What are quality air fans

Peterpangreen

Hey guys,

Last night my friends 4x4 turned into mad flames allot of fire. It was because one of the fans caught flame because it was always on. He could safe the room right on time but everything else burned down.

I got scared when I heard this news and wanted some help on buying some quality fans.

Any tips on good quality fans with a clamp?

Fans and timers cause a lot of fires. People tend to spend little on them and never think to replace them. And, most are cheaply built. That sucks man sorry to hear that.

My only advice is to buy good stuff and hope and pray. And, have a plan if there is a problem. Buying equipment these days can be a crap shoot with all the middle men and race to the bottom on prices you see.

Many of the cheaper fans, look like they're made by the same manufacturer, but rebranded by different companies. Most of the better choices, are backed by a good warranty. Never "cheap out" on equipment that takes 24/7 abuse. Same goes with timers as well.

Also, I suggest adding a smoke alarm in grow rooms and tents--a simple investment can save thousands, and most importantly, lives.

Hydrofarm has everything. I use hurricane, can fan, and vortex fans. One 6" and 2 8". I also use hurricane 16" fans. I use 3 of them in my flower room and 2 small clip fans in veg. Just enough to move air. Never had an issue (knock on wood) with any of the fans I'm using. However I had to replace an 8" because it stopped turning after an hour. Other than that, no issues. It is good to keep them really clean and the bearings lubricated. It will save you trouble.

I really like oscillating floor fans too. Work great at moving air.

The most important thing is not to overload your circuits. In my flower room, 11x11, every light is on their own 15 amp breaker for safety. Use quality timers and equipment like the others are saying.

I wish you the best.

Many of the cheaper fans, look like they're made by the same manufacturer, but rebranded by different companies. Most of the better choices, are backed by a good warranty. Never "cheap out" on equipment that takes 24/7 abuse. Same goes with timers as well.

Also, I suggest adding a smoke alarm in grow rooms and tents--a simple investment can save thousands, and most importantly, lives.
I have 2 smoke alarms, one inside the tent and one outside the tent.

I use the Davin timer for turning on lights.

I run everything off a gfci really heavy duty power strip in the tent with the hope that the gfci will trip before anything really back could happen too.

I run everything off a gfci really heavy duty power strip in the tent with the hope that the gfci will trip before anything really back could happen too.
What is that gfci?

A GFCI extension cord has a ground fault circuit breaker that diverts power when an overload current is detected. The GFCI cord prevents dangerous high voltage electrical shocks from water and other hazards. It is useful when a standard GFCI receptacle is not available. Think like the outlets in the bathroom that have a little breaker in the outlet, but in a power strip instead.

I just purchased this yesterday.

It is unreal! Had two clip fans that didn't do s#$t, this works great reasonably small there is a bigger one 655 but this is more than enough for my 5ft x 5ft.
I also run a cheap tower fan without the base lying along the floor directed up at scrog screen canopy.

Back
Top Bottom