Why did my sprout stop growing?

Begonias333

420 Member
This babe sprouted immediately and then just made a full stop, has looked like this for 3 months now. What gives
20220709_134820.jpg

Whoa.... Sorry that happened but man that is super interesting... I'm not sure and cannot even start to touch base on this one... But I appreciate you sharing this and I look forward to seeing what others have to say.

Hello,

Is that time release nutes? Looks like she tried flowering too? Auto?
How often were you watering?

Looks like you are new here @ 420mag. Welcome, a lot of great info to learn from.
Cheers
Yes, time released but just added it yesterday along with some coffee grounds ...I grow tons of regular houseplants and grounds are my go to for nitrogen...again just added that yesterday after being ready to throw in the towel...I've never had anything so stunted

I water when the top inch of soil feels dry
Really hard to tell my friend. With the small seedlings dont need much nutrients at all. She needs to establish roots a little before nutes.

Maybe, solo cup next time to start off with and a soilless medium, to help with overwatering and nute burn.
I usually give nutes around the 3rd or 4th node of growth, roughly.

Maybe the roots got stunted from the nutrients in the soil?

It must be an auto flower. If so there's no real recovery unfortunately.
Any stressors such as overwatering can impact the final yield but even then -
Sometimes autos just flower too early or don't produce well.

The reason I speculate it's an auto though is by the size of the plant.
A photoperiod (non auto) can't flower until a month and a half or so after being sprouted and would be much bigger.

It's unlikely, but if it's not an auto then I would attribute it's stunted growth to being overwatered.
In which case the fact it's flowering means it's not getting enough light.
If it's not an auto giving it 18 or more hours of light would help it grow normally until you're ready to flower again with 12.

There's a name for that, thanks to @InTheShed ...

That's not a sprout, that's a stunted seedling.

If you're giving it long hours of light then likely to be an autoflower as it's already flowering.

It's not as rare as you think, just google 'stunted seedling'. Many reasons I've read include overwatering, poor quality/old seeds, etc.

Start again, there's no saving them according to the people that've tried, that's about all it's going to grow.

j

Looks like an auto that endured a harsh childhood. Maybe heavy soil and poor nutrition or, alternatively, too much early on that burned the young root system.

Also, did it get sufficient light - or was it parked by that window the entire time?

Unfortunately, it's smaller than all of the plants in the "1½-ounce mini Solo cup grow" thread, so I don't expect that it'll fill a rolling paper when it's dried. Still, I'd be pretty determined to smoke it, after the aggravation.

What strain is it?

Hey Renaissance Man, it’s been a minute… what’s up?

I grow photos but didn’t think reveg was possibility for autos since they are born with an impending toe tag of death…. but the op says it’s 3 months old so IDK

anywho please excuse… it’s early still, not enough caffeine or wake n bake session so my brain farts are going strong :cool:

Hey Renaissance Man, it’s been a minute… what’s up?

I grow photos but didn’t think reveg was possibility for autos since they are born with an impending toe tag of death…. but the op says it’s 3 months old so IDK

anywho please excuse… it’s early still, not enough caffeine or wake n bake session so my brain farts are going strong :cool:
Hey @013! Yeah man, it has been a minute.. I didn't think the OP said it was an auto but I think you're correct about that. If it's an auto, it probably won't re-veg, bit if a photo, it might, right?

Hey @013! Yeah man, it has been a minute.. I didn't think the OP said it was an auto but I think you're correct about that. If it's an auto, it probably won't re-veg, bit if a photo, it might, right?

tripping that tiny with the leaf structure ... has to be an auto that ran with it from sprout. there's a node that's been snipped, but there's enough there to trigger.

Back
Top Bottom