Wembley

Just chillin about to go for a smoke... I had a mishap this morning.. dropped my light on my plants. It sucked ass!!

edit: how’s your morning going brother!? @Stltoed
Wipeout. I'm good. I actually left my cave and tried to help a few new people. My heart grew 3 sizes this day. Nothing crazy going on. Gonna roll a big ol' joint and chill.

That looks straight gnar gnar!! :headbanger:
It really is. There are a couple crazy breaks in Western Australia that arent very nice to surfers. This one is called "The Right". The waves are pretty God Damn big, but look at the thickness of the lip... bonkers.
This style of wave is called a slab. Water wells up from the deep and hits a shelf in shallow water. The waves are super heavy, and incredibly dangerous since the water depth at the break can be very shallow. This is Cyclops Island.
The "Bra Boys" are a group/gang from a poor part of Australia that grew up at the beach and are mad men in the water. Theres actually movie about them on Netflix, or Hulu, Prime... I'm not sure which one.

This is one of the craziest waves on the planet
Teahoopu in Tahiti, with one of the greatest watermen, Laird Hamilton. This one ride was considered the most incredible for quite some time, if not still.. You can see the wave is much thicker than he is tall. But the wave shape is totally refined. This break hasn't been surfed very long. They started towing in with jetskis just to make sure they would make the drop. Some now paddle in, which is utterly ridiculous.

This is Shipstern Bluff in Tasmania. This one is a beast. Not bigger than Teapoohu, but just as dangerous due to the messy face.

This is the closest big wave from me. The Wedge, in Newport Beach next to the channel on the North side. It's a strange break that gets super shallow when it's big. A"parting shot" in Surfer magazine in the late 90s showed a surfer in the middle of a barrel, and below him was just sand. This break is usually haunted by body boarders. I dont surf, I used to body board, but apparently I'm a pussy, because I would never try this one at this size

There are crazy waves on each continent from Jefferys Bay in Africa, to Cloudbreak in Fiji, there are a ton of wild waves out there, some of which only break a couple times a year.

Here is the hottest break going on right now. Records are set every year for the largest surfable wave. It's in Portugal of all places... Nasare

It really is. There are a couple crazy breaks in Western Australia that arent very nice to surfers. This one is called "The Right". The waves are pretty God Damn big, but look at the thickness of the lip... bonkers.
This style of wave is called a slab. Water wells up from the deep and hits a shelf in shallow water. The waves are super heavy, and incredibly dangerous since the water depth at the break can be very shallow. This is Cyclops Island.
The "Bra Boys" are a group/gang from a poor part of Australia that grew up at the beach and are mad men in the water. Theres actually movie about them on Netflix, or Hulu, Prime... I'm not sure which one.

This is one of the craziest waves on the planet
Teahoopu in Tahiti, with one of the greatest watermen, Laird Hamilton. This one ride was considered the most incredible for quite some time, if not still.. You can see the wave is much thicker than he is tall. But the wave shape is totally refined. This break hasn't been surfed very long. They started towing in with jetskis just to make sure they would make the drop. Some now paddle in, which is utterly ridiculous.

This is Shipstern Bluff in Tasmania. This one is a beast. Not bigger than Teapoohu, but just as dangerous due to the messy face.

This is the closest big wave from me. The Wedge, in Newport Beach next to the channel on the North side. It's a strange break that gets super shallow when it's big. A"parting shot" in Surfer magazine in the late 90s showed a surfer in the middle of a barrel, and below him was just sand. This break is usually haunted by body boarders. I dont surf, I used to body board, but apparently I'm a pussy, because I would never try this one at this size

There are crazy waves on each continent from Jefferys Bay in Africa, to Cloudbreak in Fiji, there are a ton of wild waves out there, some of which only break a couple times a year.

Here is the hottest break going on right now. Records are set every year for the largest surfable wave. It's in Portugal of all places... Nasare
Holly shit! Hose were some serious waves! Straight gnarly!! I love the adrenaline that comes with most things, but some of those waves looked terrifying, and super dangerous to get caught in. Holly shit that was gnarly!! Thanks for sharing those!!

@shottafire check out those vids!!

Holly shit! Hose were some serious waves! Straight gnarly!! I love the adrenaline that comes with most things, but some of those waves looked terrifying, and super dangerous to get caught in. Holly shit that was gnarly!! Thanks for sharing those!!

Seen all these and then some. West oz is a force to be reckoned with as well as south oz and Tasmania. Sharkey as all could be and waves that will send you to the er with a quickness. I grew up surfing wedge myself @Stltoed pretty heavy spot but nothing like the slabs breaking over reef. Bra boys is an awesome flick for sure.
i went to a little island off the coast of West Java a few years ago on a boat trip with 15 Australian surfers and surfed this spot Called apocalypse scariest wave I have ever surfed for sure. this is the spot we surfed a couple times until one of the guys cracked his head on the reef and the boats cook had to stitch him up fucking gnarly shit and closest hospital is in Jakarta minimum 10-12 hours travel time.

I love watching these sick fuckers. Theres a competition called Red Bull's Cape Fear. It's all about slab surfing. In 2016 this competition was called off cause three people went to the hospital.

Red Bull tastes like a regurgitated lollipop, but they have the best competitions. Crashed Ice, The Flutag, and my favorite... Red Bull Rampage.
Glad I found this particular link... The long hair Kiwi dude is dead.
Crankworx is also great. Nicholi Rogatkin doesnt always win, but he ALWAYS sends it. Honestly, if he doesnt hit a podium it's because he pops a tire. I rode a mountain bike for decades and never popped a tire from a jump
This was interesting... almost went to see it happen
If you have the time look that dude up, Robbie Madison, hes a loon in his own right setting distance jump records that will blow your mind.
The highest sky dive was interesting but the dude almost bailed out... that was fun. Good ol' Red Bull

I grew up in HB. But I now live in Topanga area
Gotcha. I lived in Costa Mesa for a while. Newport was fun, but I really liked Laguna Beach. Thousand Steps was always fun

Gotcha. I lived in Costa Mesa for a while. Newport was fun, but I really liked Laguna Beach. Thousand Steps was always fun
Yeah bro you were right there I have many memories of doing psychedelics down at thousand steps. Bunch of insane skim boarding has taken place down there basically best in the world. Skimboarding is I would say the hardest sport of any board sports hands down and to make it look good.
@Backlipslide watch this too

Yeah bro you were right there I have many memories of doing psychedelics down at thousand steps. Bunch of insane skim boarding has taken place down there basically best in the world. Skimboarding is I would say the hardest sport of any board sports hands down and to make it look good.
@Backlipslide watch this too
I dropped acid there and almost drown. Still one of the best days I ever had. Just a bitchen place. A great spot for the spongers. You're absolutely right about the skimboarding there. All the way to the left, the backwash off that wall... magic.

I dont skimboard... ever

I dropped acid there and almost drown. Still one of the best days I ever had. Just a bitchen place. A great spot for the spongers. You're absolutely right about the skimboarding there. All the way to the left, the backwash off that wall... magic.

I dont skimboard... ever
That’s so awesome. I share that same actual experience with you. I fried balls down there a few times back in the day. Haha small world

That’s so awesome. I share that same actual experience with you. I fried balls down there a few times back in the day. Haha small world
The Dead was playing in Carson so we got hooked up there. THAT was a blast in it self. Some funny stuff... it really is a small world

This was interesting... almost went to see it happen
Hey! I watched that live on tv! Not as cool as being there though! Lol watching all these surfing and skim boarding videos got me itchen to go board!! I’m no where near the ocean, closest thing I could do is snow hoard, it snowed all day so it would be fitting lol!

Back
Top Bottom