Yo, Ill def document my dry/cure process for you, seeing as your going to have the same strain and all. I dry and cure throughout taking turns so maybe it will be good.

Looking great - the effort you put into your pictures really shows!

Those plants have such beautiful green tint to them. Your garden looks very healthy!

:welldone:

Thanks 420fied! Hope to keep them that way. Very happy with it.

yes they're so green, the stems are exactly the same color as the leaves. I'm in to see how the light schedule works out, I might adopt it myself if you notice better growth. My 2 600's are starting to eat at my electric bill, I like to keep costs as low as possible.

Hey TCK! These are the plants a day before the start of GLR. Couple of plants are ill in the back.
MG_1697.jpg

7 days later. Health increased due to more resting hours.
MG_1782.jpg

The growth is crazy fast can't wait for next week update. I'll be taking some clones but that will not slow down the growth. 13hrs (12-1)of light for veg daily, oppose to the 18hrs savin 5hrs a day x 7 = 35hrs of electricity saved on the 2x600w should put a lot of cash back in your wallet. By the end of the month you'll have a better idea weather or not to adopt the routine.

Hey 12 looking good.
I switched my veg room over to this photoperiod today.... Lets hope less is more :thumb:

I have been doing a little work "air layering" as well I will post some pics and my ideas in my thread. You didnt talk much about your attempt...any thought to share?

Congrats on making the switch to the Gas Lantern Routine. I'll check out your grow to see the growth! Your plants are already green and healthy they will only get better.

About air layering, it was a fail for me I did not do it right. I made the cut too deep causes the xylem to break and unable to transfer nutrients from the host plant. I have not retry since having the DIY aero up and running.

The Gas Lantern Routine is very interesting! I know other people have said but those plants are very GREEN!!! :bravo:

Thanks Closet Farmer. I don't think I can go back to the traditional 18/6 or 24/0 (the worse veg photoperiod) after this.

Nice. I want to see how that Gas lantern routine thing works. I've heard a little about it but never seen any results. Cant wait to see them after a couple of weeks.

Thanks Dipez. Stay tunes for end of this month. After that, you'll see more growers adopting this routine.

Yo, Ill def document my dry/cure process for you, seeing as your going to have the same strain and all. I dry and cure throughout taking turns so maybe it will be good.

Looking great - the effort you put into your pictures really shows!

Thanks RickyW, appreciate that. I'll compare my C99 grow with yours to see if I'm on the right track.

Thanks RickyW, appreciate that. I'll compare my C99 grow with yours to see if I'm on the right track.

Nooo, lol dont compare my grow to yours haha!

Update: Cheese - Test Bud

frame018.jpg
frame110.jpg
frame212.jpg

Testing out a small piece (0.02g) of Cheese, currently flowering in the closet scrog with Hammerhead (test results in 1 week). Hung dry in a cool closet with the door cracked, natural room ventilation. Little dry on the outside while the stem is still soft, in 4 days then jar it, been 2 days, and the bud is nice and dry holding its shape. Went from 2g bud to 0.5g. It's still curing, burp once a day.

who's the breeder for that cheese? Never tried it, but I have one from dinafem going now, real excited to try it out. that bud has some nice trich coverage, how much longer till you harvest it?

Dinafem is the breeder. Only got 1 seed from them so I have to keep the strain going clone only. Hope to get a male from other strain to cross it with this one. It'll be finish in 2-4 weeks. Passed the advertised flowering time. Mostly because it was suffering from heat stress and nute burn so that eat up some of the flowering time. Like to have the bud get more dense before harvesting. The patients going to love this strain. Give it a grow!

:nicethread::drool: You're one busy grower..Plus reps brother.

Thanks Siscokid.

Your plants look extremely healthy Twelve!

That gas lantern routine is very interesting. I've read about it before, but this is the first actual report I've seen. Good job, plus rep!

Thanks yarddog. I'm not the first. There is another journal documenting the Gas lantern Routine but it's on another forum by a grower name Yoda with a complete start to finish, have to search for it.

I'm sold on this photoperiod, and I can see its magic. By the end of this month it will be the 4th week under the routine people can see the results. I hope growers adopt this photoperiod to give more life to their veg plants, and save big bucks in electricity bills.

wow going pro huh! nice clean healthy set up. love the clone idea hope it works for yah!

Thanks yarddog.
I'm sold on this photoperiod, and I can see its magic. By the end of this month it will be the 4th week under the routine people can see the results. I hope growers adopt this photoperiod to give more life to their veg plants, and save big bucks in electricity bills.

I'm sold on it as well!

One reason being-I switched to 18/6 vs 24/0 for veg when I bought my MH bulb. My plants and I live together so noise is an issue at night. I could run cfls or floros 24/0, but I have to have fans on with my HID light. Anyway...I've noticed better growth and generally healthier looking plants with that dark period. After seeing how lush yours are on that even shorter light schedule makes me want to try it next time around.
:goodjob: :popcorn:

I'll catch up with ya on that rep. Seems you've impressed me so much, I have to rep others before I can rep you again :bravo:

Dinafem is the breeder. Only got 1 seed from them so I have to keep the strain going clone only. Hope to get a male from other strain to cross it with this one. It'll be finish in 2-4 weeks. Passed the advertised flowering time. Mostly because it was suffering from heat stress and nute burn so that eat up some of the flowering time. Like to have the bud get more dense before harvesting. The patients going to love this strain. Give it a grow!

nice bro its the same singe cheese freebie I got myself, glad to see what it will look like, I should have some cheese flowers in a couple months :bong:

wow going pro huh! nice clean healthy set up. love the clone idea hope it works for yah!

Thanks gittergreen! Still homemade not yet pro. :}

I'm sold on it as well!

One reason being-I switched to 18/6 vs 24/0 for veg when I bought my MH bulb. My plants and I live together so noise is an issue at night. I could run cfls or floros 24/0, but I have to have fans on with my HID light. Anyway...I've noticed better growth and generally healthier looking plants with that dark period. After seeing how lush yours are on that even shorter light schedule makes me want to try it next time around.
:goodjob: :popcorn:

I'll catch up with ya on that rep. Seems you've impressed me so much, I have to rep others before I can rep you again :bravo:

All living things needs rest my friend. Good call on the switch to 18/6 from 24/0. I've used both in the pass and 24/0 is far the worst. Starting out in growing didn't know much better. Now, with more understanding to photoperiod I'm pushing the plants further under the Gas Lantern Routine. 2x growth from 18/6. I'll keep updating till the end (for those who may not see it yet) on how effective the routine is. Appreciate the kind words. Keep it green.

nice bro its the same singe cheese freebie I got myself, glad to see what it will look like, I should have some cheese flowers in a couple months :bong:

Sweet! With BPN nute it'll be a great grow. I started with Fox Farm then switched to Maxibloom, and now BPN all different nutes for Cheese. The clone in 2L is getting only BPN and will be better than the ones I'm about to harvest.

That cheese test bud is awesome looking:bravo:

Thanks R2MNot! It's been awhile since I enter any nug for the NOTM contest. This will be for Nov NOTM entry, still got 2 more weeks to go before the harvest. Letting it fatten up a bit more.

Update: Weird leaf coloration

MG_1831.jpg

Anyone know what the bright yellow part of the leaf means? This is on Pineapple Chunk (clone). Also increased the PPM to 1000 for older plants, and 800 for younger plants, and 600 for seedling. Tried researching on this all day but no avail...

These are still under the Gas Lantern Routine light cycle. Update the experiment in two days, completing their 2nd week under the routine.

Update: Weird leaf coloration

MG_1831.jpg

Anyone know what the bright yellow part of the leaf means? This is on Pineapple Chunk (clone). Also increased the PPM to 1000 for older plants, and 800 for younger plants, and 600 for seedling. Tried researching on this all day but no avail...

These are still under the Gas Lantern Routine light cycle. Update the experiment in two days, completing their 2nd week under the routine.

I'd see if Stevehman has seen anything like this before. He's been growing LOTS of PChunk and knows his stuff!

Oh, Oh! :thedoubletake:

I did some quick research on this and it MAY be early signs of fusarium wilt, which can be a REAL problem! Start researching ASAP!!! :goodluck:

EDIT: I've done some additional research on this, and I don't think it is fusarium (thank God!!!) but, just to be safe you may want to check it out. I believe if you cut the leaf at the stem, Fusarium will show as dark brown or black "gunk" in the stem. Else, I'd check for some PH imbalance.

Back
Top Bottom