Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

Subbed up, better late then never. Wow what an amazing read. Im part of the "2 tent club" and I think I've just found my Mr. White. Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of this and tell us your story. I'll learn a lot just following along.
What's up J pink, welcome to the club :thumb: I happy to hear you enjoyed the journal so far. Journaling can definetly be time consuming but I enjoy them.
Hope you don't have any problems.. Can you cut and run? Ge hell to lose anymore.. Something to read up about, product called Actinovate'.
GL my Friend Keepem Green
20170428_203534.jpg
The day after i found the contaminated bud my humidity dropped and its 90 outside now... Go figure. I have a portable A.C. on the way with a built in dehumidifier so mold should hopefully be a thing of the past. I actually harvested her last night and she was clean as a whistle. I was really worried about leaving her in the tent but It all worked out this time. Mother Nature caught me with my pants down.
I have been following you since our adventure began. Now I can pull up my seat to learn from the gentleman that you are. :thumb:
Hi G2H, thanx and welcome... :Namaste: Thanx for joining me, now it's our adventure..:thumb:
Holy smokes that was a great read. I'm totally subbing in. You got some mad growing skills Twox. And I think you mentioned having been growing for just over a year? Well there's hope for me yet.

I haven't got a setup yet but I am in the process of trying to build the list of what I want so I can get it setup. I'm looking at two tents aswell, a 2'x2'x4' for veg (I want the 2'x2.5'x5' Gorilla Shorty but can't get it) and a 3'x3'x7' Gorilla for flower. I plan on connecting the veg tent to the flower tent to filter smell. I had originally thought of connecting the two tents with ducting and let the larger tent suck through the smaller tent but I don't think that would work well enough, so I think I'll add a 6" inline to the top of the small tent and ducting to suck into the veg tent through the passive mesh inlets and push into the flower tent to get filtered (I'd thought about adding a fan initially but didn't think I'd need it, reading your journal has made me think otherwise).

What's the watts/amps/lumens/whatever of the smaller light you've got above your clone dome? I like that idea of being bright enough to keep the plants alive but not bright enough that they thrive and quickly outgrow the dome.

I really like your drying box that you hook up to your main tent to filter smell when drying. I might have to borrow that idea aswell. Do you have a fan inside the drying box? Or any holes to allow fresh air in? Or do you hook it straight up to the tent where that's the only opening?

Sorry for all the questions but your setup is almost exactly how I want mine. Keep up the amazing grows!

What's up Nightmask and thanx for joining us.
It's been a little over a year and a half since I started this journey and it's definetly been a learning expeirence. My best advice is to read everything you can. It will prepare you for the future.

That's exactly how my ducting works. :thumb:Has worked well for me so far, No smell and a nice flow. I use to use the passives on my flowering tent but pushing air in works much better. A fan speed control for the veg tent is a must to match the flowering tent. Reg fans are very important. I have 3 of them running 24/7 in my big tent. One on the bottom and 2 blowing over the canopy and I still had a minor issue this round.

The light over my Cloning chamber is a 2ft t5, I thinks it's something like 24 watts. Works well for clones and has helped me save genetics for months. The small plants inside usually get pale around the 3rd month but once I transplant and put them under the veg light they seem bounce back.

The drying tubs I use were kinda a experiment at first but they work really well. I'll get some pics tonight of them. It cut a small flap on the lid and taped some cheese cloth over the hole for the intake vent. The cheese cloth catches hair and fibers before they get o the buds. There's no fan inside just the suction from the veg tent. When I do hook up the drying tub I keep the vents open as if it wasn't there. The 6inch inline is overkill for a 2x4x4 but moves tons of air. I'm just trying to keep the humidity from building up in the tub so the ducting trick works out well for me.:thumb:

I have a update lined up but I'm super busy today and I should have it up some time this evening.. Thanx everybody:thumb:

20170501_225019.jpg

Some OC3 pics. I chopped her last night and didnt trim her. It's getting hot where I live so I figured it was for the best. I hate dry trimming though..
20170501_201443.jpg

She came out nice looking with a ok amount of trichomes and a faint smell. Hope the taste comes through because OC5 has her beat in the smell and trichome department.
20170501_201327.jpg

I do like that's she's dense, real heavy wet and meaty if that makes sense. Nice and chunky. She might be a yielded too. I did lose a main cola due to bud rot but she's still packing some weight.. you go girl
20170501_201332.jpg
20170501_201451.jpg
20170501_221005.jpg

She did get some nice color on her leaves after her flush. I really like flushing for 2 weeks, I didn't get deep colors like this with 1 week flushes..
20170501_201424.jpg
20170501_201350.jpg

Oops, looks like a Bday Cake got mixed In with my pics.. shes growing quick though.
20170501_222422.jpg

Here's a nice canopy shot. The plant with the yellow leaves is the OC3 I chopped. The rest is all Purple Urkle up front and a wall of Birthday Cake in the back.
20170501_184352.jpg

Bonus Pics.
The cool stuff I got at the cannabis fair. I really want to pop a pack of these beans after my TrapStars.. Not sure which one though.. . I Tried the E nail and it's freaking awesome... my torch has officially retired..
20170430_115829.jpg
20170430_115924.jpg

AH-mazing!
Thanx:thanks:. I'm promise you I'm giving them my all. Life's so relaxing while I'm tending to my grow. Time seems to fly and and my thoughts seem to drift away. :Namaste:

I had to cut some clones of my Urkle cross today and set there mom up for flowering so I took some pics of my veg tent. Everything is cruising along and growing a little every day. The 3 OG13 and 2 Purple Envy have about 2 weeks left and then there going on a trip to the flowering tent and we can start the rotation again.
20170502_202850.jpg

20170502_202905.jpg

My favorite lady in veg:love: Purple Envy #1.. She's a shorty and she's untopped and for some strange reason I'm really excited to grow her. I always top or train my lady's but this one is going all natutral and I haven't done that in quite awhile. Untopped plants seem so glamourous too me..
20170502_202932.jpg

My OC5 learning about living life outside of the humidity dome. She's bouncing back quick.
20170502_203212.jpg

Heres the 2 Urkle Crosses. Not real tall but that's what I was aiming for.. wasn't really planing on flowering these but the smoke and high they provided was excellent. I had to squeeze them in..
20170502_200827.jpg

The tub.
My tents are never empty so hang drying the traditional way doesn't really work for me. This was supposed to be a temporary solution but it works really well so I stuck with it. I have a larger tub to fit my big harvests but I use this one for single plants.
20170502_202452.jpg

I vent on top so I'm not getting to much direct air on my buds. All I'm doing is keeping the humidity in check..
20170502_202506.jpg

Two passive vents on my veg.. These are always open.
20170502_202429.jpg

We might as well take a peek inside...
20170502_202514.jpg
20170502_202558.jpg

:Namaste:

I thought you would have hooked the drying box straight up to the flowering tent to filter smell, but you're saying you hook the drying box up to the veg tent? So veg tent sucks through passive intakes and drying box with a 6" inline fan that pushes air into flower tent to be filtered?

You say a 6" fan is overkill for a 4x2? Hrmm I'm looking at a 2x2 and considering a 6" fan. I'd be getting a dual fan controller thingie to regulate both fans so would a 6" in a 2'x2'x4' space be uber overkill? It wouldn't matter if it ran on it's lowest setting all the time, but with our Aussie summers more air flow could come in handy though I'm sure a 6" would still be overkill. Meh, it will connect straight to the 6" ducting without needing a duct reducer so simply and easy win.

Can't wait to see what your new genetics look like once they make it to the flower tent. Will be nice to see you work your magic on some new strains.

I thought you would have hooked the drying box straight up to the flowering tent to filter smell, but you're saying you hook the drying box up to the veg tent? So veg tent sucks through passive intakes and drying box with a 6" inline fan that pushes air into flower tent to be filtered?

You say a 6" fan is overkill for a 4x2? Hrmm I'm looking at a 2x2 and considering a 6" fan. I'd be getting a dual fan controller thingie to regulate both fans so would a 6" in a 2'x2'x4' space be uber overkill? It wouldn't matter if it ran on it's lowest setting all the time, but with our Aussie summers more air flow could come in handy though I'm sure a 6" would still be overkill. Meh, it will connect straight to the 6" ducting without needing a duct reducer so simply and easy win.

Can't wait to see what your new genetics look like once they make it to the flower tent. Will be nice to see you work your magic on some new strains.
A few reasons why my drying box isn't hooked directly to my flowering tent.
1. Dust and hair. The filter on my veg fan is much better than the cheese cloth
2. My flowering fan works hard already. Might as well use the fan that isn't working as hard. Even though it's overkill a 4 inch would struggle. Definetly recommend the 6 inch.
3. Pollen. Makes me feel better to run the air through veg first especially when I'm finding bananas on my drying buds..

I'm liking the new genetics too. Only problem is that after I buy them I find something else I want to grow... A never ending cycle..

A few reasons why my drying box isn't hooked directly to my flowering tent.
1. Dust and hair. The filter on my veg fan is much better than the cheese cloth
2. My flowering fan works hard already. Might as well use the fan that isn't working as hard. Even though it's overkill a 4 inch would struggle. Definetly recommend the 6 inch.
3. Pollen. Makes me feel better to run the air through veg first especially when I'm finding bananas on my drying buds..

I'm liking the new genetics too. Only problem is that after I buy them I find something else I want to grow... A never ending cycle..

Well that answered a few questions. Drying box through the veg tent sounds much more logical now.

Regarding genetics because there's so many different awsome strains you're best to look for what specific effects you want otherwise if you're anything like me you'd want to try pretty much every strain there is. I personally want cerebral/creative, energetic/motivating, and an all round cbd/indica for a bunch of stuff (sleep, nausea, relaxation, anxiety, etc). My problem with genetics is since I got interested in growing for myself I've purchased some seeds/strains I'd like to try (cannabis seed sales, I've never drooled so hard) but haven't even got a single tent set up yet. I've tried a few bagseed outside and will still have to run 1-2 bagseed runs (minimum) once I get the new setup so I can get used to it before I even try the awsome genetics I want to run. On the plus side I'll be set for genetics for a while once my setup is erm setup.

Speaking of genetics I probably shouldn't mention making your own seeds and even trying to create your own stable strain. I'd like to eventually cross a few of my own strains I got but, well, time, space, and I wanna try a few strains and get used to growing and cloning before trying to properly cross any. Plus the amount of seeds you end up with after seeding... You buy like 1-3 seeds to try each strain, produce your own by crossing them, and end up with 20-100+ seeds. How the heck are you supposed to grow and sample them all in their seed used by date???

I think you mentioned something about plans for the future and breeding or crossing. Did you have any breeding/crossing plans ahead in the future? I'd be really interested to watch any breeding experiments you had.

Another quick question based on the above, what are the effects you're looking for? You seem to really like your Indica's.

Well that answered a few questions. Drying box through the veg tent sounds much more logical now.

Regarding genetics because there's so many different awsome strains you're best to look for what specific effects you want otherwise if you're anything like me you'd want to try pretty much every strain there is. I personally want cerebral/creative, energetic/motivating, and an all round cbd/indica for a bunch of stuff (sleep, nausea, relaxation, anxiety, etc). My problem with genetics is since I got interested in growing for myself I've purchased some seeds/strains I'd like to try (cannabis seed sales, I've never drooled so hard) but haven't even got a single tent set up yet. I've tried a few bagseed outside and will still have to run 1-2 bagseed runs (minimum) once I get the new setup so I can get used to it before I even try the awsome genetics I want to run. On the plus side I'll be set for genetics for a while once my setup is erm setup.

Speaking of genetics I probably shouldn't mention making your own seeds and even trying to create your own stable strain. I'd like to eventually cross a few of my own strains I got but, well, time, space, and I wanna try a few strains and get used to growing and cloning before trying to properly cross any. Plus the amount of seeds you end up with after seeding... You buy like 1-3 seeds to try each strain, produce your own by crossing them, and end up with 20-100+ seeds. How the heck are you supposed to grow and sample them all in their seed used by date???

I think you mentioned something about plans for the future and breeding or crossing. Did you have any breeding/crossing plans ahead in the future? I'd be really interested to watch any breeding experiments you had.

Another quick question based on the above, what are the effects you're looking for? You seem to really like your Indica's.

Lol, ya.... I'm a indica guy.. I don't mind the sativas but they take forever to grow and I don't have 10 to 11 weeks to let them finish, I always end up chopping them early. I also prefers the indica high, helps slow me down and keeps me level.

I do have some plans for a breeding project but I'm still working out the details and I still need a male to play with. I should find a male in this pack of Trap Stars and if it's as good as I'm hoping it is it should be the beginning of a new adventure..

Looking good as ususl twox always done fire in your garden. I've never had Birthday cake bt have heard so much about it. Gotta get my hands on some!!

Thanx Jgrow.. You have some fire in your grow too. That 707 looks delicious.

The Birthday Cake goes by a couple different names that I found kinda odd. It's Cherry pie x GSC and I've seen it called wedding cake and anniversary cake. Different names from different breeders I guess. They all have the same parents though... I thought it was odd.

Thanx Jgrow.. You have some fire in your grow too. That 707 looks delicious.

The Birthday Cake goes by a couple different names that I found kinda odd. It's Cherry pie x GSC and I've seen it called wedding cake and anniversary cake. Different names from different breeders I guess. They all have the same parents though... I thought it was odd.

Well it could be in light of the fact that there's a ton of variations on Girl Scout Cookies. Not crosses, like, there's really no confirmed true "Girl Scout Cookies". There's the 'forum cut' that is supposedly the grand-daddy source of it all, but then you've got "thin mints", and the one I ran "Platinum Girl Scout Cookies", I don't even know what the story behind that is. Some say it's just a phenotype, others say it's Girl Scout Cookies crossed out with Bubba Kush.

Well it could be in light of the fact that there's a ton of variations on Girl Scout Cookies. Not crosses, like, there's really no confirmed true "Girl Scout Cookies". There's the 'forum cut' that is supposedly the grand-daddy source of it all, but then you've got "thin mints", and the one I ran "Platinum Girl Scout Cookies", I don't even know what the story behind that is. Some say it's just a phenotype, others say it's Girl Scout Cookies crossed out with Bubba Kush.

Very true.. never even crossed my mind.:thumb: OG Kush Breath is supposed to be a cookie pheno too..

I really can relate to what you're saying about how long it takes to flower sativas too. The Golden Tiger I got supposedly needs about 14 weeks! I really want something that has a nice heady, cerebral high too though.

Golden Tiger takes 14 weeks???? Nooooooo. I ordered me some Golden Tiger regular seeds cause I'd heard good things and really want the Sativa cerebral/energetic effects. But 14 weeks? Bah. Hopefully it's worth the long wait.

I really can relate to what you're saying about how long it takes to flower sativas too. The Golden Tiger I got supposedly needs about 14 weeks! I really want something that has a nice heady, cerebral high too though.

Wow..14 weeks is way to long for me.. I might run a sativa dominant hybrid here and there but a full blooded sativa is way to time consuming for me.. Know im curious about this golden tiger... I need to see this beast..

Back
Top Bottom