Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

nice video @SaulGoodman2019! She looks really really healthy. Look at that crazy leaf lift.

Do you have any fans you can position at a vent hole up high in the tent? Even if it’s not an in-line fan it’ll still help a ton! If that’s not an option, then best thing you can do to prevent mold at night is keep all of the air in the tent moving. Mold is going to set in where ever the air movement is poor... it gives the spores a chance to inoculate. Make sure you’ve got really good air movement in the thicket of the leaves and branches. That may be enough to hold off the mold, especially if your version of chem is mold resistant.

I'm back with an update. Week 5 of flowering... ish.

I listened to ChefDGreen's advice and removed all the thin branches when I was in week 2, so I am happy with the colas that are left, although missed a few.

Had a few problems: I didn't LST, so I've got 1 burned cola, and 1 weird foxtailing bud on another cola... thought I'd just let it ride itself out, no major damage is done. Can't move the light any higher, although I did consider coming in at an angle from the side of the plant, as you can get some more distance, but not sure if that is a good idea as one half will be shaded.

I have a confession, I don't have a big budget, so I have no extractor fan, and humidity is getting to 95% during lights out! Lights on ranges from 45-55%. I am anticipating bud rot, trying to come up with a solution to prevent it, without an extractor fan (I cannot afford one until this plant is finished, lol), but if I am not mistaken, the Chemdawg (Chem 91) was bred from two strains that are resilient to mold, but not sure if that counts towards this hybrid itself. I have two regular fans going and a cheap dehumidifier, which does nothing to be honest.

Anyway, really happy with this grow so far, compared to my last one.

Here's a quick video:

I didn't have an in-line fan for the exhaust during my first few grows. I took a 6" (15cm) clip-on fan, and mounted it in a reducer at the top of the tent. It helped keep the temperature and humidity at reasonable (not ideal) levels.

full

6" Clip-on Fan with Reducer

full

6" Clip-on Fan Mounted in a Top Ventilation Opening

Hey everybody,
I took my CD #4 down yesterday as I noticed some PM on a few leaves. It was pretty close to being ready and I'd rather be safe than sorry. She had a wash of H2O2 and two rinses before trimming. Within a week of no food they used up most of what was left in the soil. Normally I feed right up until the end but since the PM showed up I let them starve it out knowing they were coming down.
Thanks for having me along as this ends my CD#4 grow.

:Rasta:

PM or Powdery Mildew is just what you didn't need at this stage of your grow. What a rotten thing to happen.
I played with a bunch of different feed recipes with Bud Explosion, Sweet Candy and MC. This was the first time I got it. My stems were weak as well for the fist time. So I'll go back to what worked in the past and see if that was my issue.

I listened to ChefDGreen's advice and removed all the thin branches when I was in week 2, so I am happy with the colas that are left, although missed a few.

Had a few problems: I didn't LST, so I've got 1 burned cola, and 1 weird foxtailing bud on another cola... thought I'd just let it ride itself out, no major damage is done. Can't move the light any higher, although I did consider coming in at an angle from the side of the plant, as you can get some more distance, but not sure if that is a good idea as one half will be shaded.

I have a confession, I don't have a big budget, so I have no extractor fan, and humidity is getting to 95% during lights out! Lights on ranges from 45-55%. I am anticipating bud rot, trying to come up with a solution to prevent it, without an extractor fan (I cannot afford one until this plant is finished, lol), but if I am not mistaken, the Chemdawg (Chem 91) was bred from two strains that are resilient to mold, but not sure if that counts towards this hybrid itself. I have two regular fans going and a cheap dehumidifier, which does nothing to be honest.

Here's a quick video:

Looking cool man. I really suggest lollipopping gals with this kind of vertical growth. Of course now it’s pretty late to do that but you should definitely do partial harvesting imo. Just take down the big colas and let the lowers go for 2 more weeks. That’s my 2 cents.

Also 95% is just crazy high and mold may be a problem. It’s true that chem is resistant to mold but it’s not immune. I lost about 10% of my Dinachem to mold in my last grow. That’s low compared to the 25% of NL and 70% of Blue Kush but still it’s not immune to mold. You should really get that down to normal levels asap. In the next weeks, buds are gonna get tighter and fatter and you’re gonna see some nasty shit. Keep an eye on it and check everday and cut down anything with mold asap.

Anyway, i wish you a bountiful harvest!

nice video @SaulGoodman2019! She looks really really healthy. Look at that crazy leaf lift.

Do you have any fans you can position at a vent hole up high in the tent? Even if it’s not an in-line fan it’ll still help a ton! If that’s not an option, then best thing you can do to prevent mold at night is keep all of the air in the tent moving. Mold is going to set in where ever the air movement is poor... it gives the spores a chance to inoculate. Make sure you’ve got really good air movement in the thicket of the leaves and branches. That may be enough to hold off the mold, especially if your version of chem is mold resistant.

I've got a couple of small fans I could use, only 6 inch ones, but better than nothing. I will set them up ASAP. Absolutely, been having fans on 24/7 to keep air moving. When lights come on, it lowers the humidity down pretty fast, so if anything is going to promote mold, it will be during lights out; I open all flaps during lights on, and have a nearby window open too, which helps a lot with temperature... luckily it's very cold where I am located right now, I wouldn't be able to pull this off in Summer.

I didn't have an in-line fan for the exhaust during my first few grows. I took a 6" (15cm) clip-on fan, and mounted it in a reducer at the top of the tent. It helped keep the temperature and humidity at reasonable (not ideal) levels.

That's a brilliant idea, thank you. I will pick one of these up tomorrow for sure. Anything to help is better than nothing at this point.

Looking cool man. I really suggest lollipopping gals with this kind of vertical growth. Of course now it’s pretty late to do that but you should definitely do partial harvesting imo. Just take down the big colas and let the lowers go for 2 more weeks. That’s my 2 cents.

Also 95% is just crazy high and mold may be a problem. It’s true that chem is resistant to mold but it’s not immune. I lost about 10% of my Dinachem to mold in my last grow. That’s low compared to the 25% of NL and 70% of Blue Kush but still it’s not immune to mold. You should really get that down to normal levels asap. In the next weeks, buds are gonna get tighter and fatter and you’re gonna see some nasty shit. Keep an eye on it and check everday and cut down anything with mold asap.

Anyway, i wish you a bountiful harvest!

Cheers man. It's only my second grow, but I realized immediately when it grew too tall, that I would need to do something different next time; I figured I'd need to do a double harvest anyway, as some of these lower ones will never mature like the tops, so I guess we can both agree that it's best to let them go an extra 2 weeks, for sure :).

It worries me daily, but going to get a few cheap bits tomorrow and reduce this risk of mold. I had mold on my first plant, it's horrible, so I completely understand your frustrations. I think it's a big problem for most growers when it show up. I used some lemon juice in my last one, because it's naturally acidic and antibacterial, it's all I had that I figured wouldn't hurt the plant or bud, lol, but it seemed to stop any further spreading once the infected bud was cut out. I'd hate to lose this bud, so I will be taking this seriously, I think about it everyday, but money is tight, haha.

To all that have offered help and advice, thank you :), I appreciate it a lot. Glad I found this group.

Here's a quick video:

Do you have the lower vents on the bottom of the tent? If so you could open those up and use a fan to push fresh air in or pull air out. They are meant to be a passive ventilation system, but the fans should help. I would be very worried about grey mold/budrot with an rh that high. Also if the tent is in a room that does not get used for anything other than growing I would leave the tent open. Just be sure there aren't lights on in the room while the tents light is off. The one time my rh hit into the 90's was because I lost power and I lost a few buds to budrot. Also the quick drop in temps and the quick spike in rh is a major issue. You are basically asking for moisture to form all over your plants and when it seeps down into the buds which means you are in danger of losing your hard work bud. Find whatever cheap method you can to improve it and as mentioned keep the air moving. For what it is worth you can get 6 inch inline fans for about $30 on the zon with ducting for about $25 (maybe cheaper if you need less than I had bought). The $55 investment, when you are in a comfortable spot to make it, will save you from tons of headaches in the future.

Here is Blue Kush x Dinachem. A neglected, revegged, starved pheno which have suffered also from drought stress and a mid flower transplant. It still looks cool. I love the genetic stability of Dinachem.

Nothing breaks that beast. Flower room got hit by mold. Blue Kush gave in immediately. Lost about 70-80%. NL kinda held up. Only 25-30% lost. Dinachem was the shit tho. Only lost 10% maybe. Incredible potency. Energetic and creative high. I love it. I love Blue Kush also but has shitty mold resistance. Hahha. No, it was my fault. Blue Kush is awesome

:thumb:

5C5512FB-9197-474F-A1EB-147381EA9D57.jpeg
CC9BFA05-DB6C-471E-AFFA-6A026E2D911A.jpeg
Lignite Blue (Blue Kush x Dinachem)

Manicured and drying.

FBD48F43-F828-46CC-9873-2FC939A20DB3.jpeg95283E94-1363-43A0-8E1E-0345D2A8BEC0.jpeg24352A40-33B3-4A7D-A69F-C8D3484A3091.jpeg

I forgot to quote the original message.

Hey everyone! Here’s a shot of my Cookies n Chem that I ran in this comparison thread! The buds smell like rank skunk ass and watermelon. they are a bit fluffy cause of my screw up during flower, I defoliated during week 6... big mistake. But they’re still awesome smoke. Id welcome everyone to drop by my journal to check out my star pupil buds!

My Chem 91 plant is at flip + 49 days today. Her pistils have started to turn orange and her buds have begun swelling. She has slowed down her water uptake by about 25%. Her foliage has taken on the autumn colors with some pinks in her leaves. I anticipate her harvest will be in approximately 2 weeks.

Hey everybody,
I took my CD #4 down yesterday as I noticed some PM on a few leaves. It was pretty close to being ready and I'd rather be safe than sorry. She had a wash of H2O2 and two rinses before trimming. Within a week of no food they used up most of what was left in the soil. Normally I feed right up until the end but since the PM showed up I let them starve it out knowing they were coming down.
Thanks for having me along as this ends my CD#4 grow.

:Rasta:

Beautiful Chem finish, MrSauga. :thumb: What does PM mean? I found the meaning Powder Mildew.

Yeah last cycle I had to cull one of my LA Cheese plants before flower cause I barely fit the other five in my tent that’s just under 3x3.

Tents only 2’8”x2’8”

Back
Top Bottom