Volks Grow

I think this was the largest one... :smokin: can't remember fer sure... too many little chitlins pilin' up round here...
Last_full_VG_pics_009.JPG

I'm trying to visualize how many plants that size would just fit into your machine. It would sure look cool.

BTW, do you have a trimmed & dried weight for that one yet?

Now that's some serious cabbage right there. The clothesline of my dreams.

You should think about putting your two best in the Nug of the Month contest

VG_Harvest_002.JPG
DUDE FUCK YA

Now that's some serious cabbage right there. The clothesline of my dreams.

You should think about putting your two best in the Nug of the Month contest

And also SERIOUSLY think about hanging those things somewhere else, say somewhere that is a little bit dark lol (light degrades thc and doesn't help the conversion of chlorophyll/etc to sugars, either).

But it sure looks good.

It's like feeding yourself. You can quickly whip up some slop in a bowl and survive on it. Or you can put forth the time and effort to create a culinary masterpiece.

Of course one tends to develop a powerful hunger while waiting on that masterpiece to finish.

Drying/curing can be difficult I guess. Too fast and it's just dry - and green. Too slow and it's moldy trash. It's easier to err on the side of caution and get things too dry to really cure before putting the goods in storage but one loses a lot when doing so. But mold can cause one to lose all.

Like everything else it's a learning experience and what works for you might not work for me depending on humidity (etc) differences.

Where I lived 20 years ago the worry was providing enough humidity so that I could actually HAVE a cure. But maybe five years or so ago I heard several people say that they lost parts of their crop to mold when they were sure that there was no (active) mold in it when they harvested. They just "dried" in a more-or-less outdoor (but covered) location where the late-season humidity decided to hover at 99% for about three weeks.

Those that spent the effort to create an indoor drying room (with a dehumidifier) were suddenly VERY popular that year.

Ah, so Tortured Soul fits you well, you described my scenario to a tee. I do the best with what I have, and am working on building a drying cabinet, as with most folks here, it's a matter of funding. I'm putting together a business plan as we speak to try and raise some capital, I think this journal will be excellent proof of the VG's capabilities. I've already spoken with a couple local dispensaries and they are just waiting on samples. So am I. The weather the last week has been nothing but cool foggy days, sure sounds great, but makes drying quite a chore. I have lost considerable amounts of bud to mold since I moved where I am, and my outdoor plants all try to flower (all year round), so growing in this climate has become quite a challenge. Thanks for feeling my pain... lol

Re: Anxious!

Bring it on! I'm seriously considering going rotary based on maxximus' and your results and progress.

Exciting times!

We'd love to have you do a journal for us. 420 Magazine - home of the rotating wheels of bud.

It wouldn't hurt our feelings if you mentioned to Omega that you saw them here ;)

HT: It will pay for itself the first run! Just make sure to have your clones ready... if you do, you'll be the first.... LMAO! If I'd not been a slacker, and been prepared, I would have had much better results, and would probably would have harvested closer to three lbs. It's super simple to use and requires less maintenance than anything I've used so far. It also cleans up EASY!!!!! 20 minutes of rinsing and hitting crusty spots with a sponge and I was done.

Still waiting for the drying process to come to a close, I can't believe how sticky this stuff is! I piched off a little semi dry bud to smoke, and it was supercalafragalisticexpialadocious.

HT: It will pay for itself the first run! Just make sure to have your clones ready... if you do, you'll be the first.... LMAO! If I'd not been a slacker, and been prepared, I would have had much better results, and would probably would have harvested closer to three lbs. It's super simple to use and requires less maintenance than anything I've used so far. It also cleans up EASY!!!!! 20 minutes of rinsing and hitting crusty spots with a sponge and I was done.

Still waiting for the drying process to come to a close, I can't believe how sticky this stuff is! I piched off a little semi dry bud to smoke, and it was supercalafragalisticexpialadocious.

oh man, i like everyone else was so not ready for the amount of clones needed. i raped my old undesirable strawberry coughs to fill it, but i knew that it could haunt me later. which it did as far as weight.

still smoked nice.

now im barely using the volks compared to its intent for quantity. 11-12 plants isn't going to do shit as far as weight. but it's ok, i knew it when i started the round. (well actually if i didn't drown all those seeds when i was out of town, i'd be sitting a lot prettier.

next run I am going to give you guys a run for your damn money. using reliable genes, that i have experience growing in the wheel already. should be able to guess proper veg time and such due to my familiarity. if i can pull 2 lbs. i would be ecstatic.

even now, i am rushing to grow my mom big enough to take that many clones. i might have a bit of down time, but CMX's point is a great one. Better to wait a bit and be prepared for it than rush. if i could do it over, i would have started getting ready with clones weeks before i ordered it.

Okay, the final total weight I'm claiming is 11 oz. It was a little more, but I still expect to lose a little weight as it cures. It wasn't the outcome I anticipated, but I'm not complaining. It paid for itself first run and I'm almost ready to launch the next round... if there are any questions, feel free to ask. All I can say is this is top shelf, all the way, and the hash is awesome too... THANKS FOR VIEWING

Back
Top Bottom