What's my problem?

Hi all. Been doing a Journal but things are going south so need some help. I'm growing in FFOF & using Mega Crop for the 1st time. The plants vegged for 5 weeks & tomorrow will be 5 weeks into Flower. Temps run 77 - 81 F & RH is 50 - 60%.
Using 2 Mars Hydro TSW 2000 LED's for 3 plants. I haven't pH'd anything as I keep getting told it's not needed with MC.
I'm not so sure about that one ???
When I look at the plants I see an "N" def. but I'm told it's not "N" def. but somethings not right. Can anyone tell me what is going on & how to fix it? Any advice would sure be helpful as I'm lost when it comes to figuring out this MC stuff.
It started on my Gorilla Girl about 7 - 10 days ago. She has been getting about 5 leaves or more per day yellowing & falling off. Over the past 2 - 3 days my Afghan Kush has started doing the same thing.
Since I thought this was an N def. I upped the dosage of MC from 6 to 6.5 grams per gallon. Not sure what to think.
6-330.JPG
6-331.JPG
6-332.JPG
6-333.JPG
6-334.JPG

6.5... getting up there. I ended up having to back mine back down to 4.5.
@InTheShed and @Emilya helped me with my MC issues. Maybe they can chime in.
It looks like you’re running a bit hot.
How’s your water/feed schedule?

No Water / Just Feed. Feed about every 2nd day. Depends on Pot Weight. About 1 gallon per pot.
Emilya popped in on my journal. Her advice was maybe I should take other peoples advice instead of the ones posting in my journal. I actually think I have some of the better MC growers giving me advice. I get most my info from @MrSauga , @InTheShed & @Pennywise , besides what I read in other posts, etc.

I did back down on 2 of my plants. I was at 6 grams per gallon on the Afghan which I lowered to 5.5 because of "N" Toxicity. Once I lowered it I started getting yellowing on the bottom leaves. Oh, I flushed before I lowered the MC. Ran 15 gallons of water ph'd to 6.4 through it.
I lowered the MC on the Gorilla Glue also from 5.5 to 5 grams due to "N" tox. She's doing fine with no yellowing. I don't know if the MC is too strong or too weak. If I go up I get "N" Tox. If I go down I get yellowing leaves. I'm puzzled !!!

Remember that overfeeding can be chronic too. Reducing is not necessarily an instant fix. Issues can still show up days after making a change in the right direction.
Yes, it takes a few days to see improvements. Once I flushed & fed a lower dose the N tox went away in a few days. Then the yellowing started. I still think it's pH related.
I'm told not to pH the nutes going in with MC. Not going with that B.S. any longer because I keep having issues. From now on it's getting Ph'd to 6.4.
I also believe it needs some CalMag.

Lol.. Ya I ph mine in a fashion. When I started using it I figured out how many drops I had to add to get to ph 6 (coco). Now I just add the pH down without actually testing it. A little less for weaker solutions. Seems forgiving ,but I don't think I'd trust not adjusting at all. The yellowing could have something to with the big flush too possibly?

Oh well, hopefully I'll get some replies throughout the day. I have to figure out what to do about unemployment. Been denied 2 weeks in a row & bills are stacking up & past due. Boss told me the Shared Work Program wouldn't work for his company & therefore he was laying off. I was the last person hired so I got laid off 2 weeks ago. Applied for unemployment but keep getting denied because it says I'm ineligible because my Employer is on the Shared Work Program. At the time I was laid off he wasn't on it. So I have to call Unemployment & my boss in hopes of straightening all this shit out. I'm about to lose everything if something doesn't happen quick.

Yes, it takes a few days to see improvements. Once I flushed & fed a lower dose the N tox went away in a few days. Then the yellowing started. I still think it's pH related.
I'm told not to pH the nutes going in with MC. Not going with that B.S. any longer because I keep having issues. From now on it's getting Ph'd to 6.4.
I also believe it needs some CalMag.
I always go in at 6.2. I get they say no need to, but it takes an extra 2 minutes so why not.

and Em.... I see a clear K lockout, caused of course by too much MC.
Looks like my Glue Cookies did. Looks
Like you just nuked it.
223F8C69-63E3-4C2D-A524-AA849B7563B2.jpeg

It's funny how so many people following the popular advise are having the same problem... hmmmm.
Mine started showing up at 5g/gal.

I think people are trying to push MC and ending up with multiple lock outs.
It’s easy to get carried away with for sure. I guess that’s the downfall in having an “all in one” nutrient.
I’ll be going back to built soil and compost teas most likely.

Back
Top Bottom