What's my problem?

In all honesty guys, I have not used MC or any other nute, I grow in LOS. Having said that, one thing I have learned over the years that “the simplist solution is usually the right solution”

If those dying leaves are more than 12” below a thick canopy, the girl is likely just shedding excess baggage. LEDs, and it doesn’t matter if they are COB, QB or some other format, only have about 12” of penetrating power. Foliage below this point doesn’t receive enough light to thrive and as such, our girls will pull resources out of that foliage and then shed the leaves rather than put energy into them. It’s a survival mechanism to minimize being shaded by taller plants and allows the energy into building tops and upward growth.

As you are using MC, this may not be the problem, but in LOS that would be my first guess.

Just some thoughts from an old man who lives by the KISS principle ;)

someone get this man a cigar blunt .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mine too... seemed to love MC at 4.5-4.75 and given at that rate I was also able to use BE and SC. The additional supplements would have been locked out, useless and probably harmful if I had been using 5g or above of MC.
What rate did you settle on with the BE and SC?
Mine were happy at 4.5g MC, .5g BE, .5g SC, but went south when I bumped the MC to 5g.
I still think GNL’s comment about BE not being for soil is odd considering they have soil listed on the bag. Ive stopped using both for now.

If I decide to ever use MC again (BIG "IF") I will only grow 1 strain. Too hard to deal with when you have to mix 3 - 4 different strengths. I grew 9 different strains with AN all the same dosage all the way through & No Issues like this stuff is giving me.

all my strains are grown on the one mc mix. i do not tailor. i do choose a "problem child" and shoot to keep that one happy. if the hard one is happy they all are. actually found it miles simpler / easier in mc

AN refugee. will never go back. especially after learning about their long term market plan.

there are other nute lines out there. been hearing about a few more dry nutes like mc or jacks (?) - some two-parts etc.
mc isn't the only thing in the boat.

Yellowing is all on the bottom leaves. Plants are about 2' tall . Here's pics from top.
6-313.JPG
6-314.JPG
6-316.JPG
6-319.JPG
6-321.JPG
6-316.JPG
6-325.JPG
6-327.JPG
6-329.JPG

That’s what I was looking for, those plants are nice, thick and healthy.

I would be willing to put money on those leaves receiving too little light and mamma is just shedding the excess baggage she doesn’t need.

I am just winding down my first grow with mega crop. Had some troubles along the way but all in all going to end up with some really nice bud although the leaves aren't looking too pretty.I was having problems when I started going over 5 grams and started going higher with the nutes things only got worse. Emilya reached out to me and convinced me to go the other way and lower my nutes and things got better I started having problems when I was going over 5 grams. Well I am kind of old school and old habits are hard to break so I have been adjusting the pH the whole time two around the low 6s. Anyways my take is with mega crap less is more! I think you may be a little high with the nutrients.

all my strains are grown on the one mc mix. i do not tailor. i do choose a "problem child" and shoot to keep that one happy. if the hard one is happy they all are. actually found it miles simpler / easier than mc

AN refugee. will never go back. especially after learning about their long term market plan.

there are other nute lines out there. been hearing about a few more dry nutes like mc or jacks (?) - some two-parts etc.
mc isn't the only thing in the boat.

Same same

I had,/have some stragglers and they get the 5gr each too...no issues at all

Not sure I'll use MC in DWC, need to add an air stone and see how it reacts 1st, but live the dirty dirty Dirt girls for sure

how large is that pot ? leaves are getting eaten from the bottom.
plant looks like it might be big enough for up pot. or should have been flipped. could be a contributing issue.

6.5 is way hot for veg. it's near max for most flower runs. i recently ran 7.0 at max in flower and it was a nail biter. we pulled back right after plateau.

running without ph in mc is a myth perpetuated by a group of kool aid drinkers in the mistaken belief it is jesus juice.

ph still counts - especially if other parameters are at the outside. greenleaf never told anyone to not ph. ever.
The pots are 5 gallon. Did 5 weeks of Veg & I'm on week 5 of Flower (1st day of Week 5)
Switched to 12/12 5 weeks ago.

Only got to 4.5 gr. in Veg. Increased .5 grams at a time during the past 5 weeks.

I'm believing the pH thing is a Myth at this point. I'm almost positive this is all being caused by pH issues. After Flushing 1 plant Run Off was 5.6. After Flush on another Run off was 6.4. And after Flush on the last one Run Off was 7.5. Shit was all over the place. All 15 gallons of water for each plant was pH'd to 6.4 going in but came back with all different Run Off Ph's.
Never had this happen with Regular Liquid Nutes. If I flushed with 6.4 I always got run off between 6.2 - 6.5. Not with MC.
Everyone tells me not to worry about Run Off pH & only about what you put in. And then contradict their selves by saying No Need to pH MC. Makes no sense to me.

The pots are 5 gallon. Did 5 weeks of Veg & I'm on week 5 of Flower (1st day of Week 5)
Switched to 12/12 5 weeks ago.

Only got to 4.5 gr. in Veg. Increased .5 grams at a time during the past 5 weeks.

I'm believing the pH thing is a Myth at this point. I'm almost positive this is all being caused by pH issues. After Flushing 1 plant Run Off was 5.6. After Flush on another Run off was 6.4. And after Flush on the last one Run Off was 7.5. Shit was all over the place. All 15 gallons of water for each plant was pH'd to 6.4 going in but came back with all different Run Off Ph's.
Never had this happen with Regular Liquid Nutes. If I flushed with 6.4 I always got run off between 6.2 - 6.5. Not with MC.
Everyone tells me not to worry about Run Off pH & only about what you put in. And then contradict their selves by saying No Need to pH MC. Makes no sense to me.
There are a lot of “experts” out there.
From GLN...
22722BF0-70B4-400A-A1F9-310103FD4416.jpeg

I'm in hydro 5gal buckets, first grow using m.c i'm at about 4 weeks in still using 2 grams per gal for about 3.5 gal of ro water, i ph mine to 5.8/5.9 because i tested a few times in the a.m to find it at 6.4 to 6.5 so now i do test every morning and adjust from there. Also my silver haze seems to want cal/mag to keep her happy at change i add 5ml, and yet my old dirty biker doesn't take any, guess it all trail and error. Good luck. :peace:
This is sounding more & more like a pH issue to me.

I was told that doesn't apply to Ver. 3 MC. That they adjusted the formula so it's not needed.
Hmmmm.
I will say that if I’m only using MC, after mixing, I am at 6.3-6.5 every time. It drops to 5.8 when I add in SC or BE though.
Ive always adjusted to 6.2-6.3 regardless.

I was told that doesn't apply to Ver. 3 MC. That they adjusted the formula so it's not needed.
Hmmmm.

who told you ? greenleaf ? if not no follow ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

who told you ? greenleaf ? if not no follow ... :cheesygrinsmiley:
That’s exactly why I emailed them. Getting conflicting answers from everyone.

bottom line is you are good buds ...
that plant will eat a few more up in flower. mine can look plain awful by finish.

these are coming down in the next 10 says or so. the top fans are toasted on most of the plants. interior is lush and green and never noticed.

Back
Top Bottom