White Rhino looks like backyard weed and grows slower/harder than a turtle

Ok so I finished hunting for cfl and got two 65W(325 equivalent so they say), 6400K, 4800 lumens each.
Got them both up and also left the 45W cfl.
I actually have 2 plant there but one of them is like a zombie so it was not worth mentioning.
Guess this setup should work?
gr865 I have no clue, got them from a website and those people import them from Amsterdam.

So I am on the new setup but more problems seem to have emerged.
As you can see, the top 2 leaves have black spots on them and the new growth at the top is yellow/white and looks almost dead.
What could it be now?
20160227_173511.jpg

No, never misted them, I only put water on the soil, no chance it could get there by mistake. Heat... never more than 30 celsius and i understand that decent for weed during the day.
Are the lights overkill maybe? There are over 700W of light on them and over 10.000 lumens since I changed the halo and got the 2 325w cfl's.

looks good. try mixing a couple tsp per gallon, of epsom salts. disolve it in a glass of warm water, to speed dissolving. then add to bucket. water in well. this is pure mg. and our plants use alot of it. they need it, in order to use anything else at all. i love the flavor, and smell of rhino. i had some indoors at one point. wish i still had it. mine did not grow very large. but, had a preety good yield, with stubby, short, but fat buds, and a goodly amount of snow. this year, im going to hatch some fem hollands hope, and frissian dew. i was also given a pair of free fem og kush, from dinafem. they claim a short flowering period, as well. good luck. this plant looks preety healthy.

Epsom salt as in magnesium sulfate? Will order some on monday, thank you.
Unsure about how it should smell, never had wr before but as I walk by it does kinda "stink" a bit, low key, easy to miss but I do smell something.
How often should I "salt" the plants with it?

that's odd. hopefully she grows out of it. sometimes they do weird stuff like that.

that's odd. hopefully she grows out of it. sometimes they do weird stuff like that.
And to add insult to injury, the lower part of the stem is hard and thin and the upper part, from where the first leaves grow, is twice as thick and juicy.
Looks like a chicken leg...

Just cover the thin part with soil when you transplant into a bigger pot it will eventually grow roots

And a clone is just a stem with leaves until it grows roots that pot looks a little on the small side to flower in imo

I grow with 150 watts of hid lighting and use 32-64 ounce containers.

Most people don't seem to bloom in anything smaller than 2 gal pots I prefer 5 but if you were to cover half of that stem in soil it would eventually root because you are providing a dark moist environment for it basically the same concept as cloning but the bigger the root mass the bigger the plant can get

well we know in his current size containers and with about 600 watts he needed to water them every day (maybe every other day if he wasn't soaking). I have to soak mine every 2-3 days. he's gonna have a lot less watts and heat now (but similar lumens with fluorescent technology don't worry op).

Hello for starters, good to be here.
I'm by no means an expert in weed tho I did read my eyes out on the subject. I do however have some issues with my white rhino plant.
It was "born" a month ago and it's been under 18h of light for the past 25 days.
White Rhino
Around 600W of light
Grown in soil
General use fert
30 Celsius(86 Fahrenheit) during light time and around 24-25 when the lights are not on.
Watered every day
Just cut the top today, it was way to tall for my taste
Any thoughts on why it's looking like it is? Few leaves, tall as hell, skinny stem.
There is an AA battery on the soil so people can see the size of the plant.
Thank you!
20160225_201508.jpg
20160225_201502.jpg

Light setup:
20160225_205242.jpg

Might look dark but it's nuff to blind you as you walk by it, the photo was taken so the exposure was on the lights, otherwise they would look like a white bloob.

White rhino normally grows quite compact and bushy, the way yours is growing I would say the plant is not getting enough light and judging from that big square light you have in your pic I don't think you are using the right type of light.

aphrodisia I changed the halo light with 2 325W, 4800 lumens each, CFL lights + a 45W one.
I have over 10.000 lumens and around 700W of light.
Also started feeding it Epsom salt.
It stopped going up and started to create a lot of new growth.
I hope it will catch up and yield some nice buds.
Still unsure if it needs a bigger pot or not, the current is 1.3 gallons and I have seen nice plants in even smaller pots, giving a lot of buds.
I am not looking to get a ton of buds, I just need a decent amount.

If you wait until your pots are dry you can gently pull your baby out and see if she is getting root bound I would suggest doubling the size but if she is not root bound you may be fine if you plan on flowering soon otherwise up potting is going to be a necessity I would suggest a smart pots type pot they air prune the roots preventing your plant from becoming root bound

Hope this helps

If you wait until your pots are dry you can gently pull your baby out and see if she is getting root bound I would suggest doubling the size but if she is not root bound you may be fine if you plan on flowering soon otherwise up potting is going to be a necessity I would suggest a smart pots type pot they air prune the roots preventing your plant from becoming root bound

Hope this helps

Helps a lot, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom