LOL I didn't mean " Joint" I was referring to a place.. my wife can't stand the smell and was very pleased with the WC buds.. she said it smelled like regular smoke, not cigarette-ish but just smoke. I even had enough confidence to spark a "J" in a public place in NYC, no one seemed to notice.

Hey twelve as you brought up CBD though id ask u a question on this. isn't this an Anti psychotic people that have scitzophrinia ( sorry about spelling ) prescribed this to help them? I'm sure I also read that this chemical compound is foun in magic shrooms.. This sort of confussed me as on one hand it's supposed to stop you seeing and thinking random shit and the other makes u see random stuff.

I watched a tv documentary that a women was explaining that when cannabis is vaped no CBD is inhaled an this causes a better buzz and can cause you to trip out.

What is CBDs main purpose and what effect does it have on the human body.

Thanks

Hey twelve as you brought up CBD though id ask u a question on this. isn't this an Anti psychotic people that have scitzophrinia ( sorry about spelling ) prescribed this to help them? I'm sure I also read that this chemical compound is foun in magic shrooms.. This sort of confussed me as on one hand it's supposed to stop you seeing and thinking random shit and the other makes u see random stuff.

I watched a tv documentary that a women was explaining that when cannabis is vaped no CBD is inhaled an this causes a better buzz and can cause you to trip out.

What is CBDs main purpose and what effect does it have on the human body.

Thanks

Here's some info on CBD's:

Unlike THC, CBD does not cause sedation nor the standard euphoric effects associated with smoking marijuana. CBD is medically very effective, but has little psychoactive effect. Recently, specific strains have been bred with the intent of maximizing CBDs for those who do not want to feel euphoric or sedated, but require the medicinal effects of marijuana.

Now to be honest here, many of us are in reasonably good health and enjoy the euphoric effects of smoking marijuana. But, some folks do not. Perhaps those who are living out their final days would like to experience the alievating effects of marijuana without feeling groggy or medicated. This is what high CBD strains are used for.

The folks at Harborside Collective have this to say on the subject:

On the other hand, cannabis patients who want the anti-spasm or anti-inflammatory effects of cannabis delievered without an accompanying "high" might prefer a high-CBD strain. High-CBD cannabis is potentially effective, according to European and Israeli researchers, in easing the symptoms of rhumatoid arthritis, diabetes, nausea, and inflammatory bowel disorders, among other difficult-to-control conditions.

It is no surprise to me, that with the proliferation of legal medical marijuana and the social and legal decriminalization of the plant, there are amazing innovations being created to amplify the beneficial effects.

High CBD Marijuana Strains
-Harlequin
-Black Domina
-Women's Collective Stinky Purple
-Full Spectrum TB x OGK
-Sour Tsunami
-Harlequin
-Omrita Rx3
-Jamaican Lion
-Cannatonic
-Juanita la Lagrimosa
-Misty
-Good Medicine
-Maz's CheeseDowntown Diesel
-Cotton Candy x Diesel
-Sugaree x Blue Diesel
-SFVR-4
-Bubblegum Kush
-Intensive Care OG
-Kush
-Kushage
-Soma A+
-Stinky Purple
-Poison OG
-Granny Durkel
-Wu#1
-Phenom Phen
-Purple Diesel
-Silver Dragon
-Monkey Balls
-F5 Manawell
-Sweet SF x OG
-Black Queen

2 Mr. Krip - Awesome info Mr. Krip thanks for sharing that. I just got the Black Domina and glad to see it on the list of having high CBD to THC ratio.

2 GodSpeed - Some info I've read on CBD.

"Cannabidiol - CBD

Cannabidiol - CBD also occurs in almost all strains. Concentration range from none, to about 95 percent of the total cannabinoids present. THC and CBD are the two most abundant naturally occurring cannabinoids. CBD is not psychotomimetic in the pure form, although it does have sedative, analgesic, and antibiotic properties.

In order for CBD to affect the high, THC must be present in quantities ordinarily psychoactive. CBD can contribute to the high by interacting with THC to potentiate (enhance) or antagonize (interfere or lessen) certain qualities of the high.

CBD appears to potentiate the depressant effects of THC and antagonize is excitatory effects. CBD also delays the onset of the high but can make it last considerably longer (as much as twice as long). The kind of grass that takes a while to come on but keeps coming on.

Opinions are conflicting as to whether it increases or decreases the intensity of the high, intensity and high being difficult to define. Terms such as knock-out or sleepy, dreamlike, or melancholic are often used to describe the high from grass with sizeable proportions of CBD and THC.

When only small amounts of THC are present with high proportions of CBD, the high is more of a buzz, and the mind feels dull and the body de-energized."

More info on scitzophrinia and Cannabis can be found in this article.

Basically I want a medicine for both day and night, helps with the creativity while heals the body. High THC strain for the day to get the gears going and high CBD at night to lock in the gears and make repairs. Right now I have lots of high THC and little CBD buds, often cannot sleep with a racing mind. High CBD strain is sought after for good night sleep and medical reprograming.

Thanks twelve and mr Krip excellent info guess i should of known this already will continue to research on this very interesting. It makes perfect sence why this would benefit medical users and think this is something I should take into consideration wile picking my strains in the future so thanks for a lone up of high CBD strains :D

I guess this is somthing that you could bring into your breeding programme twelve how would this be tested to see if cbd has been passed through generation and would this be a hard procedure to carry out?

Wait, I want to clarify a mistake in the data here a little. CBD's are present in vaporized Cannabis. There is a difference though. When you smoke cannabis, all CBD's are consumed - it's the nature of it. You are burning it all, and you get it all.

When you vaporize, CBD's specifically, vaporize at different temperatures. So if you vaporize, it makes sense to vaporize at different temperatures to get "all" of the CBD's. I use a whip style vaporizer and I vary inhalation to vary temperature of vaporization, for example, to maximize CBD intake. No doubt, you get more CBD's more easily and more quickly smoking it, but smoking it isn't nearly as healthy. Progressive hits will also get you more of the compounds within Cannabis - something like this:

A reviewer on another website did some research and made this determination regarding cannabis that has been progressively vaporized wit a Volcano (and it sounds right to me as a regular vape user):

1. Aromatics and partial decarboxylation of THCA
2. Gradual boil off of THC while CBDA is progressively decarboxylized
3. Most THC gone while CBD/CBN progressivley boils off

By about bag 2 or 3 the THC has been reduced enough where future bags are effectively giving you a different ratio of cannabinoids than the strain exhibits. So mid to late bags will give you a higher ratio of CBD/CBN to THC, and virtually none of the aromatics (which seem to play a significant role). I find the aromatics and high THC give more of that Sativa head high, with some anxiety, whereas low aromatics and low ratio of THC to CBD gives me immense pain relief, anti-spasmodic, anxiolytic heavy body stone.

EDIT - sorry for the continued highjacking of your thread 12/12...

I guess this is somthing that you could bring into your breeding programme twelve how would this be tested to see if cbd has been passed through generation and would this be a hard procedure to carry out?

Right now I have couple of high CBD strains; 1024, Hammerhead (White Rhino x Medicine Man), and Black Domina (Afghani Indica x Canadian Ortega and Northern Lights x Hash Plant). So by crossing for hybrid and/or inbreed could bring out the high CBD content. Higher than the parent.

The level of CBD to THC ratio cannot be determined accurately without proper laboratory testing. Pick the two different strains or same strain with high CBD and cross them. Then test the offsprings (F1) for high CBD and compare it back to the P1 result to see if it's higher/lower, cross that back to the P1 (with highest CBD ratio to THC) or inbreed for F2 (high CBD to THC) to increase the odds of having high CBD. More or less based on the available genetic spectrum per generation. Clones from P1 and F1 must be kept in veg for more breeding since we cannot know the level CBD until after the cured buds.

Dominant high CBD strain X Dominant high CBD strain:
Cc x Cc
CC x CC
Cc x CC
CC x Cc

Will create dominant CBD strains; CC x CC

Unfortunately, I live in the pyramids so it's difficult and can only judge it through traditional method; smoke and take notes on the effect. Going with strains with high CBD gives breeders a good start down high CBD path.

Great info X! Didn't know that temperature play important role in burnability of natural chemicals within the herb, especially CBD. Contributing is not hijacking. :} I like the fact that we can all pieces of the puzzle together.

Well, for those that vaporize and have experimented a little, I bet this adds up some. I noticed right away that my buzz was different from smoking, and was also affected differently by early hits vs. late hits. Partially, this might be because I often share, and I prefer early bowls to late bowls for the flavor, and my wife prefers late bowls. I notice we started getting slightly different effects and swapped/compared. Now, we do smaller bowls and finish them ourselves for a more "complete" high.

I have been refining my canna-oil for cooking a while now, and similar principles apply. In that case, there are a lot of tricks to getting the max THC and CBD from herb into oil, then into us. You can make edibles without ALL the tricks, but you'll be missing some of the CBD, for example. I now use multiple oils as they absorb these compounds differently and more or less effectively from one another, etc. :)

Combustion by flame is probably the only way to always get allof the CBD, but ick. I used to love it, now I almost exclusively vape as it doesn't taste as good to me smoked anymore.

Gas Lantern Routine

Update: Gas Lantern Routine

Right now I'm experimenting with the Gas Lantern Routine for both plants in veg and bloom. The veg plants will get 12 hours on and 1 hour in the middle of the 12 hours off will provide a more healthy plants with faster growth rate than traditional 18/6 or even 24/0 (never use this cycle). The more rest the plant has it can outgrow plants under 18/6. The plants will flower with 12 hours on! Yes but if we include the 1 hour of light during the 12 hours off then plant is tricked to remain in veg mode. Results in explosive growth while saving some electricity cost.

The veg. phase

12 hours ON
5.5 hours OFF
1 hour ON
5.5 hours OFF
and repeat until you wish to flower.

The flowering phase:

12 hours on 12 hours off for 1st two weeks

After 14 days you decrease the plant's light by a half hour every week so that the last week of flowering the plant is only receiving 9 hours of light and 15 hours of darkness. Longer darkness will provide more trichome production.

MG_1697.jpg
MG_1695.jpg
MG_1696.jpg

Update on this new use of 12-1 next Thrusday. We're keeping an eye on the Pineapple Express as the primary sample and the overall growth coverage of the tent.

Great update. Gas Lantern Routine, eh? Gonna have to follow this one closely. Very interesting! :popcorn:

Oh, and I thought MY tent looked busy. ;)

Busy indeed, it'll be for the clone army. The weather is still hot and don't want to fry the plants. Lights are on during the night now. Also saving some electricity putting the saving towards more grow stuff. Researched this technique and it works. The article is also posted in a published grow magazine.

I'm anxious to hear how this works out. I hope you don't hermie all those great looking plants! :goodluck:

We're anxious together. More risky for me though, then again it shouldn't have problems I've seen this technique used on many grows journals (from other sites) and none experienced hermie or growth issue. Since the plants are still in veg the 1hr in darkness will not lead to hermaphroditism. When the plants are in flower and shown bud development, any lights during the dark hours will provoke hermaphroditism. So it's safe with this technique.

I'll probably log on tomorrow and you will have a new lab too. lol

That would be a dream comes true! Time to buy some lottery tickets...

Thanks everyone think I'm going to add another strain to my grow undecided yet. Some realy good info here think a book should be made from forum posts and threads sure it would be best seller!

Try different strains until you find the ones that loves your grow environment and appreciate your skills. Indica or indica dominant hybrid is great for the indoor. Haha yea have all the grow info, diy projects in one book would be great. Also books on shootout nute additives can will be helpful, which ones works at modest price vs the ones only out to make big bucks from repacking simple ingredients.

Is this light routine from DJ short ? He hinted on such in that article in your blog, but did not go into specifics. The hour on in the middle of the night is new to me. It makes sense though. Still watching and learning. Good luck with this.

Don't think it's from DJ Short. The Gas Lantern Routine is from some college botanical book, not sure the name of the book and the edition but recently this technique was used on Cannabis. It's a strange concept though many growers were brave enough to test it out and had great findings. It worked for them, haven't read a journal that did not work or with hermie problem while under the routine.

DJ Short did mentioned reducing the 12/12 with 1/2 hour at a time starting with 11.5 on / 12.5 off. I think it's a hint too that he may be using this technique as is or have his own solid on/off for veg/bloom.

Im intrigued by this gas lantern method. if it can promote faster growth AND save electricity, im totally game. I cant wait to see results from your experiment. Ahhhhhh i love looking at your veg room. All that variety. Totally awesome!

Back
Top Bottom