Hmmmm water curing... Ive never heard of it.. And with how much ive read just goes to show you can always learn something new. Im on my way to go research, ill be back for the report.

Oh ok i was so high earlier confussed myself ;) I have to respect you big time bro you give so many methods a try and share it with the comunity takes alot of time and effort you have much love to help everyone learn! :thanks:

Do you live in a 10 bed house i swear you must have plants in every corner of your house my miss's would go wild if i had as much as you going on shes already telling me i should marry a blunt.... Ohhh mary jane... :love:

Holyroot what i understand of the whole process of curing is alow the chlorophyll in the weed time to diminish and give you a smother taste, less harsh on the throat and an enjoyable high to kick back to. :D I have read that the Cannabinoids in marijuana are also activated after being left in air tight containers so can increase potency too.

Think of it as a fine red wine or a cheese these things cant be rushed.

I may well be incorrect as i an still an amature learning!

Hmmmm water curing... Ive never heard of it.. And with how much ive read just goes to show you can always learn something new. Im on my way to go research, ill be back for the report.

Awesome, let us know what you discover. The room is too hot to air dry so water curing was my only option. Can't air cure it other parts of the house, the odor will give it away, and with a scrubber going it makes a lot of noise. We have guest over all the time so stealthiness is the key.

Oh ok i was so high earlier confussed myself ;) I have to respect you big time bro you give so many methods a try and share it with the comunity takes alot of time and effort you have much love to help everyone learn! :thanks:

Do you live in a 10 bed house i swear you must have plants in every corner of your house my miss's would go wild if i had as much as you going on shes already telling me i should marry a blunt.... Ohhh mary jane... :love:

Thank you :Namaste:
I've found the methods that works for me now going to stick to it. Haha I wish the whole house is for growing, 3 stories each is a plant's stage; veg, bloom, and breeding. That would be nice...someday! All the plants you see are in one room we call it the storage room no one goes in, light sealed.

Holyroot what i understand of the whole process of curing is alow the chlorophyll in the weed time to diminish and give you a smother taste, less harsh on the throat and an enjoyable high to kick back to. :D I have read that the Cannabinoids in marijuana are also activated after being left in air tight containers so can increase potency too.

Think of it as a fine red wine or a cheese these things cant be rushed.

I may well be incorrect as i an still an amature learning!

You're correct!

Sorry If this has allready been asked or answered, What is the benefit of curing, Other then no smell when curing? :Namaste:

Pro
- Stealthy (no odors or fan noise while curing)
- Smoother smoke in short amount of time while waiting for the rest of your air curing buds to gain flavor.
- THC Potency seem to increased
- White ash
- Healthy method (water leached all the nasties out)

Con
- No odor
- No flavor
- No bag appeal
- Weight less than air cured buds

Water cure is not for commercial grower. It's for individual who is after the THC content, healthy and smooth smoke, who does not want the roommate/neighbors/friends/family know they have an once in the pocket lol.

That's cool, I wonder if you could add flavor to the water say for example: Root beer.

If you add Root beer flavor to the curing jars with water, Would the flavor be absorbed to the buds and you get that nice Root beer smell and taste? Not saying I dream about Root beer buds, But think of the possibility's.

That's a good idea. Hmmm root beer...cream soda...you name it! Food flavoring like Vanilla extract could be used with water curing to give it some artificial taste. Since, water curing itself removed the original flavors.

I'll try this on some nugs to see how it goes and report back tomorrow for some details. Letting them sit for 24hrs. Some buds really stinks, there are good stinks and there are unwanted ones. Often times I just wanted the THC potency not the smell so if this method works we'll be able to add our own flavors using the water cured nugs as the base. There are so many flavors that we could add. Of course it will not measure up to the real thing. It will take awhile to grow out the real thing, so this will be the alternative.

I'm on the water curing bandwagon now. Mold forced me into it. Now I have tight smooth smoking buds with almost no smell. Anyone that has issues with odor at drying time could benefit with this method very stealthy. :thanks:

Sorry to hear you had mold. You're right, water cure does offer stealthiness. Ninja growers had to water cure theirs. Imagine hiding in the shadows with dank ass nugs, they'll be discovered.

Good points Twelve! Some additional notes on water curing:

There is a gain in potency (depending on how you measure). The reason is one you stated as a "con", which is that you lose more weight with a water cure. So 1 g of water cured bud is equivalent to something like 1.2 g (for example) of air dried. Hence, the increase in potency PER WEIGHT with no actual increase in the potency of the tricomes.

I'll also add that a lot of people like to cook with water cured meds instead of air cured since it doesn't alter the taste of the food as much.

I don't believe adding flavor is going to help much, but I'm interested in hearing your experience.

IMHO, if you're a "connesoir" and like the taste, water curing should be used only to salvage a crop that's gone moldy, or for "stealth" smoking. I wouldn't take perfectly good meds and water cure them with the hopes of improving anything else.

Update: Water Cure Smoke Report - Pineapple Express

frame017.jpg
frame211.jpg

Bag Appeal: _____2/10
Fragrance: ______1/10
Smooth: ________8.5/10
Flavor: _________1/10
Duration: _______4hrs (from 0.5g)
Munchies: ______4/10
Cerebral: _______8/10
Couchlock: ______4/10
Relaxation: ______8.5/10
Paranoia: _______3/10
Sex Drive: ______8/10
Pain relief: ______7.5/10
Anxiety Relief: ___8/10

Hey 144 (12 twelves...) - ;)

Nice smoke report, and awesome pics as always. I'm keeping the water cure method, in my back pocket in case I ever have mold, I've seen it save a whole lot of bud around here for more than one grower who had an unfortunate mold issue. I like the smell too much to water cure, lol.

Hey X, for sure. Water cure is excellent way to salvage buds that are moldy, airy with no fragrance (I had that), or from a dying plant. Not recommended for regular healthy nugs. I'll water cure 1/8th of the next harvest just so I have something to smoke while waiting for the rest to air dry properly.

Update: Water Cure Smoke Report - Pineapple Express

Bag Appeal: _____2/10
Fragrance: ______1/10
Smooth: ________8.5/10
Flavor: _________1/10
Duration: _______4hrs (from 0.5g)
Munchies: ______4/10
Cerebral: _______8/10
Couchlock: ______4/10
Relaxation: ______8.5/10
Paranoia: _______3/10
Sex Drive: ______8/10
Pain relief: ______7.5/10
Anxiety Relief: ___8/10

^^^^^^ that is just (I hate using this word) AWESOME smoke report, do mind if I borrow those? :thumb:
very nice job as always! :high-five:

:peace:

Water cure is the way to go with less than perfect bud. Lots of water changes and a little h202 can speed it up. If you use h202 dont cap them tight and exspect some bubble over.

I have always wanted to drop in a lemon slice or something on the last day to put a little flavor back in...might try that next time.

I'm not big on water curing but I will be happy to check out your pics and watch you grow, subscribed.

Thanks for checking in Mr Smith!

Plus rep Twelve :thumb: for your advice on water curing.

I'm currently water curing some buds from a plant that was stricken by powdery mildew deep in the buds.

Keep up the great work with your grows, and the awesome pics!

Thanks for the props. How is your WC doing?

^^^^^^ that is just (I hate using this word) AWESOME smoke report, do mind if I borrow those? :thumb:
very nice job as always! :high-five:

:peace:

I love the word "Awesome" haha don't be afraid to use it often. Sure you can borrow it. I'll incorporate the smoke report directly in the pics next time. Also added more details; Heart Rate, Eye Redness, etc...

Couchlock + sex drive = suck it bitch! Haha sorry couldn't resist twelve.

Nice report twelve guess it could be good for a vapouriser.

Oh my! Thanks for reminding me to bring some for my next orgy party. Yes, it'll be great for the vape.

Water cure is the way to go with less than perfect bud. Lots of water changes and a little h202 can speed it up. If you use h202 dont cap them tight and exspect some bubble over.

I have always wanted to drop in a lemon slice or something on the last day to put a little flavor back in...might try that next time.

Hey R2MNot, haven't use h202 yet but the lemon slice sounds refreshing. I'll try that today got a jar is finishing up. Thanks for the idea.

Did yo notice that WC bud don't stink up the joint like reg. herb? Great pics by the way.. :bravo:

Hey Siscokid, It has been awhile since the last joint. Been doing bong rips and just one good hit I'm set for 4-5hrs...They don't stink at all, smooth smoke, breathing white air.

Back
Top Bottom