What's my problem?

Runoff pH is not a thing. Slurry testing with distilled water is the only method of checking the pH of your substrate.
I just did some research on Run off pH & every article I read says Run Off pH in soil is just as important as the pH of the nutes going in. So it is a thing. I'm not buying into that it's not important. I always did it prior to using MC without all these issues & now that I haven't ... well.
Here's one of the articles.
www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-grow-guide/measuring-the-ph-of-soil-soilless-runoff/

I'm new to indoor and fertilizing, so I got MC after seeing successful grows here @ 420. I didn't start using MC until day 1 of 12/12.These are at week 4 since 12/12. I use 3 and a third tsp to 5 gallons RO which is probably only about 4 grams a gallon and these plants are happy so far. I'm going to up it slightly the next watering. Light is a 250w budget led. Strain is a homemade cross.

1.jpg2.jpg

I was having the same problems, but with miracle grow (bad idea I know). I have switched to pro mix bx grow medium with Botanicare feeding schedule. Results are very good with absolutely no problems. Maybe it’s luck or maybe just keeping it simple. Proof is in the pudding for me! I’ll attach feeding schedule I use and some pics. Using just tap water Botanicare grow, bloom, cal mag, and liquid karma. Try it, works for me. My temps are between 70 in the morning to 81 by the end of 12 hour light schedule (lights do most of the heating for me, except in extreme cold temps), with humidity around 50%, 40% during last week. I use a humidifier and air conditioner to tune things in to where I want them.

Attachments

• 3A0CF863-5078-4C83-9C4F-5F8A0AF1D4FB.jpeg
    3A0CF863-5078-4C83-9C4F-5F8A0AF1D4FB.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 9F30CE17-3AB6-44B3-B99E-AA4461103079.jpeg
    9F30CE17-3AB6-44B3-B99E-AA4461103079.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 53
  • 747E24D4-8FF8-4871-A1A9-D3850BA00282.jpeg
    747E24D4-8FF8-4871-A1A9-D3850BA00282.jpeg
    851.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 4816613B-7B13-4155-AC79-90222FDD44A6.jpeg
    4816613B-7B13-4155-AC79-90222FDD44A6.jpeg
    946.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 10E6D39B-170B-4C5E-BA1C-2345715C1942.jpeg
    10E6D39B-170B-4C5E-BA1C-2345715C1942.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 56
I usually use liquid nutes. Decided to try Mega Crop. MC is way different to use so I'm more or less learning to use this nute type & having some issues doing so.
I lowered my nute strength to 5 grams & it's helping but not totally gone. Slowed quite a bit though. Not sure if it needs more recovery time or lower strength nutes. I'm going back to 4.5 grams next feeding & going on a Feed, Water, Feed, Water schedule for a week or 2 till I see the plants looking better. They're still budding up nicely & starting to get some crystals now so things aren't too bad I guess.

I usually use liquid nutes. Decided to try Mega Crop. MC is way different to use so I'm more or less learning to use this nute type & having some issues doing so.
I lowered my nute strength to 5 grams & it's helping but not totally gone. Slowed quite a bit though. Not sure if it needs more recovery time or lower strength nutes. I'm going back to 4.5 grams next feeding & going on a Feed, Water, Feed, Water schedule for a week or 2 till I see the plants looking better. They're still budding up nicely & starting to get some crystals now so things aren't too bad I guess.
IMHO, this would be overkill in the other direction, going feed/water/feed/water. Vegan Fertilizers work differently than traditional nutes in that when you give water only, there is no residual with the exception of some forms of N and Ca that stay in the soil until used, but other than that, during a water only session a MC plant has zero nutrient... this never happens in the old nutrient world. Zero nutrient is not recommended in a MC grow... the plant will immediately react to not having ANY nutrients available to it at all... just lower the dosage to where you want it to be. Go to 4.75g if you are reluctant to go all the way down to 4.5... trust your gut... but don't go water only. Again, refer to the GLN website, but they specifically recommend not giving water only. It is my firm belief that at 4.5-4.75 you are going to see that your problem has totally gone away.

IMHO, this would be overkill in the other direction, going feed/water/feed/water. Vegan Fertilizers work differently than traditional nutes in that when you give water only, there is no residual with the exception of some forms of N and Ca that stay in the soil until used, but other than that, during a water only session a MC plant has zero nutrient... this never happens in the old nutrient world. Zero nutrient is not recommended in a MC grow... the plant will immediately react to not having ANY nutrients available to it at all... just lower the dosage to where you want it to be. Go to 4.75g if you are reluctant to go all the way down to 4.5... trust your gut... but don't go water only. Again, refer to the GLN website, but they specifically recommend not giving water only. It is my firm belief that at 4.5-4.75 you are going to see that your problem has totally gone away.
I know MC says feed every time. I also know this is their 3rd version because they didn't get it right the 1st 2 times. One has to wonder if they still don't have it right. Also, on liquid nutes the tell you to use 4 times what you should actually be using. Maybe MC tells you to use it every time for the same reason. So you use it up faster & have to buy more. Just thoughts going through my head. But you are usually right so I'll drop to the 4.5 gram feed like suggested. Thanks.

Why would you up the mc if you thought you had a n def? Also why are we even worried about n 5 weeks into flower? Been using ffof exclusively for my past 5 cycles along with the ff trio and have absolutely zero problems. As far as what the issue might be, your temps and humidity look high (65-70f with 40-50% hum max) along with focusing more on p and k to promote more bud growth, good luck.

Why would you up the mc if you thought you had a n def? Also why are we even worried about n 5 weeks into flower? Been using ffof exclusively for my past 5 cycles along with the ff trio and have absolutely zero problems. As far as what the issue might be, your temps and humidity look high (65-70f with 40-50% hum max) along with focusing more on p and k to promote more bud growth, good luck.
MC is a 1 part powder formula. You either increase or decrease the strength of the MC if you run into a def. or tox. It's totally different than liquid nutes. I can't adjust the amounts of Grow, Bloom & Micro nutes separately to fix things or add things like Epsom Salts, Molasses, etc to fix things either. I usually don't have all these issues with liquid nutes either. It's my 1st grow & a learning experience using this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom