Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

Looks frosty to me. I would dry it and see what it is like before you call it a failure bud. It could be worth keeping.

I'll give it a try when it's dry, but has weed ever had effects at week 8 harvest for this strain? I'm not so sure it will do anything to be honest.

Also, it lost its smell about a week ago; was just cutting it, and it stinks a bit musky, has lost that nice smell it was giving out, which I think might have been another warning sign for something wrong last week, when the rot popped up. Didn't find any rot whilst cutting it today though which is weird, could have let it go longer if not for me burning the tops - that is what threw me off the most, just wanted it down to be honest.

I'll give it a try when it's dry, but has weed ever had effects at week 8 harvest for this strain? I'm not so sure it will do anything to be honest.

Also, it lost its smell about a week ago; was just cutting it, and it stinks a bit musky, has lost that nice smell it was giving out, which I think might have been another warning sign for something wrong last week, when the rot popped up. Didn't find any rot whilst cutting it today though which is weird, could have let it go longer if not for me burning the tops - that is what threw me off the most, just wanted it down to be honest.
It is odd that it lost its smell while growing but most plants do change scents throughout flower. One of the guys I follow mentions 3 changes through the flower cycle and swears the 3rd one s the indicator for ripeness. I have smoked buds way more immature than those and gotten a head change. I honestly used to run everything I grew for 8 weeks then cut. I get the just wanting to cut things down when things aren't going well. i have been there a few times. Best of luck bud.

Early harvest at day 56 - week 8 (Maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more).

I've got to LOL at myself, because I messed up big time.

Got a bit of bud rot, so went into panic mode and mixed up a foliar spray containing Baking Soda, which apparently would help, according to the internet... well it did help, the bud rot stopped forming, but instead, I got burnt tops lol.

I am cutting these right now to dry, as I type this. Trichomes looked dead long before I burned them, no heads, majority had no heads the whole grow??? Whatever I did have, was mostly cloudy, so at least there's a positive there.
During cutting the buds tonight, I found two nanners, which was not a surprise, as in the last week or so premature seeds started to pop up on the outside of buds - I had no light leaks, so I put it down to my ongoing bad luck, and possibly the light burns I had on my main colas, due to the light being too close.

I don't know what else to say, this was only my second grow, and have so far not managed to make a dime back. 700 has gone into this so far on equipment etc. I officially give up. Can't make a penny being a good guy, can't make a penny growing weed. I am sure these buds won't even get a squirrel high, so I might just bin them.

There's still a lot of bud though, but probably does jack shit - there's still what could have been 2k by the looks of it all.

20191218_200953.jpg

20191218_201008.jpg

CBA to post more pics, it's over lol.

Same thing happened to me ... I had burned some tops ... got mould ... grew a bad pheno that didn't yield much ... my favorite plant hermied ... I was furious ... and threw out a bunch of bud.

But the next day, I went back, sifted through it and saved what I could ...

This past grow ... I did a bit better ... I've learned to use fabric pots ... veg longer ... avoid heat and crowding ... I top less now ...

Anyway, hang in there ... and by the third or fourth grow things will come together ...

Focus on drying and curing now ... get it down to 62% RH ... and the terpenes will be back ...

It's a high THC plant ... so it's effects are gonna be good ... even if they are not awesome ...

ttyl

Thanks guys.

I haven't tried the bud yet, still leaving it to hang to dry. Looks pretty much ready but want to make sure, then I'll jar it up for a bit.

I've never smoked hash before, but had some from the trimming, so tried it last night and it got me whacked, far more than any smoke I've ever had, felt like I was on a rollercoaster, and actually threw up in a bucket because of how dizzy I was, the partner had to talk me into coming back to reality, lol. Never had that before, not my prefered high at all, but damn, it was an experience.

I doubt the buds will be as strong as the hash, but if they're at least half of what that was, I'll be happy with the results for sure.

I threw half the buds away and lost about a grand's worth, but that wasn't the bud rot's fault, it was my fault for foliar spraying them and making them go all soggy and stinky, lol; I thought the baking soda would prevent more rot, I messed up. The bud rot got to around 4 tops, but that was enough for me to chop, that and the hermies. Weird, because I found only 1 fully developed seed, the rest were premature seeds, which have vanished into the bud now they're dry.

Just hoping for an average high at best at this point, it'll do me fine, but it has to do something, lol.

I broke one of the two identical colas of the taller Dinachem S1. I guess it’s a tester cola. Well i still got the other half going and this has some frost and weight so it’s ok.
1CAED2B9-93CB-4086-87DB-95123D05C592.jpeg5171DCF6-E599-4806-B306-14AA79633AC3.jpegE668367A-C3F4-42F7-A53B-281295344385.jpeg

And 2 Peyote Cookies X Dinachem phenos. Completely different from each other, each leaning incredibly towards one of their parents.
4BCC9435-1A57-4A18-8608-96F8A9759659.jpeg325B4C75-FF05-4B4B-B90C-28ECA9EA575B.jpeg

The Chem Dog story and history are absolutely fascinating. I got completely enamored with the era, timeline and characters involved in the Chem Dog story. So much so that I decided to jump in. I just received my Dog Patch seeds from Lucky Dog seeds and a pack of Star Cookies from Top Dawg Seeds. Both of these sources are verified to have the actual, real genetics. I’ll share the grow and outcome on this thread.

Furthermore, I have to thank Pennywise for all the great chatter about Chem Dog. All the positive chatter helped me to drop the $$$.

So I raise a toast to a new year and lead it off with Chem Dog.
Cheers!

2 Dinachem S1s

D3E9B19A-D4BA-4741-AEA5-CC08401E7228.jpegE6608D6D-FDF5-49AA-8555-47E4648DD1AC.jpeg

And 1 Peyote Cookies X Dinachem
7650FAC0-99A8-4924-BAEC-122B86B99678.jpegEBA912B2-F1E3-4CB4-A2D4-89A09E06C40D.jpeg

Gorgeous plants (ok 1 Dinachem has a serious foxtail issue but its genetic) and they flowered in depleted soil with only a little molasses so screw nutrients! Haha.

I hope everyone is doing well. Post some photos of your gals people lol.

Hey everybody,
I see this thread kind wilted, so I’m going to post up some shots of my current Cookies n Chem run.
I’ve got 2 clones off one of the girls from my last run and 1 small clone off of a different girl from that last run. The two big girls I call Gasfruit, because they’re heavily sweet cookies smelling with a hint of Gas and peppery myrcene. The small girl is a PureGas cut. She’s stardog heavy with Gas and spice as the driving flavors.

Today is day 31 of 12/12

2 Dinachem S1s

D3E9B19A-D4BA-4741-AEA5-CC08401E7228.jpegE6608D6D-FDF5-49AA-8555-47E4648DD1AC.jpeg

And 1 Peyote Cookies X Dinachem
7650FAC0-99A8-4924-BAEC-122B86B99678.jpegEBA912B2-F1E3-4CB4-A2D4-89A09E06C40D.jpeg

Gorgeous plants (ok 1 Dinachem has a serious foxtail issue but its genetic) and they flowered in depleted soil with only a little molasses so screw nutrients! Haha.

I hope everyone is doing well. Post some photos of your gals people lol.
In the S1 generation 25% additional recessive genes are unlocked so pop them seeds and start looking for something special to pop up.

Back
Top Bottom