Welcome To The Jungle

Hey 420.

It is officially flowering day 1 and today I did a little light training. Here's some before and after pics of the posse....

After some tying down....

Pretty impressive eh. Life under the ViparSpectra sun is good. Hopefully we can begin the cull soon as the plants advance and reveal their genders. I think I can see a female but I'll wait until I'm certain before embarrassing myself....

Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

Well done with the bending!
I thought about super cropping but if it goes wrong then it's an entire plant taken out of the picture. Have you ever super cropped a plant on the main stem before? I have but have no memory of it other than the knowledge that it happened lol. You remember more of my memory's than I remember.
Gotta agree! That's some nice bending, they're gonna love that light shining down!
Why thank you. I stuck all of the shorties in the centre of the pot and now that the taller ones around the edge have been pulled aside, it gives the middle group a fighting chance. So far we are covered with the ViparSpectra XS1000.

Looking really nice and tidy bends will defo help middle shot up to canopy you want :bong:
The middle ground contains the potential weaklings but 2 of them have shot up. So much so that I suspect that they could be males. There are more and more beginning to show signs of gender.
LOL! I haven't done it to a main and I can't recall if you have or not. I remember lots about you (feet, root, curlylatte) but not that. I'm sure I've seen it done before by folks here...BooWhoo and @Archiweedies come to mind. And their plants came through it fine.
I'm still not going to try it. Maybe later.

I've never forgotten about the Currylato!

Hey 420.

Flowering day 4 and all is well. I've not chopped any out yet but it really won't be long now. The plants are all looking really good now that they have had a bit of time in some more comfortable soil. Amazon failed us but the pork chops had us covered lol.
The ViparSpectra XS1000 is providing all the light that the plants need. Currently it is very easy to cover the canopy with good lighting but soon it will be different (hopefully not too different) and we will need a bit more power. I have no doubt that we will be able to get great coverage and depth and be able to grow some beautiful plants. Let's see how well we have progressed just 4 days from flip...

As you can see, we are filling the tent already and there is still plenty of time left to stretch. That's why it doesn't matter if we lose some plants. In fact, I'm hoping we lose some as it'll be crazy in there lol.

Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

Flowering day 7 and looking good. Hopefully by the next update we would have begun to remove some of the plants. I can see what looks like a male to me but I'm still going to wait for just a little longer. I can also see a female so we will have at least one of these lol. Hopefully we'll have many more. If we are going by the 50/50 rule then we should still have 8 to play with which would be great though I'd rather have 10. Anyhow, all is good under the ViparSpectra XS1000 at the end of the first week of flower....

I seem to be doing something right as these are looking beautifully green and are growing strong.
Dispute the risk in bringing in 10 gallons of unpasteurised soil there are no noticeable pests. Last time I did this we had slugs, caterpillars, flies and a whole host of other unwanted creepy crawlies. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Happy growing everyone.

They're doing really well in there Professor! Are you going to make sure all that undergrowth is gone. Also...
Maybe. I'll start making crazy decisions like that once I've cleared out the males. I can see a few who are indecently exposing themselves right now.
I'm rooting for 12 so we can get a smoke report for each day of Christmas! :slide:
I could probably extend that to 50 days of Christmas if you include the reviews I've still to do from my other journals lol.

Hey 420.

Today is flowering day 21 and we have removed all of the males and have bunch of nice looking females. Couple of issues though. Firstly, we lost a few more plants than I would have liked. We lost 10 out of 16 which became males. To make matters worse, all 4 of the BBTK x Highbite were male so I had to chop all of those out. I thought they all looked excellent and stood out a bit too much lol. Not a problem though as we still have some nice little plants to work with.
Another point worth mentioning was that all of the males and all of the females were on opposite sides of the pot to each other which has left a cresent of plants and a deforested area with nothing growing there. I decided that we have an opportunity to try another experiment and have planted some seeds into the open side of the pot to run them 12/12 and with full flower nutes. Hopefully we'll get a female Highbite this time. What this means is that this grow had just been slightly extended and will have a staggered harvest if all goes well.

So let's see what the surviving bunch are like at the end of the third week of flower....

See that gap? All but one of these are looking good. Hopefully we can fill that up again....

The plants themselves are looking great, even the runty little BBTK x Wifi OG which now has centre stage.
Here's the Black Banana TK....

This is a Sunset Sherbet x BBTK....

And here is a WiFi OG x BBTK....

We had the most success with Sunset Sherbets with 3 being female and lost all of the Highbites. The plants we have are strong and healthy and it looks like we'll be seeing some snow on some of these in the future....

I planted 8 more seeds in this pot 2 days ago so we should be seeing some anytime now.
Happy growing everyone.

Back
Top Bottom