Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

im in for this one also:bravo: everything looking awesome, loved the clone dome ontop of the t5, tight situations lead to great solutions!

Lol, so true. I never really planed to put the cloning chamber up there but I needed more room and I saw space. It actually forces me to keep my plants from getting to tall too.

Thanx NorCali, it's was good. :thumb:
20170420_142312.jpg

My veg tents doing well, sure looks organized when they're young.
20170423_173218.jpg

Flowering tent is coming along nicely.. The OC3 will come down in 10 days and she smells fantastic. Not as limey or frosty as #5 but she's got a nice smell.. She's got a little cookie stank.
20170422_193928.jpg
20170422_193854.jpg

Purple Urkle at week 6. She still has 3 to 4 more weeks but she's looking good. Not much color yet but she stinks already..
20170422_193832.jpg
20170422_193816.jpg
20170422_193805.jpg

Birthday Cakes at 2 weeks.. They're still stretching.. I hope she's almost done because I dont want to raise my lights. They need a cage bad and ill probably do that tonight or tomorrow. Once they start building buds they start flopping.
20170422_193731.jpg
20170422_200728.jpg

You can't beat them old T-12 lights for seedlings... You can let them suckers grow right up in them... Got to be the BEST early veg light on the market... Nice seedlings... Keepem Green

You can't beat them old T-12 lights for seedlings... You can let them suckers grow right up in them... Got to be the BEST early veg light on the market... Nice seedlings... Keepem Green

Damn NorCali, i thought I was the only one up this early. :thumb: gotta love those t12s.

Hey there Twox... congrats on the Urkle's, they look fantastic bro! Why no love?? Your description and the pics make 'em look like keepers to me!

Great pics BTW... I have a Samsung phone and it doesn't take pics that good! Probably operator error!

If your problem is yield with Urkles and I get that for sure, you should be able to pick one that got bigger. 2 zips...yeah, OK but maybe next round or keep a few clones let them run for a few months in VEG. I'm doing that now with some Chemdawg was kinda the same deal, great smoke really really off the charts but not a heavy yielder. I let her clones go in VEG until they are 3' tall and topped a few times. I have some huge bushes now... will be a big yielder this time.

Space limitations require home runs every time tho. It's hard to do that. You have the skills tho ... that's for sure.

I'm running some Citrus Berry from Exotix right now and they are @ 30 days in flower, I have 2 tall queens they will be good yielders.. but were kinda slow in VEG for me...I have a similar grow style to you, with yield expectations for sure, I'm at 11zips this month which is an ok month. Next month is looking better....

Sometimes its gold sometimes its silver.... but its all good! I'm extremely thankful that I can be here doing what I love.

I'll head over to your Trap Star grow and sub up.

Once I get my VEG room squared up with a roomful of Labyrinth, I'll hit you back... They are all in late VEG some about 20" tall. I have a few that are runts. Not sure what that's about. Likely they won't make the cut as they say! I can't sex any them for some reason. I've had that issue before with some of Starfighter genetics... even to the point where I "thought" they were ladies went into 12/12 and ended up balls up in the compost. That shit sets me back... lesson learned.

Anyways.. congrats on the young'ins and good luck with them and congrats on the Urkels ... those buds are above top shelf. Great job buddy! :thumb:

What's up Bob.. Thanx for the kind words:thumb:
The Urkles are actually crosses with my Orka Cookie strain. I had 3 phenos and #3 was much better than the other too. I actually kept all of their clones except #1. 1 and 2 threw some late flower bananas but my keeper was stable as can be. They all smoked really good and I think I just got lucky when I found a Urkle dominant pheno. Double the frost, dense nugs and a nice purple candy smell. I'm about two of them in to flower soon. Was really planning to but I'll squeeze them In any ways.

My real purple Urkles are about 6 weeks In to flower at the moment and they're looking super tasty. Not the biggest nugs but they're dense and almost always average 2zips or more. I'm hopping for 10 oz or more from this round and I think that I'll hit that goal.. I can't wait to see those Labyrinths:thumb:

What's up dusty... welcome and your just in time for the show. The Urkles really start changing color as I flush them and ill start that process some time next week. Thanx for the compliments.

I took some pics tonight and some of them turned out ok.. I need a better light for pics in my tent.

The veg tent is doing good. Three G13 labs og13 and two purple envys will hit flower once I harvest the Urkles In Three weeks. I also have two candy pheno Urkle crosses I want to flower. They were so freaking tasty I just can't wait to grow them again. They are untopped with no training and should both produce nice main colas.
20170427_204230.jpg

Trap Star Seedling from Exotic Genetix.
20170427_195048.jpg

Here's the candy pheno Urkle Crosses ready for flower. Well, at least as ready as they're going to get.
20170427_204213.jpg

Birthday Cakes at almost 3 weeks. She finished stretching a few days ago. Thank goodness because i didnt want to raise my lights. She's flowering quick just like last time. She's getting 8 weeks and she's coming down. I sure do like these quick flowerinv strains.
20170427_204141.jpg
20170427_204013.jpg

My Original Purple Urkles at 6 weeks. They should start coloring here soon and I like running them nine weeks. I didn't plan this grow out very well because I just realized I'm going to be smoking nothing but Urkle next month and that shit burns me out and makes me worthless... oops.
20170427_205226.jpg
20170427_204954.jpg

I was suffering some high humidity last week and suffered my first case of bud rot on one of my OC3 colas. She was fine one day and had some dried up leaves the next. I knew something was wrong and realized what it was pretty quickly. This was 3 days ago and everything else seems fine... Thank goodness I caught it when I did..
20170424_231159.jpg

There's a local hemp and cannabis fair going on this weekend and seeds here now will be there. Super excited to go say what's up and grab some fresh ass genetics while I'm there.. I'm going to have to roll some rosin stuffed joints for the occasion..

I was suffering some high humidity last week and suffered my first case of bud rot on one of my OC3 colas. She was fine one day and had some dried up leaves the next. I knew something was wrong and realized what it was pretty quickly. This was 3 days ago and everything else seems fine... Thank goodness I caught it when I did..
20170424_231159.jpg

There's a local hemp and cannabis fair going on this weekend and seeds here now will be there. Super excited to go say what's up and grab some fresh ass genetics while I'm there.. I'm going to have to roll some rosin stuffed joints for the occasion..

Nice looking group of girls you have going there. Next month should be as good as this one!

Bud rot/PM ... I get it almost impossible here where I live not to get it. In the fall all the plants outside the leaves get covered with PM late in the fall. Low nightime temps and humidity.... recipe for that right there. So we have spores in the fall get on everything.... wait till spring time and warm humid weather. Bam it's back. Insects are easier to control I think.

Here's what I did the last 2 rounds and I didn't have any PM/rot. Made up some Horsetail Fern tea and sprayed all the VEG plants like 3x before flip. and 1 or 2 times early flower (added into my IPM). Horsetail fern tea is a natural anti-fungal and it will kill spores and PM on contact.

I did a lot of research on this and that's what the organic grape growers (for high end wine) in CA use instead of chemicals, which I'd rather throw buds in the compost that spray plants the chems they have for PM/Bud rot. Actually the chems are not allowed for use in cannabis sold in dispensaries and if found there's been recalls and such both in the states and in Canada. So I went looking for a natural defense, figuring we cant be the first folks to have this problem.

Turns out pretty common with tomatoes, grapes, cannabis and so forth.

You can find Horsetail fern on Amazon...that's where I bought it. Here on the east coast it's actually in the wild right now. We went picking some nettles and Horsetail Ferns last weekend and they are just getting started here. So we will have a good supply in a few days. Amazon is cheap enough even for organic. probably cheaper for me to buy it there than get in the truck and drive to where I know I can find it. But we will pick bags full of it so a nice years supply. I use it on all the berries, tomatoes and of course my girls.

It actually worked, last 2 rounds no problems on the same strains that I always had issues with. Basically any cannabis that gets big tight buds that are sticky...pretty much everything we grow, eh? What happens is the spored get on the big leaves in VEG ... once the flowers start forming and close in on the spores and some heat and humidity ... the mold starts growing...usually only on the best biggest colas. :lot-o-toke:

Nice looking group of girls you have going there. Next month should be as good as this one!

Bud rot/PM ... I get it almost impossible here where I live not to get it. In the fall all the plants outside the leaves get covered with PM late in the fall. Low nightime temps and humidity.... recipe for that right there. So we have spores in the fall get on everything.... wait till spring time and warm humid weather. Bam it's back. Insects are easier to control I think.

Here's what I did the last 2 rounds and I didn't have any PM/rot. Made up some Horsetail Fern tea and sprayed all the VEG plants like 3x before flip. and 1 or 2 times early flower (added into my IPM). Horsetail fern tea is a natural anti-fungal and it will kill spores and PM on contact.

I did a lot of research on this and that's what the organic grape growers (for high end wine) in CA use instead of chemicals, which I'd rather throw buds in the compost that spray plants the chems they have for PM/Bud rot. Actually the chems are not allowed for use in cannabis sold in dispensaries and if found there's been recalls and such both in the states and in Canada. So I went looking for a natural defense, figuring we cant be the first folks to have this problem.

Turns out pretty common with tomatoes, grapes, cannabis and so forth.

You can find Horsetail fern on Amazon...that's where I bought it. Here on the east coast it's actually in the wild right now. We went picking some nettles and Horsetail Ferns last weekend and they are just getting started here. So we will have a good supply in a few days. Amazon is cheap enough even for organic. probably cheaper for me to buy it there than get in the truck and drive to where I know I can find it. But we will pick bags full of it so a nice years supply. I use it on all the berries, tomatoes and of course my girls.

It actually worked, last 2 rounds no problems on the same strains that I always had issues with. Basically any cannabis that gets big tight buds that are sticky...pretty much everything we grow, eh? What happens is the spored get on the big leaves in VEG ... once the flowers start forming and close in on the spores and some heat and humidity ... the mold starts growing...usually only on the best biggest colas. :lot-o-toke:

Thanx for the recommendation. I'll have to look some up on Amazon or something. Made me realize that I need a dehumidifier for these wet seasons. This weather has been odd for me.
Rh is only30% now but I need to be prepared for next time... we live and we learn I suppose..

I use to have a bad PM problem here.. Outdoors, isn't anything I can do,, but inside,,, I use the dehumidifier and I filter my air intake to my flower room with a dustshroom... Great little filter.. Doesn't cut any airflow at all... And I've since this filter I haven't seem any mildew since.. R/H is the big thing... Once it hit that perfect temp and R/H,, the spores activate. Bud Rott is strange. Sneaks up and like said, i always seems to take on the top colas... Just one or two little leafs look 'dead' and you pull them and the pop out easy,,, look alittle closer,, and here's that ugly grey/brown spot.. Time to harvest.. Once it gets in your plant,, all you can do is safely cut out the bad spot and watch close.. You might get some more flower time,, but if you see another spot,, I'd cut. cross contamination can be a big problem... GL and Keepem Green

Hey Twox, beautiful things going on around these parts! New to the hobby and community and I've been reading through your journal here learning a lot. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Twox, beautiful things going on around these parts! New to the hobby and community and I've been reading through your journal here learning a lot. Thanks for sharing!
Thanx Red... Glade you enjoyed the journal so far. Happy to hear your reading and learning as a new grower. I spent months absorbing information before I started my first grow and it helped so much. What I learned In those early days has helped me get to where I am today. The saying " You can do what ever you put your mind in to" has a lot of truth to it and learning to grow has made that statement mean so much more to me...

Hope you don't have any problems.. Can you cut and run? Ge hell to lose anymore.. Something to read up about, product called Actinovate'.
GL my Friend Keepem Green

Holy smokes that was a great read. I'm totally subbing in. You got some mad growing skills Twox. And I think you mentioned having been growing for just over a year? Well there's hope for me yet.

I haven't got a setup yet but I am in the process of trying to build the list of what I want so I can get it setup. I'm looking at two tents aswell, a 2'x2'x4' for veg (I want the 2'x2.5'x5' Gorilla Shorty but can't get it) and a 3'x3'x7' Gorilla for flower. I plan on connecting the veg tent to the flower tent to filter smell. I had originally thought of connecting the two tents with ducting and let the larger tent suck through the smaller tent but I don't think that would work well enough, so I think I'll add a 6" inline to the top of the small tent and ducting to suck into the veg tent through the passive mesh inlets and push into the flower tent to get filtered (I'd thought about adding a fan initially but didn't think I'd need it, reading your journal has made me think otherwise).

What's the watts/amps/lumens/whatever of the smaller light you've got above your clone dome? I like that idea of being bright enough to keep the plants alive but not bright enough that they thrive and quickly outgrow the dome.

I really like your drying box that you hook up to your main tent to filter smell when drying. I might have to borrow that idea aswell. Do you have a fan inside the drying box? Or any holes to allow fresh air in? Or do you hook it straight up to the tent where that's the only opening?

Sorry for all the questions but your setup is almost exactly how I want mine. Keep up the amazing grows!

Back
Top Bottom