fairly dense, but this is something I don't yet have a lot of experience with. It sure smells fragrant as can be!

TTKlaus
Ok so your in soil. What are you feeding right now? Looks like you were feeding a little bit high in nitrogen at one point by the burnt tips.

Ok so your in soil. What are you feeding right now? Looks like you were feeding a little bit high in nitrogen at one point by the burnt tips.
Previously, I was not supplement feeding at all. I was just using the Cannacharger soil which has all the nutes for flowering. It may have depleted because I only added a 1/2" layer on top of my base soil. I don't know at what time my tips burnt. After the lower leaves turned yellow (which seemingly happened overnight) I added some generic flowering nutrient to my water. 15-30-15
Klaus

Back
Top Bottom