Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

Hey everybody...
here's my CD #4 on day 55ish of flower. Starting to really pack on the weight now.

:Rasta:

God damn Mr Sauga! She’s so chunky! I like the chunky ladies between you and me ;)

coming along great @Mj76! Your Platinum Banana Dawg looks super healthy! She’s gonna have some great buds for you in a few weeks!

Man I'll just say; I hope to hell my chem#4 gets to like yous. I have two just 11 weeks and 3 weeks. They are really seriously testing my skills and my weaknesses while trying not to be a chicken little everytime I see an unfamiliar turn or event .

The one on the far right below is my first attempt at a clone taken from my unsuccessful Quebek Gold (a very weird plant in it's own right) that just wouldn't start to flower even after 6.5 months. So I took some cuttings and this one was the keeper...

IMG_20191113_233728.jpg
IMG_20191113_233814.jpg

My Chem91 X Aliendog Cherry is chugging along. Today she is at flip + 36 days. The bottom half of the plant is still pretty green while the upper half of the plant is in full on autumn colors. The pink leaves are really pretty. This is the third clone I've run off my original mother plant. The best quality and tastiest buds were from a day 70 harvest so she's looking at about 34 days to go. I topped her at about 16" tall and left the 8 strongest branches on her and removed everything else. Kind of hard to tell in the photo but she has the typical apical cola and she is ringed by the eight branches which are all pretty much the same height as each other but about 6" shorter then the apical cola. All 8 of those branches are going to have nice full colas on them. I think in 5 more weeks she will fill out nicely.

I need to clarify...……...This strain/plant produces the most incredible resin packed larfy buds which are ideal for edibles. These are not neatly trimmed instead just have the fans plucked off and all the sugar leaves left on them. So below the 8 main branches is the "larf level" which will produce enough fluffy buds for brownies, cookies, oils, and tinctures.

I really hope all is well with Bard.

Are you planning to do some edibles @beez0404? I remember you saying you weren’t much of a cook. Or was it just the ethanol extraction that you were wary of?

I make very delicious brownies and cookies @ChefDGreen but thought about maybe making some gummies if I didn't have to buy any gadgets, tools, or machines. And I thought I remembered reading or hearing that Everclear cames in different strengths. Wikpedia says it is bottled at 120, 151 and 190 U.S. proof (60%, 75.5% and 95% alcohol by volume, respectively). Would the 120 proof work as well as the 190 proof? If not why not? Would something like 151 rum work? Just trying to learn so asking questions.

I make very delicious brownies and cookies @ChefDGreen but thought about maybe making some gummies if I didn't have to buy any gadgets, tools, or machines. And I thought I remembered reading or hearing that Everclear cames in different strengths. Wikpedia says it is bottled at 120, 151 and 190 U.S. proof (60%, 75.5% and 95% alcohol by volume, respectively). Would the 120 proof work as well as the 190 proof? If not why not? Would something like 151 rum work? Just trying to learn so asking questions.

The other 5% to 40% of Everclear is water. You want to minimize the water used, as this will need to be boiled off at a higher temperature, destroying terpenes as it does. I'd run anything below 190 proof through a still to further concentrate it. You should be able to get it above 90% or 180 proof with one or two runs through the still.

@beez0404
I’ve only ever seen 190 proof everclear stocked in stores.

you won’t need any gadgets or gizmos. you’ll just need to buy molds to put your gummy mix into... or not even actually.. you could always just dump it on a plate and cut it into squares. Evaporating off the everclear is easy and can be done safely in a standard home kitchen.

honestly, you could probably even skip the ethanol extraction all together as long as you make the coconut oil very strong. that way you can use it in the gummy recipe and have decent potency in each gummy. If they’re too strong you can always dilute with sugar, water, and gelatin. I just like the ethanol method because I think it gives my gummies a longer shelf life and a more neutral taste.

Here is Blue Kush x Dinachem. A neglected, revegged, starved pheno which have suffered also from drought stress and a mid flower transplant. It still looks cool. I love the genetic stability of Dinachem.

Nothing breaks that beast. Flower room got hit by mold. Blue Kush gave in immediately. Lost about 70-80%. NL kinda held up. Only 25-30% lost. Dinachem was the shit tho. Only lost 10% maybe. Incredible potency. Energetic and creative high. I love it. I love Blue Kush also but has shitty mold resistance. Hahha. No, it was my fault. Blue Kush is awesome

:thumb:

5C5512FB-9197-474F-A1EB-147381EA9D57.jpeg
CC9BFA05-DB6C-471E-AFFA-6A026E2D911A.jpeg

I've been in contact with The Bard by e-mail...

He has been hospitalized, and is now recovering at home. He had a helper tending his plants, but they are not doing so well. The Bard hasn't been able to get downstairs to have a look for himself.

He apologizes for his absence, and hopes to be back in action soon.

Thank you for letting us all know how he’s doing @Old Salt. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s at ease knowing he’s alright.

As soon as he can safely get down to the garden himself I’m sure he’ll be able to bring it back and we’ll all be here to help him!

I'm back with an update. Week 5 of flowering... ish.

I listened to ChefDGreen's advice and removed all the thin branches when I was in week 2, so I am happy with the colas that are left, although missed a few.

Had a few problems: I didn't LST, so I've got 1 burned cola, and 1 weird foxtailing bud on another cola... thought I'd just let it ride itself out, no major damage is done. Can't move the light any higher, although I did consider coming in at an angle from the side of the plant, as you can get some more distance, but not sure if that is a good idea as one half will be shaded.

I have a confession, I don't have a big budget, so I have no extractor fan, and humidity is getting to 95% during lights out! Lights on ranges from 45-55%. I am anticipating bud rot, trying to come up with a solution to prevent it, without an extractor fan (I cannot afford one until this plant is finished, lol), but if I am not mistaken, the Chemdawg (Chem 91) was bred from two strains that are resilient to mold, but not sure if that counts towards this hybrid itself. I have two regular fans going and a cheap dehumidifier, which does nothing to be honest.

Anyway, really happy with this grow so far, compared to my last one.

Here's a quick video:

Back
Top Bottom