Twelve12's Breeding Program

Update: Firestorm F1

Cross between P1 { Pineapple Express (f) X Grapefruit Diesel (m) } = Firestorm F1

Got the seed from an open pod. Big seed, interesting birthmarks. Estimated to have around 10-15 seeds from one bud sites (the only one got pollinated). Next step is to cross the F1 to get F2. Going to do a run of 9 plants, 3 in DWC and 6 in coco coir airpots. Making best male selection from there. Letting the female flower out. Require 2 clones per plant for preservation and future cross if the plant the clone came from is desirable.

Anyway, check it out! Some shots of Firestorm! Side a. Side b. Closeup 300x.
frame37.jpg
frame29.jpg
frame44.jpg

Count me in too, I'm along for the ride. Done some simple stuff to maintain IBL stuff. Original Haze, The Pure (Skunk #1). Your old seeds if kept dry, dark and cool should remain viable for a long time (I just gave some away that were 21 years old and more than 75 % popped)

Count me in too, I'm along for the ride. Done some simple stuff to maintain IBL stuff. Original Haze, The Pure (Skunk #1). Your old seeds if kept dry, dark and cool should remain viable for a long time (I just gave some away that were 21 years old and more than 75 % popped)

Thanks for joining the adventure. You got some great originals 100% strain. From the list I only have 1, Afghan Kush. Hope it's a male. Still searching for the rest of the pures but they may not be the old school landrace. Thanks for the tips on seed preservation. I'll be sure use the tip for the up coming harvest.

Can ya get a close up of that seed...lol
nice looking seed..thats what a good seed is suposta look like...dark with blemish marks on it.

man definitely get that afghan kush going to start crossing with, I have one going myself, it's female but anything I've heard form the pure AK is its amazing and extremely potent. Even if its a female, you should try and stress it into producing pollen, you'll get female seeds with anything you pollinate so thats a plus

Can ya get a close up of that seed...lol
nice looking seed..thats what a good seed is suposta look like...dark with blemish marks on it.

Heh, it's my first time at it so very interested in documenting everything. Also interesting to see different strains and their unique marks on seeds. Some has none, and vary in dark green colors and often cream like. Maybe the patterns itself can tell us something before we pop them. Need some scientist! Happy with the seeds! Thanks for joining on the adventure.

man definitely get that afghan kush going to start crossing with, I have one going myself, it's female but anything I've heard form the pure AK is its amazing and extremely potent. Even if its a female, you should try and stress it into producing pollen, you'll get female seeds with anything you pollinate so thats a plus

Yes, I hope the AK is a female that way I can cross it with the males I have. You're right either sex will do. If it's a male I'll pollinate the other females. In a week I'll take some cuttings and place in the cloner. The ones in there now hasn't reached desirable root length, yet. Once I get everything down the next phase is creating fem seeds. Best on new stabilized strain, but they won't be ready for a year or two. Welcome to the adventure!

Update: Firestorm F1

Cross between P1 { Pineapple Express (f) X Grapefruit Diesel (m) } = Firestorm F1

Got the seed from an open pod. Big seed, interesting birthmarks. Estimated to have around 10-15 seeds from one bud sites (the only one got pollinated). Next step is to cross the F1 to get F2. Going to do a run of 9 plants, 3 in DWC and 6 in coco coir airpots. Making best male selection from there. Letting the female flower out. Require 2 clones per plant for preservation and future cross if the plant the clone came from is desirable.

Anyway, check it out! Some shots of Firestorm! Side a. Side b. Closeup 300x.
frame37.jpg
frame29.jpg
frame44.jpg

Congratulations 12 'she' is beautifull excellent photograghy 2 must have a good camera!

I have heard of a few people on forums saying that a contraceptive pill that chicks take in aid of birth controll crushed up and mixed into water to germinate will give the seed a better chance of becoming a female think its the estrogen hormone in the pill that makes it more of a 80 - 20 % chance of becoming female.

I will try finding the artical all tho if it is a diffrent forum i prob wont be able to post it here!

So what is your next move are you hoping to plant one and grow straight through to harvest to test your fruits or are you going to grow several and cross a female and male from the pineaple express ?

You may of answered this at the top of the photo?

Not to inteligent! ha

Congratulations 12 'she' is beautifull excellent photograghy 2 must have a good camera!

I have heard of a few people on forums saying that a contraceptive pill that chicks take in aid of birth controll crushed up and mixed into water to germinate will give the seed a better chance of becoming a female think its the estrogen hormone in the pill that makes it more of a 80 - 20 % chance of becoming female.

So what is your next move are you hoping to plant one and grow straight through to harvest to test your fruits or are you going to grow several and cross a female and male from the pineaple express ?

You may of answered this at the top of the photo?

Not to inteligent! ha

Thanks GodSpeed! The photo were from a 2MP digital microscope. Interesting you brought that up. I've read it somewhere too. Right now I'm trying to keep everything simple since I have limited seeds and they took 4 months in making. Also, once the seed is encoded with M or F there's no way to have sex change in seed form. However, through the process of growing, hermie can occur due to environment condition stress unless it's genetic.

The next move:

a. Grow out the F1 seeds. Select best male with desirable traits. Grow out the female and test out the buds quality. 2x clones will be taken from all F1 to ensure the continuation of a few favorites from the batch.
b. Learn how to keep plants bonsai to keep desirable strain alive for more breeding.

That's my plan. Keeping it simple for now. Thanks for tuning in.

Update: 1st Seed Harvest

Firestorm has arrived! There were 20 seeds harvested from Pineapple Express X Grapefruit Diesel. 16 were similar to the first seed pic post. 4 where cream color no birthmarks, looks unfinished but has the sane hardness and size. Keeping those for emergency, heh. 8 just went into germination stage, the rest are stored away.

I kept having DeJa Vu all day today. Anyway, maybe next time I'll pollinate two bud sites instead of one. Allowing myself to have more room for mistakes. Also, they will hold value for future trading when Cannabis is legalized everywhere. First cross complete! The next exciting part is to watch them grow up. I will be needing help with the selections once they mature.

Hi Twelve12 hows it going looks like yourve been busy hehe , had trouble with my camera so i didnt bother updating my last grow anyway just drop in to tell you im waiting on some G13 feminised,OG kush fem ,pineapple express fem, and a normal G13 x hashplant seeds.
i ordered last week so hope there here mon or tuesday .
i will be doing what your doing xcrossing them and with a bit of luck the G13x hashplant would be a nice male but i have some hammer x afghani pollen in fridge ;) just in case .

p.s i allways seed 2 budds :)

Update: Red Dragon X Grapefruit Diesel = Torque

Introducing Torque (F1). Got 5 seeds from one bud site. Small seeds, veins like skin texture hope these offer wide range of unique traits.

frame016.jpg
frame19.jpg

What's next?
Grow out 3 seeds and save 2 for future production. Then cross the F1 to get F2. If they are all females or all male I'll cross it with Firestorm. Hope to get 1 opposite sex from 3 seeds.

Update: Red Dragon X Grapefruit Diesel = Torque

Introducing Torque (F1). Got 5 seeds from one bud site. Small seeds, veins like skin texture hope these offer wide range of unique traits.

frame016.jpg
frame19.jpg

What's next?
Grow out 3 seeds and save 2 for future production. Then cross the F1 to get F2. If they are all females or all male I'll cross it with Firestorm. Hope to get 1 opposite sex from 3 seeds.

Wow! Those are trippy looking seeds! :geek:

Hey Twelve!

Got a quick breeding question for you that is hopefully on topic enough to ask here?

I just found out that my super tall White Rhino plant is MALE! I suspected that it was for awhile mainly because if how tall it is... 9.2 feet from base to main growing tip.

Anyway...The first instinct was to cut it down, but now I am thinking of leaving it on the back hill to pollenate the Purple Urkle and Northern Lights females I have growing next to it.

Question... How far away does a plant need to be to avoid being pollenated by this male plant? Just wondering if I can partially control who gets the pollen and who doesn't. Our winds tend to blow from the South so I assume that anything up wind of the plant would be safe and those in closest proximity or downwind would likely get pollentated?

I have SO MANY Purple Urkles back there that the thought of getting some "Purple Rhino" seeds is kind of neat! :thumb: Just don't want everything back there getting seeds if I can avoid it.

You are one of the most knowledeable growers I know up here when it comes to breeding and seed production, so I just came in from the back hill to ask your opinion!

Hope you don't mind that I posted this question here?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hey GG7! Questions on breeding is welcome here. I'm not an expert just started down on this path Recently.

There's no guarantee that your other females will not get pollinated even with males away from wind direction. It's worth a try. Move your male away from your the unwanted pollination females as far as you can, of course down wind, and place your wanted females right next to the male to act like a pollen net. That way, most of the pollen will land on the females giving not much room for wind to pick up onto its current. If anyone growing outdoor to your proximity your male may get their females pollinated as well.

For the concern of others and your other females, the best method is to trim down the male to a few branches. You don't need the entire tree worth of pollen to make seeds on the entire female plants. One pollen pod is good for one bud site the size of a golf ball. The reason why the males produce so many pods is to increase the odds of successful landing. Same for females with their millions pistils. Having the whole tree 9.2ft high all producing pollen pods are way too much and may risk pollinating yours and others unwanted pollination females.

Once you have the male trimmed, keep a close eye at the remaining branches. When they are open you can cut the branch and comb it over the female plant. Most of the work will be done for you by nature using wind power. However, it's best to brush through the female plants to ensure seed production on every bud sites. Unless you only want to have mix with some seeded buds and sensimilla. Hope you have a few clones of the White Rhino to continue the breeding on different strains or want to stabilize the offspring.

Hey GG7! Questions on breeding is welcome here. I'm not an expert just started down on this path Recently.

There's no guarantee that your other females will not get pollinated even with males away from wind direction. It's worth a try. Move your male away from your the unwanted pollination females as far as you can, of course down wind, and place your wanted females right next to the male to act like a pollen net. That way, most of the pollen will land on the females giving not much room for wind to pick up onto its current. If anyone growing outdoor to your proximity your male may get their females pollinated as well.

For the concern of others and your other females, the best method is to trim down the male to a few branches. You don't need the entire tree worth of pollen to make seeds on the entire female plants. One pollen pod is good for one bud site the size of a golf ball. The reason why the males produce so many pods is to increase the odds of successful landing. Same for females with their millions pistils. Having the whole tree 9.2ft high all producing pollen pods are way too much and may risk pollinating yours and others unwanted pollination females.

Once you have the male trimmed, keep a close eye at the remaining branches. When they are open you can cut the branch and comb it over the female plant. Most of the work will be done for you by nature using wind power. However, it's best to brush through the female plants to ensure seed production on every bud sites. Unless you only want to have mix with some seeded buds and sensimilla. Hope you have a few clones of the White Rhino to continue the breeding on different strains or want to stabilize the offspring.

Cool! Thanks for all the great info!

I will do my best to follow those directions. Guess I need to go trim it down in any event.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted! :)

oh man sounds good i hope everything goes well.
let me know how the
Grapefruit Diesel x Pineapple Express = Firestorm
Grapefruit Diesel x Hammerhead = Seaweed
Grapefruit Diesel x Super Lemon Haze = Jungle Shake
Grapefruit Diesel x Pineapple Chunk = Rewind
Grapefruit Diesel x Cheese = Tropical Cow
Grapefruit Diesel x Vanilla Kush = Downtown Rumble
Grapefruit Diesel x Red Dragon = Torque
Grapefruit Diesel x Tangerine Dream = Grapefruit Dream

let me know how those smokes are lol. going to start you own seed bank lol

Hey SmokingGood61, thanks for stopping by.

Haha, maybe someday when I have a factory or something. The gem is hidden within hundreds of seeds. I can't grow out that many to find it with the space I have now. 10 is the most I can do for this program. Actually the strain list and crosses have changed. I'll update the list tonight.

Back
Top Bottom