Which Grow Light For The Price? Best Price For The Best Light

What a Deal....

Screenshot_2023-10-16-16-07-35-430_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

very few rigs actually meet the standards set by the CSA. CSA is the highest standard worldwide. they only achieve the european CE levels, and are allowed to market under that here.

the american standard is UL, and it is not a high enough standard on it's own for a rig to get sold here. it has to achieve CE. only the components get rated. not the rig.

none of the lights currently built in china are meeting the standards. brand name, off brand, it doesn't matter. what the mfgrs do is build with components that are individually rated as reaching the CE or UL standard.

the entire rig itself, does not get rated. only individual components. all the components don't even have to reach that. only the majority or critical components need to achieve CE. the rest of it is fine with a UL rating.

if you want to see if you have a quality product, check the rating on the rig and it's individual components.

You know you're very contradicting in your reasonings? First you say that lights sold towards the US and EU market needs to follow safety regulations and the next sentence you say they have none of these regulations in place in China? If that's not contradicting yourself I don't know what is?

Products manufactured in China needs to be tested and approved for the EU and US market and needs to follow the same laws and regulations in the country they're being sold?

I still think you're just repeating what you've read without any real experience using any Chinese brands? Like I mentioned in earlier post it's the patent laws that's the sole reason Chinese brands are able to get their pricing down, not low build quality and components.
You think the bining of led diodes is theoretical nonsense! I don't need to say anymore than that! 🤣
Have you owned a light you’re insulting ?
Is a better question ?
I didn't know lights had feelings and could be insulted.🤣
Your the one who seems to be insulted that I said China doesn't have electronic manufacturing standards for products assembled in China!

You think the bining of led diodes is theoretical nonsense! I don't need to say anymore than that! 🤣

I didn't know lights had feelings and could be insulted.🤣
Your the one who seems to be insulted that I said China doesn't have electronic manufacturing standards for products assembled in China!
Yawn guess your a reader becaue mine or wastei questions still go un answered.
Humor is a great way to dodge the questions you cant answer.

Yawn guess your a reader becaue mine or wastei questions still go un answered.
Humor is a great way to dodge the questions you cant answer.
The question of weather I've owned a Mars or any others mentioned in this thread is no way!! I wouldn’t use one if I was paid to grow under it!!
Here's a question for you.
Have you ever owned used a light that's not mentioned in this thread from a reputable company?

I feel like you've adequately expressed your opinion and frustrations but could we please get back on topic?
I was I said I would purchase the Lumateck in post 36 of this thread.
Watsie instantly chimed in and said how Lumateck are an inferior product compared to the Chinese sponsors of this site. He then said the bin sorting of diodes was theoretical nonsense which it's self is completely garbage!! 🤣
So yeah I made 1 comment and was jumped on by the CCP friends!!
I even provided proof like I was asked to but apparently it's theoretical nonsense!! 🤣
I'll say it again but I'd purchase the Lumateck over any of the others mentioned in this thread!

@Porky82 So what would be the top LEDs available in the world. Where would I look for that? I assume HLG is one of 'em? Any other in mind?

you have to know about the individual emitters to answer that. and yes binning the emitters is important.
hlg is a mfgr, they use different suppliers for different levels of marketing on different levels of products. they also can go cheap on the number and type of emitter, or be generous.

you can answer that question once you understand what each of the components is, what they do, and their individual level of performance and quality. it's not hard.

if you're truly interested i strongly recommend building your own light. when you've done that, you can easily tell if a light is worth it or not, and you can separate what is decent from marketing bullshit.

what component was that sticker on ? the individual component will have that rating.

it won't be of much use to @Bill284 as the light that burnt his house down would have had a driver with that rating. too bad it wasn't CSA, none of the components in any grow light anywhere meet CSA standard.

one issue with cheap rigs is the common counterfeiting of emitters. there's more fake lms out there than there is real ones.

what component was that sticker on ? the individual component will have that rating.

it won't be of much use to @Bill284 as the light that burnt his house down would have had a driver with that rating. too bad it wasn't CSA, none of the components in any grow light anywhere meet CSA standard.

one issue with cheap rigs is the common counterfeiting of emitters. there's more fake lms out there than there is real ones.

It's just on the light.. but the light has the driver within.. I haven't opened it up yet as I am curious how they arranged it or why they needed so much space as it's a pretty large beam in which they put the electronics.
It's made in Austria and the LEDs come from Korea and possibly Austria as well as AMS Osram I think still have production facilities there.
I chose it mainly as the light and the company seemed really cool and they do Cannabis Forschung (research) & manufacturing in house.

Actually if it says C and US it should be approved for Canada according to CSA. And Tüv Süd can test to CSA standards and apply labels.. they are also member of the CSS, It has the C SA US mark if it's actually done by the CSA testing division and NRTL's over there I'd think... But it should be equivalent otherwise you don't get the C.

But yeah like CE, my friend makes filterbanks for audio, he said if he used an off the shelf adapter and paid 15000 euros he got his mark.

It's just on the light.. but the light has the driver within.. I haven't opened it up yet as I am curious how they arranged it or why they needed so much space as it's a pretty large beam in which they put the electronics.
It's made in Austria and the LEDs come from Korea and possibly Austria as well as AMS Osram I think still have production facilities there.
I chose it mainly as the light and the company seemed really cool and they do Cannabis Forschung (research) & manufacturing in house.

Actually if it says C and US it should be approved for Canada according to CSA. And Tüv Süd can test to CSA standards and apply labels.. they are also member of the CSS, It has the C SA US mark if it's actually done by the CSA testing division and NRTL's over there I'd think... But it should be equivalent otherwise you don't get the C.

But yeah like CE, my friend makes filterbanks for audio, he said if he used an off the shelf adapter and paid 15000 euros he got his mark.
Fricking Chinese counterfeit so many products it’s unbelievable. There’s a whole city that’s for bogus products. CL🍀

Actually if it says C and US it should be approved for Canada according to CSA.

approved for sale with the understanding it won't meet CSA standard. you don't need CSA on the product to get an approval. if you have it, approval for sale is automatic.

And Tüv Süd can test to CSA standards and apply labels.. they are also member of the CSS, It has the C SA US mark if it's actually done by the CSA testing division and NRTL's over there I'd think... But it should be equivalent otherwise you don't get the C.

a lone C won't mean anything. it's more for markets outside canada. it's not equivalent at all. it's very simple, unless it says CSA it's not.

my pops worked building hvac systems as an electrical engineer mostly focused on commercial buildings and hockey rinks. i built and repaired led lighting both for myself and for commercial partners for 5 yrs and have worked with led in band and show production for something over 3 decades. we know all about having to meet CSA and what the level of the other standards are.

if you build it to CSA you can market it worldwide. not so much with the others.

he'll only get it as long as each of the components had achieved the rating previous, otherwise the finished product has to be submitted for testing.

CSA rating is hard to get, it takes the destruction of several products in a myriad of tests. it's super expensive as well. it's easy to see why so many opt for a lesser level.

if it's on the center housing it'll probably be for the driver. some countries insist it is visible if the driver itself is hidden, others can have it just on the driver even if not externally visible.

approved for sale with the understanding it won't meet CSA standard. you don't need CSA on the product to get an approval. if you have it, approval for sale is automatic.

a lone C won't mean anything. it's more for markets outside canada. it's not equivalent at all. it's very simple, unless it says CSA it's not.

my pops worked building hvac systems as an electrical engineer mostly focused on commercial buildings and hockey rinks. i built and repaired led lighting both for myself and for commercial partners for 5 yrs and have worked with led in band and show production for something over 3 decades. we know all about having to meet CSA and what the level of the other standards are.

if you build it to CSA you can market it worldwide. not so much with the others.

he'll only get it as long as each of the components had achieved the rating previous, otherwise the finished product has to be submitted for testing.

CSA rating is hard to get, it takes the destruction of several products in a myriad of tests. it's super expensive as well. it's easy to see why so many opt for a lesser level.

Aha, but
So CSA is not the same as the standards you have in Canada??? as to get the C it needs to conform to Canadian standards.. Set by the CSA standards body
if it only conforms to US standards you can't put the C.. then it's just whatever testing lab label US. and you can have SA US labels only as well. Tested by CSA laboratories but only conform to US standards.

CSA group, Underwriter labs or Tüv Süd are or have nationally recognised testing labs in Canada, US and Germany.

Like the mark on mine means that Tüv Süd was used as an OSHA approved NRTL to test to US and Canadian requirements. So I'd imagine for compliance the NRTLs have to perform the tests like the CSA labs would to reach the Canadian standard. No? as thats the whole thing with people trying to achieve standards, they develop protocols so those can be achieved across varying groups.

Or are you saying that the labs the group use in Canada go above and beyond to reach the same standard set by their other body than others to comply to those standards?
Since it's coveted, I'm sure using the actual CSA group might be a more complex, longwinded or expensive process and the mark carries more prestige.

Back
Top Bottom