Welcome To The Jungle

Hey 420. It's been a little under a week since the last update so it's time to see what has been happening.
Overall, everything has been good but there was a minor glitch in the programme early this week. Basically, what happened was I decided that I wasn't going to use my own homemade soil mixes for this or any of my other grows that are about to get underway. Shed's comment about using my own soil got me thinking and I decided that it would probably be safer to get some potting soil and minimise the chance of any drama. Basically I was trying to give myself an easier time by purchasing a couple bags of soil which I did. Turns out that it was very high in nitrogen as all of the plants went incredibly dark green and started to burn up. I decided to just wait it out as nitrogen is used up really quickly in soil and hopefully the plants would get used to the higher levels before long. Well, it's the end of the week and all have made a good recovery. The thought crossed my mind that it might have been the new light being either too close or too powerful but the same thing happens to 8 other plants which I put into this soil. Anyway, that's hopefully sorted and we can now get on with the show.
This was them from last Monday, after the previous update....

They enjoyed the transplant but then started looking stressed a couple of days later. Now they look like this which isn't much larger than they were in the last update....

We are now in the larger tent (2.5ft x 2ft or 60cm x 80cm) and the plants have a bit more space to breathe.
They are in vertical rows of 4 with the best example being the top plant and the bottom being the smallest plant. I will do a separate update on the plants themselves shortly but for now I'm just updating the situation....

The plants look nice despite the slightly battered appearance. A caterpillar cat chewed up some of the leaves on a couple of the plants when I wasn't looking. It's a good thing I love it....

Some non-chewed plants....

Like I said, I will do an update with some info on the plants themselves soon but first I just have to finish tidying up the grow room after a couple harvest's and a shift about. Still need to straighten this one up for example....

Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

Hey 420. It's been a little under a week since the last update so it's time to see what has been happening.
Overall, everything has been good but there was a minor glitch in the programme early this week. Basically, what happened was I decided that I wasn't going to use my own homemade soil mixes for this or any of my other grows that are about to get underway. Shed's comment about using my own soil got me thinking and I decided that it would probably be safer to get some potting soil and minimise the chance of any drama. Basically I was trying to give myself an easier time by purchasing a couple bags of soil which I did. Turns out that it was very high in nitrogen as all of the plants went incredibly dark green and started to burn up. I decided to just wait it out as nitrogen is used up really quickly in soil and hopefully the plants would get used to the higher levels before long. Well, it's the end of the week and all have made a good recovery. The thought crossed my mind that it might have been the new light being either too close or too powerful but the same thing happens to 8 other plants which I put into this soil. Anyway, that's hopefully sorted and we can now get on with the show.
This was them from last Monday, after the previous update....

They enjoyed the transplant but then started looking stressed a couple of days later. Now they look like this which isn't much larger than they were in the last update....

We are now in the larger tent (2.5ft x 2ft or 60cm x 80cm) and the plants have a bit more space to breathe.
They are in vertical rows of 4 with the best example being the top plant and the bottom being the smallest plant. I will do a separate update on the plants themselves shortly but for now I'm just updating the situation....

The plants look nice despite the slightly battered appearance. A caterpillar cat chewed up some of the leaves on a couple of the plants when I wasn't looking. It's a good thing I love it....

Some non-chewed plants....

Like I said, I will do an update with some info on the plants themselves soon but first I just have to finish tidying up the grow room after a couple harvest's and a shift about. Still need to straighten this one up for example....

Happy growing everyone.
Hey Professor, looks like some character building as my pops would say. I remember I had a cousin who tried growing and his cat used to thoroughly destroy eat his plants. At least yours just nibbled.

You also seem to have taken it so much better then I would have!

Hey Professor, looks like some character building as my pops would say. I remember I had a cousin who tried growing and his cat used to thoroughly destroy eat his plants. At least yours just nibbled.

You also seem to have taken it so much better then I would have!
This isn't the first time the cat has made an appearance. Those are quit small plants so I was lucky. She could have stripped them bare if I hadn't noticed in time. One time she jumped through a gap in the tent door and flattened a load of veg plants. Apparently she likes to do super-cropping her way.
Glad they pulled through mate. Curious what soil you tried. I was gonna give the eco-life soil a go a while back but the guy at the hydro shop actually put me off it. Said it burnt all his seedlings and clones.
Cheers, Vet. I just used a cheap brand from Amazon which cost about £20 for 100ltrs. It wasn't a complete gamble as I have used it before with great results but I did think that it looked slightly different when I opened the bag. I don't think I used it for seedlings last time though and it was all good. Also I have used this stuff for my GSC clones which are more established than these are and they seem fine.
Just caught up never seen a few in 1 pot and separated interesting mate
Hey Ljb1.

It is a good way of saving a bit of time and space, at least initially. The separating is something which some people may find tedious and unnecessary but I don't mind. I only had 4 in these pots but I did 12 bag seeds recently and all were happy in a 1 litre pot for about 3 weeks.
I'm still deciding wether or not to flower all of these in the same pot. That's where the fun is.

I decided that I wasn't going to use my own homemade soil mixes for this or any of my other grows that are about to get underway. Shed's comment about using my own soil got me thinking and I decided that it would probably be safer to get some potting soil and minimise the chance of any drama.
Seems like it's a good plan since it wasn't a 2am, Tesco parking lot purchase like last time!
Turns out that it was very high in nitrogen
Oof! Can't you head down to the local DIY and get some regular non-fertilizer potting soil?
That's where the fun is.
For us anyway!

Hey 420.

The plants seem to have finished being stressed out by the soil but it did take quite some time. More time than I would have liked in fact so I have altered my plan slightly. Instead of using the soil which is causing the plants discomfort I have decided to go back to the original plan and use my own soil lol. Laugh it up!

They are all pretty much growing again though there is a casualty who is really struggling. One of the WiFi OG's took it badly and has only gotten worse....

A few others took it badly but have turned around and are growing well again....

But for the most part, were all good....

Now we just have to fit them all in here....

Shouldn't be too difficult lol. First we need to do some trimming though.

Here are the WiFi OG's....

And here we are stripped to the top growth....

And then put into the pot which is ten gallons by the way....

I even put the struggling WiFi in there. If it doesn't grow then I'll chop it out. Likewise if it is male then it'll also be chopped out. It's a bit of a game, this one.

Next is the Highbite x BBTK. These are really nice and want to grow. All of the plants are looking a bit droopy as they are in need of a feed. I wanted to do the transplant with drier pots so I didn't water them. Now you know....

And then stripped....

Now cometh the BBTK's themselves. Two distinct appearances....

Stipped!....

Finally we have the Sunset Sherbet x BBTK. I think these are my favourite if we're to be judging them based on early appearance....

I didn't get a pic if those "stipped". I was really high so what can I say.

They all fit though....

Looks tropical....

Now comes the hard part. Filling in all the gaps with soil without damaging or burying the plants....

We did it and have watered it in with some good old fashioned tap water....

Back in the tent! Now we have to give them a week to allow for the roots to get comfortable and then we can flip to flower....

Now I know it looks a bit crap at the moment but give it some time and we will have a multicoloured, psychedelic jungle to marvel at. Now all we have to do is keep our fingers crossed for more females than males and hope for at least one of each of the four strains. I think we'll be fine lol.

Happy growing everyone.

I'm not going to lie- I didn't even realize that you could grow that many out of a singular grow bag. Huh...well that sparks a few ideas for this winter and doing a seed making run....thanks Proff, lesson learned!

I'm not going to lie- I didn't even realize that you could grow that many out of a singular grow bag. Huh...well that sparks a few ideas for this winter and doing a seed making run....thanks Proff, lesson learned!
Lol. Thanks Rexer. Technically this will be the fourth one of these I've set up though the third which is currently ongoing is unlikely to make it to harvest....

That was 8 plants in a pot outdoors. They are going really slowly though so I don't think they will have enough time. They look to have a good amount of sativa genetics in their appearance which is a bad choice for here.

I have done 2 more though with great success. The plants seem to accommodate each other and should fill up the as space quite nicely.
The best thing about it though is that you can fill an area really quickly and only water a single pot. I just treat it as a single entity and there's never been a problem with this kind of grow.

Thank you- I wish you could have seen the look on my face: went from a jaw drop, to a look of awe in a flash.

I managed to get my hands on some regular auto seeds and have the itch to make some seeds. I don't truly need them just yet....but all this reading of pollen chucking has given me the itch to try some. That and I do have some genetics that I'd like to hold onto if possible.

Truly grateful, that solves a problem of how I was going to squeeze so many into my cabinet.

Thank you- I wish you could have seen the look on my face: went from a jaw drop, to a look of awe in a flash.

I managed to get my hands on some regular auto seeds and have the itch to make some seeds. I don't truly need them just yet....but all this reading of pollen chucking has given me the itch to try some. That and I do have some genetics that I'd like to hold onto if possible.

Truly grateful, that solves a problem of how I was going to squeeze so many into my cabinet.
Ive not successfully done one of these with autos though I did try. It was a bad start so I canceled the grow.

When it comes to how many can be sqeezed in I think it's more a case of how they are trained above ground rather than how much space the roots have.

Looks Professorial! :welldone:
Last time we had sand for that finishing touch if I remember rightly.

Hey 420.

Not long now until we flip to flower. I am aiming for Monday and so far we are still on track.
The plants are really enjoying my own homemade potting soil and haven't melted like they did with Amazons finest lol. Even the little WiFi OG x BBTK which I thought was done for is now growing and has clearly improved. It seems as if my soil is also pretty high in nitrogen as the plants are pretty dark but it's not like before. They look much healthier now....

And here is the little runt who is still in the game....

Fortunately despite not labeling each plant, I still know which each one is. As long as I don't spin the pot like last time we will be good lol.

BBTK....

BBTK x WiFi OG....

BBTK x Highbite....

BBTK x Sunset Sherbet....

So far, so good. There are noticeable similarities between many off them and it's not too difficult to tell that they are related. I like 2 of the Sunset Sherb crosses. They are the most different and have a much shorter and tighter profile than most.
The final thing to do before the flip on Monday will be to tie the plants on the outside down to give a flatter canopy and to allow light to hit the shorter plants in the centre.
Happy growing everyone

The Professor's multi pots are like a litter of puppies in a 5 gallon sack.

file.png

Back
Top Bottom