dood what else can I say, pictures are amazing, creativity is everywhere, buds are sick, you are the man.

I may have to go out and buy some 3d glasses, looks cool without lol

Very interested to see how the water cure goes.

:drool: :drool: :clap: :clap:

Im intrigued by this gas lantern method. if it can promote faster growth AND save electricity, im totally game. I cant wait to see results from your experiment. Ahhhhhh i love looking at your veg room. All that variety. Totally awesome!

By mid-October we'll know for sure. The plants are doing great. Of course I'm still taking clones from it so they may not seem to grow but they are. I'll take some pics before taking some cuttings and after for comparison. The new growth should jump out within few days. Love variety, it's the spice of life! Thanks man.

Can I just say: Freaking cool! I really want to see this work in action (Gas Lantern routine). :cheer:

Haha it is great. Stay tunes...

Awesome looking jungle brother you always know how to experiment with different techniques looks great keep up the good work brother

Thanks Crower!

dood what else can I say, pictures are amazing, creativity is everywhere, buds are sick, you are the man.

I may have to go out and buy some 3d glasses, looks cool without lol

Very interested to see how the water cure goes.

Thanks RickyW! I'm just having fun. The water cure is good for not so perfect buds. Wouldn't want to do it on a top quality nugs though.

i thought i commented a day or two ago and i dont see nothin, hmmm must of not posted it, other then that your doin good job man, i also cant wait to see them water cured buds and how they turned out!!!

i thought i commented a day or two ago and i dont see nothin, hmmm must of not posted it, other then that your doin good job man, i also cant wait to see them water cured buds and how they turned out!!!

Yeah it happens. Internet black hole often swallow up postings. Water cured has been reviewed. Check it out.

oh ok yea i seen that, can you post a pic of a whole bud, sorry never seen it before..

IMG_17531.jpg
IMG_17541.jpg

Not the best I've harvested. Need to work on my drying and curing skills. Had to water cured because it dried out too fast and the smoke was harsh so the water cure came to the rescue. Smoked with one of my patients the other day, and they had some dank stuff, that's where I need to get my nugs at.

Those buds still look like a great time. :welldone:

thats what i was gonna say, they still look good!!!

Haha, thanks. I'll smoke to that! Though, I still need to step up my game for the up coming harvest. Testing out some different drying technique before the harvest end of the month. I got some sample nugs from Pineapple Chunk for the test drying, sure smells delicious!

Hey Twelve,

Ive only been growing for about 8 months now but this last grow and the previous one I think I have the greatest curing method down if you have the patience and time for it. What I did was cut down the branches and fully trim them, then dry them for 2-3 days depending on thickness. With the branches still pretty rubbery i slightly squeeze the buds and feel for a SLIGHT moisture, but before they even start turning crispy on the outside. I cut the buds off the branches and threw them into QT jars about half full. I close the lid then lightly shake the jar (not too hard but LIGHTLY as to not hurt the trichs) to make them flat on one side. of the jar and not stacked up to half full, understand? anyways I leave them like that for 12 hours then open the jars and keep them right side up again and stored in a small wooden cabinet. let them sit there for another day then close the jar another 12 hours and repeat. the next time you close the jars, you will keep them closed and open them for about 20 minutes every 8ish hours and just keep decreasing frequency and duration of jar openings until you see fit, while moving the buds around every few jar openings.

Sounds pretty similar to the usual method and it is. I just emphasize putting them in the jars when theyre still kinda wet to let them marinate in their own aroma and flavor. the dry will only take a couple days but the cure takes at leas a month. since the jars are only half full and laying on their sides, when theyre open more air can pass through, and when theyre closed, they dont have many clausterphobic buds that are staying moist for too long, and keeping the jars in a small wooden cabinet will make sure that the moisture that escapes keeps the cabinet humidity relatively moist so that you dont have to worry about the buds overdrying while the jars are open. The long slow cure with the buds just marinating made the P chunks I grew an incredibly tasty smoke and the high was money. they look great, too, they stay real green but lose any hint of that chlorophyll mint.

Again, this is what works for me, and in my area. If mold and humidity is a big issue in your area you might want to let them dry a little longer. but just make sure you air out them jars every so often, because Im sure youve probably let slightly moist bud sit in the jar too long and got that smell. many know what im talking about im sure. then you dry it a little more and it smells like hay and its extra crispy. Gives you the effects with a strange taste i guess.

anyhow I hope this helps you if you consider giving it a try.

O one more thing. I didnt really want to go back and look for a place to put this soooooo: temps were at 68-80

Small Update:

• I love the smell of Cheese. It has that sweet stink a bit of citrus, rotten fruit. Testing out a different drying technique and really get this down before harvesting end of the month. Hanging in the dark closet with the door cracked, the room window is open for cold fresh air. After few days then put it in a jar to start the curing. The nug is quite dense, small popcorn size weight at 2g. After dried probably weight 0.5 - 1g
  • We just entered the optimal window of growing; cold weather. From here on out I have at least 6-7 months of dense and increased yield grows. I'll just veg for the entire Summer of 2012 after what I went through this Summer. Glad it was over. I was living in hell literally.
  • Black Domina strain sprouted! It's regular seed (expensive one I might add) so hope for a male would like to cross this genetic with other strains in the collection. If it's a female I'll set her up with the 2L SOG! Heard great things about this strain, and friends/patients asking for stronger hits...soon they will get some good whipping from Black Domina!
  • Adding few more strains to the collection. Just got lucky to aquire Cinderella 99 (history on C99), Pre-98 Bubba and I hope to cross those once I find a suitable male from 100% indica strain. They're great strain by themselves, but I like to see what other genetics hidden within these gems as C99 was a hidden gem in Jack Herer.
  • Oh man, the veg tent is so green! They are so healthy! I'll update the Gas Latern Routine (12-1 cycle) on Thursday, which will be the 1st official week of growing under the new light cycle. Just thought I provide some quick update on that.
  • Also I'm experimenting with a different rooting method. I still have the DIY aero going, love it. Thought it's time for another experiment using 5gal bucket with water 1/2 way, have some airstone in the water (like bubbler) but I'll have the clones in neoprene floating on top, with the stems in the water and see how long it will take to root. When buying the neoprene they come attached to the original piece, so use that to hold them in place. Was thinking about building another DIY aero but realized I don't have that much space, the 5gal bucket is much smaller. More details on this soon...

Update: Gas Lantern Routine - Week 1 results

To recap the Gas Lantern Routine; basically it uses 12/12 photoperiod with 1hr on in the dark hours, for veg. Goes like this.

• 12hrs on
  • 5.5hrs off
  • 1hr on
  • 5.5 off
  • repeat

These plants are under 600w MH and as you can see the differences 7 days ago and now. Explosive growth, very green and healthy plants.

None of the the tops have pistils/balls showing, yet. Of course I can't say this method works just yet since it takes a couple of weeks to show sex in bloom. But these are not in bloom. The 1hr in the middle of dark hours stopped them from flowering. These are my veg plants with mothers, clones, and seedlings. The GSL method should provide rapid growth, increased plants health, and saves electricity.

To give this a fair run, well continue this till the end of October before making conclusion to keep or trash this light cycle. If the plants were to bloom they would by the end of the month, that's 4 weeks after the switch, fair? I have confident that this method works based on the published article on Gas Lantern Routine and seeing from other growers (out there in the world wide).

MG_1782.jpg
MG_1784.jpg
MG_1786.jpg
MG_1789.jpg
MG_1790.jpg
MG_1793.jpg

I don't mind risking my plants to do a complete report on GLR. The worse thing could happen is I'll have a lot of plants in bloom. The best thing could happen is having green and healthy plants with rapid growth, and saves electricity. To think of it, flowering plants is part of the plan, B. I welcome Whichever way this swing.

Also like to give credit to the amazing grow due to using Blue Planet Nutrients (2 Parts).

Next update (on Gas Lantern Routine run) on Thrusday 10.13.11

yes they're so green, the stems are exactly the same color as the leaves. I'm in to see how the light schedule works out, I might adopt it myself if you notice better growth. My 2 600's are starting to eat at my electric bill, I like to keep costs as low as possible.

To recap the Gas Lantern Routine; basically it uses 12/12 photoperiod with 1hr on in the dark hours, for veg. Goes like this.

• 12hrs on
  • 5.5hrs off
  • 1hr on
  • 5.5 off
  • repeat

Hey 12 looking good.
I switched my veg room over to this photoperiod today.... Lets hope less is more :thumb:

I have been doing a little work "air layering" as well I will post some pics and my ideas in my thread. You didnt talk much about your attempt...any thought to share?

The Gas Lantern Routine is very interesting! I know other people have said but those plants are very GREEN!!! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom