Vacuum sealing

It lasts a bit longer as takes most of the air (oxygen) out, but in my experience it squishes/compacts the buds and attaches some of your terps to the plastic that you can't really get off and use easily. I tried it w/o the vacuuming out all the air part and it lasted slightly longer but still changed color after a year or so.

Yes, you can vacuum seal, it will last quite a while (2-3 years). Make sure the RH of the buds is no higher than 60% when sealed, and watch for mold. Back in the day (1970's) I vacuum sealed all my grows, I only every had 1, quarter once bag get mold. Lack of 02 will help keep it fresh, and storing in a cool, dark place is the real key. Heat and light are enemies of THC (not to mention taste!). I now use mason jars and Boveda packs (62% RH) for storage. Vacuum sealing will work just as well and you don't need Boveda packs, IMHO.

I have still 13 bags of 1G food saver bags of my past summer harvest. I had freeze dried my harvest and I think might of helped keep my weed completely fine some 8-9 months later. I never put a integra pack in there and just left as is, and didn’t vacuum seal, just heat sealed.

Some Food Saver units have an accessory port to use an adaptor that seals regular or wide mouth mason jars. That would remove the air without squishing buds. I won't swear to the advantages of this method, just offering an alternative to the bags. Here's a link to it on Amazon:
FoodSaver jar kit

Back
Top Bottom