Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

The buds on their website look amazing.

I was looking at some of the other ones and they have some as high as 22 weeks of flower. Something called Punto Rojo

I would love to find a good 6 week strain

Edit: Nope guess it was old timer's haze that was 20 weeks. Still though... Who wants to wait 20 weeks for 15% thc? Pretty though.
oldtimers_haze.jpg
golden_tiger.jpg

Wow..14 weeks is way to long for me.. I might run a sativa dominant hybrid here and there but a full blooded sativa is way to time consuming for me.. Know I'm curious about this golden tiger... I need to see this beast..

Hey folks.. I just ran a Sativa hybrid called Devils Tit.. was finished in 55 days flower with a 25 day VEG.... tripled in stretch, barely fit under my lamps. Frosty sativa... tomorrow will be my test nug .. still drying. Plant was decent sized. The flowers are almost rocks.

The old school sativa's took WAY WAY too long... man I ran a Blueberry that took over 100 days... great smoke.... but waiting that long, for me no way. There's some breeders out there that can get that sativa high with the time it takes for a super Indica.

That's actually what I like... that Sativa buzz with an eventual soothing down calming euphoria.. that makes me wanna eat the house down... oh ... wait... no ... no ... no... not the "eat the house down" munchies.... OMG.

Oye... I do like the psychedelic side of the Sativa buzz w/Indica tones .. Chemdawg is a good one and all her vast vast relatives. Fast finish too .. Clones I just harvested at 45 days in flower. Beating out any of my AUTOs... by a good margin and yields are way better than AUTOs as well.

Big ass update time.

I've been super busy lately and haven't been able to be as active as I liked but it's all good. Life goes on.

The veg tent is doing really good. All the ladies seem super happy and should be ready for flowering in about a week.
20170507_185135.jpg

Purple Envy and OG13 looking sweet..
20170507_185104.jpg

20170507_185059.jpg

Trap Star Babies doing well..
20170507_185031.jpg

Flowering Is moving along nicely. Had a little heat wave and I got caught off guard but everything stood strong and is flowering quickly. I don't know why but I really like putting stickers on my hood..
20170507_184517.jpg

This is my keeper Urkle cross from the last run and she been officially dubbed Candy Urkle. Shes growing very vigourisly and looks really happy. Her and Birthday Cake are fighting over the #1 spot..
20170507_184201.jpg

Birthday Cake growing quick. There a 4 of these ladies lined up against the wall and There s a ton of bud growing on these ladies.. 2oz per plant easy this round and there getting frosty too... I used a couple rolls of wire attempting to stop these ladies from flopping all over the place..
20170507_184434.jpg
20170507_184234.jpg
20170507_184327.jpg

Purple Urkles finishing up. They have 1 more week until harvest.. I could probably start chopping them at 8 but 9 seems to be the sweet spot color wise..
20170507_192613.jpg
20170507_192539.jpg

Some canopy shots before lights on...
20170507_192438.jpg
20170507_192354.jpg

A under watered Purple Urkle... stupid heat wave
20170506_204634.jpg

A hour later..... She's a champ
20170507_170725.jpg

Bonus pics.
My landlord made me remove my window ac and here's the replacement for this summer. Nothing special but I needed something with low amps and this is the best unit I could find. 5.9 amps and 6000 btu. My window unit was 5500btu so this should work wonders and it has a dehumidifier function.. Now I need to figure out how to exhaust my tent and use the window kit for my ac...

20170507_193234.jpg
20170507_192912.jpg

Good to hear from you Twox. Nice update, and fantastic looking plants as usual. I don't have my setup yet so I've been living vicariously through you. I hope to get a canopy and frosty as hell buds looking like yours one day. These plants are so amazing to watch grow (not to mention smell and smoke), like your under watered Purple Urkle that was looking happy and healthy an hour after watering. As much as I like smoking 'em, I really like looking at 'em too, especially with so many different strains to enjoy.

Good to hear from you Twox. Nice update, and fantastic looking plants as usual. I don't have my setup yet so I've been living vicariously through you. I hope to get a canopy and frosty as hell buds looking like yours one day. These plants are so amazing to watch grow (not to mention smell and smoke), like your under watered Purple Urkle that was looking happy and healthy an hour after watering. As much as I like smoking 'em, I really like looking at 'em too, especially with so many different strains to enjoy.

Thank you very much Nightmask... I was in the exact same position you are in at one time. Life was a constant daydream about growing my own. I was hooked. Following journals and learning from other growers really prepared me for the future and proved very useful. The first grow is always ruff. Even if it goes smooth it's emotionally exhausting. You'll have your frosty canopy someday:thumb:

Heh Twox, I totally need that "Friends Don't Let Friends Bring Home Clones" sticker!

Love how filled up that veg tent is.

I thought the sticker was pretty cool too... my favorite is the crocodile hunter "Trichies" sticker.. I got them at a THC fair from seeds here now. They were just handing them out and I grabbed a few.

I've been real cautious with clones. I won't buy them local because I don't trust them. My friends have got pests and bunk clones from local distributors. I'll buy from Harborside in Oakland but that's a long drive and then I'm growing the same thing every body else is growing. Feels good to have unique strains.

I thought the sticker was pretty cool too... my favorite is the crocodile hunter "Trichies" sticker.. I got them at a THC fair from seeds here now. They were just handing them out and I grabbed a few.

I've been real cautious with clones. I won't buy them local because I don't trust them. My friends have got pests and bunk clones from local distributors. I'll buy from Harborside in Oakland but that's a long drive and then I'm growing the same thing every body else is growing. Feels good to have unique strains.

Yeah I have never had good luck with clones, and I think that the price that people charge for them is pretty much highway robbery. Matter of fact, the Blackberry Kush that I'm trying to save so much, I got a hold of the grower to ask him to buy some of the bagseed from him, but he wouldn't do it, would only sell me clones. So I told him to go shove it lol

I see your Purple Envy is a thing of beauty. Gives me hope. Are they big feeders?

Subbed

I see your Purple Envy is a thing of beauty. Gives me hope. Are they big feeders?

Subbed
So far... no. I've stuck with the mild feed through veg and they seem to be thriving. Ones short and untopped with tight nodes and the other is topped and still much taller.. Im hoping the shorter one is indica dominant. The side branching growing on both of them seems strong and didn't have a problem stretching up to the canopy. I don't see many Purple Urkle traits so far.. she grows much quicker and has a much different leaf shape. The short one has node similar to the Urkles but not as tight. From my expeirence, anything crossed with Urkle comes out really good.. I've never grown grape ape or GDP but I am excited to flower this strain.. She has some potential..

Thanks for the info Twox. I'm even more curious to see how mine compare to yours now. They are just beginning to hit their stride now.

What's up Fam,
I got a little update tonight because tomorrow's a big day.. I'm chopping the Urkles, Cutting clones, Rotating the veg into flower, Transplanting the TrapStars, watering the flowering tent and probably wrangling the Birthday Cakes.

Oc3 harvest went well and I got 1.6oz.. She came out frosty and really stoney but the flavor isn't what I want.. Very light Orka taste and a light cookie taste.. The smell doesn't scream dank and I don't consider her a keeper. Her mother will be donated to somebody In need.. RIP oc3..
20170511_213203.jpg
20170511_195055.jpg
20170511_194956.jpg
20170511_194947.jpg
20170511_194939.jpg

Here's a few veg tent pics before tomorrow's

First up, the untapped Purple Envy. I'll get some more shots of these ladies tomorrow..
20170511_195120.jpg

Group shot of the ladies..
20170511_195116.jpg

TrapStar babies..Theres 4 seedlings and a runt in there too
20170511_195113.jpg

Figured out how to raise my light a little bit... The pulley system is still connected incase of a catastrophic faliure... Trust nobody
20170511_210346.jpg

Canopy shot before the flip. 4 coming out and 5 going in.. I'll have 12 plants for 3 weeks.. What the hell was I thinking. Lol..
20170511_210219.jpg

This is the Urkle I put in the same day as the Birthday Cakes. She has about 4 weeks left...
20170511_210215.jpg

My own personal Candy Urkles. Untopped and I'm not sharing.. lol, she's all mine.
20170511_210212.jpg

Bonus pics.. New genetics

I got a few of these from a friend and some freebies from the Dank team... I looked up the irie arise and was mighty surprised at what I found.. I've never heard of them but wow, I might grow them soon. I don't want to even spoil the surprise so if you interested you'll need to Google Arise Strain.
20170511_210752.jpg

My newest edition and my next planned rotation.. Slurricanes... The genetics for these ladies is off the freaking charts... The Purple Punch is a newer strain making it's way up and down the West coast. I'm reallyv
excited to run these... I love new genetics
20170511_211152.jpg

I'm kinda turning into a seed hoarder.. These are all strains I have not ran yet...
20170511_211334.jpg

Irie.. sounds like a grower that use to be on here? Anyone know if that's him? Claims are crazy on that weed.
Nice selection you got growing over there.. Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom