What can you do with kief?

HigherTheHigh

Hello all!

So iv recently stopped smoking due to a well over needed tolerance break plus iv been getting medical help which has helped me take the time off from smoking.

So iv dry sifted around 10g of kief at 120 micron roughly but other than sprinkling it in a bowl or in your roll what else can i do with it?

I have another 10-30g worth to be collected to, never really had anything to do with the kief side, had it when its been pressed but really not my thing.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Press it and try the oil from it. Don't need a fancy press or rig. Then make moon rocks. +2

I don't think so. I just noticed where you said oil isn't your thing. It is 70% less damaging on your lungs.... not trying to be a pusher, but... hash is great by itself..... just roll it into a ball and hit the edges. Plenty of good folks here have guides. Im an oil man ;) stay lifted bro

If there is a way to make oil with it i am more than happy to try, iv heard and only heard so very unaware if this is true but making it into a vape style oil, i would go for something like that or like you said make moon rocks.

Get your wife or old lady's hair straightener thingy and get erdun ;) oh, some parchment paper too, or you'll be sleeping on the couch the next day ;) ask me how I know.... geterdun

Are you trying to vape it via a cart? Is that the reason for the PG/VG?

Unless you're dripping it, mixing kief with any PG/VG mix will probably clog something. I've been looking for a way to do it without extracting first and I'm not sure there's an easy solution. You could still do a 75-80% VG mix and drip it, but your coils will gunk up more quickly.

What to do with Keif! Wow there is so many options.

If you like black hash like I do. You can place a glass plate or bowl in the window sill. Put the entire clump or 10g piece of keif on it on a warm sunny day. With the sunlight warming up this plate in the window sill. Over a couple hours it should get nice and dark a lot of times caramel colours will come out. All I do is roll it around into a ball shape every so often. The end product after a lot of patience is sheer pleasure. This is the most simple way I like the enjoy keif. I used to just smoke it or press it for rosin. Which I still don’t mind it’s just a longer process with more materials needed on hand. If the keif is too dry then add some heat and mostiure. This method works Best with ice extraction in bubble bags. If u use dry ice like I did. I will heat the kief up and at times spray with a mister some moisture so I can begin to work the keif into a hash ball.

Here is a link to a great 420mag members guide to how he makes shatter / oil. GT’s guide is comical and very informative. Enjoy !

Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

@GatorGumbo raise a valuable point about impurities in your vap could end up clogging it or reducing efficiency.

But since that's the direction you want to take your kief. You should research how to convert the solid into an oil which can than be syringe loaded into a reusable cartridge.

A lot of advice on converting kief to oil, led us towards BHO, ISO or even everclear.

Here's pretty much the way to do it for the best results, at least as far as I have read on the internet. I suggest using it in a RDA and to build your own coils since they will gunk up, but if you have a device that can handle heavy or full VG then you should be fine in the flow department. You can increase the ratio of extract to juice as you see fit, higher concentrations obviously mean a more potent buzz.

Rosin press flowers/kief for extract.
Mix extract to PG base at around 1:2 ratio and at 110F (temp helps them mix).
Mix the extract and PG combination with your nic or nic-less base VG/PG at a ratio of 1:3.
Flavour accordingly (think caramel, pear, apples, nuts besides hazelnuts— things that mix with rosemary well should work).
*Will lose potency until completely ineffective at around one month old. Make small batches at a time.*

For mixing just kief, the only answer I know of is to just mix it and deal with it being suspended in the solution instead of actually being "juice". It won't homogenize and it will almost certainly clog every tank on the market, even one that can handle high VG. The problem is that the kief itself likely will not wick well, wicking would actually filter it out of the ejuice and easily gunk up. I'd probably only do it if I was making a present for someone or something, it's novel but wasteful due to the loss of potency over a short time, though that's just my opinion.

I wish i had of thought of that haha i ended up adding it to my joints in the end, im going to try make something else other than extract kief from my trim and popcorn next time if you have any suggestions :).

Back
Top Bottom