Two Fast Bud Girl Scout Cookies In 5 Gallon Pots - Newbie 3rd Grow - Advice Welcome!

Re: Two Fast Bud GirlScoutCookies In 5 Gallon Pots - Newbie 3rd Grow - Advice Welcome

dd95771f33a0696ee5f401a09fba1cba.jpg
here's a close up of gsc ( B) I tuck her leafs to hope to get a somewhat even canopy with her

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using 420

Re: Two Fast Bud GirlScoutCookies In 5 Gallon Pots - Newbie 3rd Grow - Advice Welcome

Well, an auto will only get so big in reality when it comes down to its grow conditions. The veg period is only 3 to 4 weeks on most and then they flower by themselves, but would make for a nice and easy perpetual grow! Feminized are always nice to go with in my opinion as well. Unless you are into cloning, breeding and collecting pollen then regular seeds are great. This way we don't have to worry about males and wasting our time and resources on something that we aren't going to keep..

Some people prefer topping so that they can top again on the new branches that sprout up. But with autos it's hard to do so if you are looking to get more than 2 main colas where their veg period is so short. But as you can see in that thread I linked for your ya, topping can also do amazing things. When it comes to FIMing, I would say in my opinion that it would be less stressful to do this. You can cut or pinch for this method, I preferred to cut so I knew what I got. I separated the new growth first so I could see how far down in there the main stem was. Find some nice and sharp, small scissors (be sure to clean them) and try to get in there at that new growth just a smidgen above the top node and clip her off. Eventually you will start to see swelling points right at the node below the cut and 2 new shoots will grow here. Then after a while longer 2 more shoots will start to develop at the area that was cut. The idea is to just cut enough off the top of the main stem in between the new growth so that it wont keep making new growth grow straight up, instead it branches off in 2 shoots to the side instead of one straight up.

Hope this made sense, I just came back from the garage so I am a little medicated now :)

Makes sense and I did check out a few pages of that thread and it is amazing I will FIM tonight and give it a side by side I've topped and FIM with regular seeds and it does do wonders but I think I'll be on autos for a while and able to stay medicated thanks to my surgery I've been going through more problems than before it and hate all the different meds I should take when I can jus smoke or eat cannabis and it covers everything what a beautiful thing to be able to have your own med supply no calling for refills or waiting weeks for appointments which I did now jus see how it goes from here.

That's the best way to have it! I hate going to the doctors period and don't like taking pills. These plants have helped me with so much throughout my life it's just nuts. And very good, that means you shouldn't have a problem doing this. Just always make sure you do it earlier than later, don't want to be topping or FIMing to close to the switch over to flower. It's nice to have it done by week 3. I myself will be on autos for a while, very interesting and fast plants.

That's the best way to have it! I hate going to the doctors period and don't like taking pills. These plants have helped me with so much throughout my life it's just nuts. And very good, that means you shouldn't have a problem doing this. Just always make sure you do it earlier than later, don't want to be topping or FIMing to close to the switch over to flower. It's nice to have it done by week 3. I myself will be on autos for a while, very interesting and fast plants.
Definitely fast like that it acts as if it has a mind of its on to say when it wants to flower can't go wrong it feels less stressful and you get the good results like normal plants

Very good stewie, you will soon see that growth at the node below the one you at take right off and start pushing out. You can also remove those 2 small leaves where you made the cut if you'd like. I found that it made for better light penetration to the lower growth. You may even see some new growth start eventually where you made the cut. My big amnesia made 4 main colas at the top after 2 below the cut got going. Keep up the good work over there, things are looking healthy.

I wouldnt top this go around....The life span is so short...Less stress = more bud
Wait till you get a few more grows under your belt....You will be a master grower before you know it....Don't do any trimming on your girls after the 2-3 week(autos) only...As far as the 8 weeks on harvest..some Seed banks forget to tell you about the 2 week veg...So if its a 8 week flower = 10 weeks to harvest...Remember brother less stress the better on your autos

Atrain give me this...He is the Auto king..Just follow this-------The life cycle of auto flowering cannabis.

Another common question I see is when to switch autos from veg to bloom. Many people are under the impression that as soon as they see the first flowers it's time to switch. Perhaps a little explanation of the life cycle of autos will help to clarify this.

Weeks 1 - 3. Once you've started your seeds and they break the surface of the soil, they are in their seedling stage. The first set of leaves to appear will usually single fingered, followed by a second set that may still be single fingered or perhaps 3 fingered. Once that second set appears growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis. This process will continue, more new leaves, faster growth. Depending on the type of soil in use, mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistols.-

Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6.-

Weeks 7 - 9. By now vertical growth has stopped and the switch to flowering nutrients has been made. The buds will start to fill out and put on weight, becoming hard and tight. Pistols will start to change from white to brown, orange, red, etc. By now the plants will also have developed a strong smell. Toward the end of this phase the large primary and smaller secondary fan leaves will begin to turn yellow. This is an indication that the plant is moving toward the end of it's life.

Weeks 10 - 11. At this time flowering nutes should be discontinued and only plain pHed water fed to flush the remaining nutrients from the soil and improve the taste. Yellowing of the fan leaves will continue as the plant draws the stored energy from them. Eventually they will die and fall off. By the time that the smaller leaves that come from out of the buds will also start to turn yellow. Then it's time to harvest.-

I know that many of you are thinking that the seed bank said the plants will finish in 8-9 weeks, so why are you saying they take 10-11? The claims made by the seed banks are somewhat deceptive. If you switch to flowering nutes at week 3 or 4 the plants can finish in the times the seed banks say but they will remain small and not reach their full potential yield. Years of growing by myself and others has shown that autos do best if you follow this time line.

Of course, there will always be variations depending on the strain, the environment, nutrients, etc. This information is meant to only serve as a general guideline.:high-five::420:

Wait till you get a few more grows under your belt....You will be a master grower before you know it....Don't do any trimming on your girls after the 2-3 week(autos) only...As far as the 8 weeks on harvest..some Seed banks forget to tell you about the 2 week veg...So if its a 8 week flower = 10 weeks to harvest...Remember brother less stress the better on your autos

Hey weedman, nice to meet ya.

Little late lol, he already topped the youngest one.. This is his 3rd grow anyways so I am sure he's looking to experiment more. Looks like he did a good job of it and I'm sure there will be more learning this way. I actually find it easier to LST a topped or FIM'd plants as well. Him and I are both growing autos so we are back and forth to each others journals sharing info. I have my first auto grow going and FIM'd 2 of them and left 2 alone for comparisons, they love it, will definitely be topping or FIMing all my autos from now on I bet lol.

That life cycle chart is also a great piece of work. I am glad Atrain came up with that. Saved me a couple times when I was stumped about what to do. Atrain and thebeast are autoflower champs, tons of great info on their threads.

Cheers

Atrain give me this...He is the Auto king..Just follow this-------The life cycle of auto flowering cannabis.

Another common question I see is when to switch autos from veg to bloom. Many people are under the impression that as soon as they see the first flowers it's time to switch. Perhaps a little explanation of the life cycle of autos will help to clarify this.

Weeks 1 - 3. Once you've started your seeds and they break the surface of the soil, they are in their seedling stage. The first set of leaves to appear will usually single fingered, followed by a second set that may still be single fingered or perhaps 3 fingered. Once that second set appears growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis. This process will continue, more new leaves, faster growth. Depending on the type of soil in use, mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistols.-

Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6.-

Weeks 7 - 9. By now vertical growth has stopped and the switch to flowering nutrients has been made. The buds will start to fill out and put on weight, becoming hard and tight. Pistols will start to change from white to brown, orange, red, etc. By now the plants will also have developed a strong smell. Toward the end of this phase the large primary and smaller secondary fan leaves will begin to turn yellow. This is an indication that the plant is moving toward the end of it's life.

Weeks 10 - 11. At this time flowering nutes should be discontinued and only plain pHed water fed to flush the remaining nutrients from the soil and improve the taste. Yellowing of the fan leaves will continue as the plant draws the stored energy from them. Eventually they will die and fall off. By the time that the smaller leaves that come from out of the buds will also start to turn yellow. Then it's time to harvest.-

I know that many of you are thinking that the seed bank said the plants will finish in 8-9 weeks, so why are you saying they take 10-11? The claims made by the seed banks are somewhat deceptive. If you switch to flowering nutes at week 3 or 4 the plants can finish in the times the seed banks say but they will remain small and not reach their full potential yield. Years of growing by myself and others has shown that autos do best if you follow this time line.

Of course, there will always be variations depending on the strain, the environment, nutrients, etc. This information is meant to only serve as a general guideline.:high-five::420:
Great information and I'm glad I was thinking the same things on how I should do it I was thinking in the right path now jus have to put it to work! :thumb:

Hey weedman, nice to meet ya.

Little late lol, he already topped the youngest one.. This is his 3rd grow anyways so I am sure he's looking to experiment more. Looks like he did a good job of it and I'm sure there will be more learning this way. I actually find it easier to LST a topped or FIM'd plants as well. Him and I are both growing autos so we are back and forth to each others journals sharing info. I have my first auto grow going and FIM'd 2 of them and left 2 alone for comparisons, they love it, will definitely be topping or FIMing all my autos from now on I bet lol.

That life cycle chart is also a great piece of work. I am glad Atrain came up with that. Saved me a couple times when I was stumped about what to do. Atrain and thebeast are autoflower champs, tons of great info on their threads.

Cheers
Nice to meet you brother...

Yes they are the Kings of the Auto's :allgood:

Good evening everyone here with another update on the gsc girls and everything looking good the little I topped is going well and gsc ( A ) is really picking up and gsc ( B) is doing great and I spotted a hair on her so I'm assuming she's starting to preflower here's a couple pics and thanks for everyone that's following along and giving advice it's getting to the fun but critical part so let me kno anything I'll need to watch for or do and again thanks! !
58619436b865e8193678f52b4fe1440e.jpg
6095f5bd4605e0ffae4c70ec1b91e7b3.jpg
21aad1cb2450e073812181702ca5ce33.jpg
d408b7d8fa683e94587683139f1ae933.jpg
daeebe8c4195966b3a97896a6416738b.jpg
Gsc ( B)
6eafb7a969078f72469a94e847ab90bc.jpg
6875a2d82d24aca5fc28f4e1dc7dc25e.jpg
e76c9b81bcc28d6b5351a5e7979e0204.jpg
0e6e2b264fb929a50210554a76016e8e.jpg
Gsc ( A )
69f4e64f966a4b266f45ddfce3df93df.jpg
4379b196383cdd48544b670456dbefd1.jpg
6a4cf11d8e8407b18369bf77e13debea.jpg
the little girl I topped
Advice! ?!

OMG !!! i need a "RAW" plate like yours.... never saw those before.... so cool, just what i need! ... ordered

Back
Top Bottom