What's my problem?

My issue was that I had some plants that probably would have been better served at 4.5, and others at 5, and another at 5.5.
Ive decided not to run more than two strains at a time in the future.

Folks seem to keep increasing without the plant ever asking for more. Like it's a race or something. Even slight overfeeding adds up over time. I see absolutely no reason to think it needs calmag. Quite the opposite.
Yeah I caught myself trying to keep up with the feed schedule, rather than watching my plants.

how large is that pot ? leaves are getting eaten from the bottom.
plant looks like it might be big enough for up pot. or should have been flipped. could be a contributing issue.

6.5 is way hot for veg. it's near max for most flower runs. i recently ran 7.0 at max in flower and it was a nail biter. we pulled back right after plateau.

running without ph in mc is a myth perpetuated by a group of kool aid drinkers in the mistaken belief it is jesus juice.

ph still counts - especially if other parameters are at the outside. greenleaf never told anyone to not ph. ever.

I'm in hydro 5gal buckets, first grow using m.c i'm at about 4 weeks in still using 2 grams per gal for about 3.5 gal of ro water, i ph mine to 5.8/5.9 because i tested a few times in the a.m to find it at 6.4 to 6.5 so now i do test every morning and adjust from there. Also my silver haze seems to want cal/mag to keep her happy at change i add 5ml, and yet my old dirty biker doesn't take any, guess it all trail and error. Good luck. :peace:

how large is that pot ? leaves are getting eaten from the bottom.
plant looks like it might be big enough for up pot. or should have been flipped. could be a contributing issue.

6.5 is way hot for veg. it's near max for most flower runs. i recently ran 7.0 at max in flower and it was a nail biter. we pulled back right after plateau.

running without ph in mc is a myth perpetuated by a group of kool aid drinkers in the mistaken belief it is jesus juice.

ph still counts - especially if other parameters are at the outside. greenleaf never told anyone to not ph. ever.
Straight from the horses mouth.
31662CC8-B845-4EA6-9E7F-C1EFF2B3E1FC.jpeg

I'm in Promix HP, well Sunshine mix, never pH my water yet, and they look amazing

So far...lol

it all depends on what you are starting with. we all start with different base line water etc.
it seems to work easier on well. my ro is over ph 7.0 after filter. it's 7.4 before filter.

In all honesty guys, I have not used MC or any other nute, I grow in LOS. Having said that, one thing I have learned over the years that “the simplist solution is usually the right solution”

If those dying leaves are more than 12” below a thick canopy, the girl is likely just shedding excess baggage. LEDs, and it doesn’t matter if they are COB, QB or some other format, only have about 12” of penetrating power. Foliage below this point doesn’t receive enough light to thrive and as such, our girls will pull resources out of that foliage and then shed the leaves rather than put energy into them. It’s a survival mechanism to minimize being shaded by taller plants and allows the energy into building tops and upward growth.

As you are using MC, this may not be the problem, but in LOS that would be my first guess.

Just some thoughts from an old man who lives by the KISS principle ;)

Folks seem to keep increasing without the plant ever asking for more. Like it's a race or something. Even slight overfeeding adds up over time. I see absolutely no reason to think it needs calmag. Quite the opposite.
I only upped the MC when I was told to. Reason I was thinking it needs CalMag is I see some Rusty Spots on those yellowing leaves. Not a lot but there is some.

My issue was that I had some plants that probably would have been better served at 4.5, and others at 5, and another at 5.5.
Ive decided not to run more than two strains at a time in the future.
If I decide to ever use MC again (BIG "IF") I will only grow 1 strain. Too hard to deal with when you have to mix 3 - 4 different strengths. I grew 9 different strains with AN all the same dosage all the way through & No Issues like this stuff is giving me.

Back
Top Bottom