Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

Icing on the cake, mine have stayed green.

Definitely but i’m wondering if the 6500K diodes had something to do with it or not. The colours can be seen all around the tent but they seem more vibrant and pronounced under the 2 6500K diodes in the middle of my fixture. Because temps are fairly high at this time of year and even in colder temps i haven’t had colours with this gal, i’m leaning towards spectrum maybe?

I got this diy fixture. I’m very happy with it. The middle 2 are the 6500Ks. Don’t know man i’m guessing it’s the spectrum because i can’t think of anything else.

4BF81466-E22E-4E66-8D40-AF9FB641D686.jpeg

Yes the middle 2 are 6500K and i got 10 3000Ks and 6 4000Ks. It’s a mixed spectrum. 6500K diodes are heavy in blue and green. It’s impossible to provide 6500K with reds and oranges. So i’m guessing it may be that extra blue or green which causes these burgundy hues.

Hey guys, only my second grow, so I'm not sure about the lack of leafs/bud sites on my Chem, on the lower portion... it seems to have self-lollipopped, lol. Maybe a strain thing? I did top it though, about 10 times in the first two weeks of veg, which I know is excessive, but I wanted it to be short, although I didn't LST, so makes no difference I guess, just more heads!

It seems to mainly grow from the bottom, and not the top, too lanky IMO. Using a 400w HPS, about 12 or so inches away, gets too hot closer in, pushing 81 as it is (most days), windows open, and it's freezing outside, also two fans going.

I'm in week 1 of the transition period into flower, early signs of white hairs coming through now, big bud sites at the top, bigger than my last strain, very optimistic, yet concerned, but hoping for the best. My setup is pretty DIY.

Also got a VIDEO:

Attachments

• 20150101_123557.jpg
    20150101_123557.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 20150101_123627.jpg
    20150101_123627.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20150101_123637.jpg
    20150101_123637.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Hey @SaulGoodman2019 looking pretty good there! If I may say though, I’d go through and cut out a lot of those small thin branches that made it up to the canopy. They’re only gonna yield one small bud, you’re better off with that energy going into the other branches. Try to be selective about the tops you take all the way through flower.

Alright folks, here comes my last update on the Cookies n Chems. Over the last 48 hours the wife and I have trimmed and washed the star pupil and the 3 CnC girls I had left in the tent. I think I’m starting to get why people call it trim jail!
Here’s the result of all my hard work on these ladies.

top to bottom: fruitflower, gasfruit, puregas

And for those of you that are curious, I decided to leave my star pupil standing and try to reveg her.

Well that’s pretty much it for me! Thanks for following along everyone. This has been a great grow and you’ve all helped me tremendously!

@ChefDGreen Something I do and not suggesting you do it is when I have really dense buds I cut them down to their smallest size. So instead of having a large end of a cola comprised of say 6 or 8 small buds, I cut those 6 or 8 buds off the stem into individual small buds. For me it is because I fear bud rot/mold with tightly packed buds. I also like to have all the buds similar in size so they all dry in the same amount of time. BTW I LOVE the color of those Star Pupil buds!!

@ChefDGreen Something I do and not suggesting you do it is when I have really dense buds I cut them down to their smallest size. So instead of having a large end of a cola comprised of say 6 or 8 small buds, I cut those 6 or 8 buds off the stem into individual small buds. For me it is because I fear bud rot/mold with tightly packed buds. I also like to have all the buds similar in size so they all dry in the same amount of time. BTW I LOVE the color of those Star Pupil buds!!

I know what you mean! You can get a much more even less risky dry with the buds cut down more, and also faster. Thing is, I dry my buds low and slow in the fridge. I can easily leave bigger buds in there for an extra week or two if necessary without risk of mold. The other thing is, I’m gonna sit on this stash of star pupil for as long as I can, so I want as many “trophy nugs” as I can have. Thank you so much Beez, and I swear the lighter pink buds have a sour smell to them! The bigger thicker buds smell like skittles and roses.

I previously complaine that my chem#4 Transplanted on 10/22 had a bad start and it was just growing into a small round and very bushy. So last week i decided, as a last resort, to trim down the big fan's And top it above 8th node. And since that event, this thing is starting to reach like skyward, unfortunately, I alread germinated my last chem4 seed !

Now I'm stressing over the FOUR photoperiod's 2 chem4 and 2 Quebec Gold clones is gonna choke my 4x2 foot room. A second grow tent might be needed to include some autoflowering plans. I already gave away 2 clones.

I'm gonna need to study over some training methods.

Before and after it was topped.

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_183717.jpg
    IMG_20191029_183717.jpg
    856.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20191102_184342.jpg
    IMG_20191102_184342.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 18
@warezaholic your chem#4 is coming along great! She’s staying short and bushy for you. When you flip shes gonna stack nodes like crazy!
I bet she’ll be a heavy yielder.

lookin really good @Kismet. How far into flower is she, like 2-3 weeks?

Hey all. Room for some more? I just started some Hashplant D's from Bodhi Seeds.

It's Chem D x 88G/13 Hashplant and they're regular seeds. I'm looking for a chemmy mother to keep and I'm hoping I'll find something interesting amongst these....
ORG_DSC07594.JPG
ORG_DSC07595.JPG
ORG_DSC07597.JPG
ORG_DSC07599.JPG
ORG_DSC07601.JPG

Gi again. If this 10 week old chem4 makes a big yeild, I'll be ecstatic. Meanwhile I started a second #4 now 20 days will be right along side. Ad to it, one second attempt to get another Quebec Gold via a clone. The mother never flowered so this one might fare better.

The clone has the same WEIRD leaf growth (one, two and three lobe leaves while only the tops are 5 lobe, (just like the mother); Undoubtedly my error . I likely mismanaged the lighting and PH.

You can clearly see the bizarre leaf formation on the Q G clone at the bottom. Otherwise it looks healthy.

IMG_20191103_152815.jpg
IMG_20191106_154147.jpg
IMG_20191106_154124.jpg

IMG_20191106_155937.jpg

Question. I have just 4 foot x 2ft. Enough (maybe) for 3 photos and 1 or 2 auto's. Being so small an area would one single 1000watt led be sufficient since most plants are nearly similar in age and I have ways to get all the plants as close to the light together.

I want to conserve power as my ebill is getting too high.

To shine 1000 or 2000? That is the question...

I do quite well in my 2x4 tent with two 450 watt Viparspectra lights that are pulling a total of 400 watts from the wall for both lights. Because the tent is twice as wide as it is deep I decided to go with two lights to give both ends of the tent better lighting.

Question. I have just 4 foot x 2ft. Enough (maybe) for 3 photos and 1 or 2 auto's. Being so small an area would one single 1000watt led be sufficient since most plants are nearly similar in age and I have ways to get all the plants as close to the light together.

I want to conserve power as my ebill is getting too high.

To shine 1000 or 2000? That is the question...
You will always get more product and tighter buds with more light... but I have proven that with a good spectrum light running at a decent power, you can get usable product. When you look at the suggested footprint of that light you have in bloom however, probably around 12" away from the top of the plants, you are going to see that it will not adequately cover a 2x4 space. Two of those lights would definitely fill in that gap as you realize how wide your collective plants are going to be in that tent.... you will not be able to set them as close together as you are thinking and if they end up at different heights, you really have a problem.

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

Back
Top Bottom