Woodsman Outdoors

I think your missus and mine are in cahoots!!!

I get the ole' " All you talk about is WEED and computers!"...

What else is there??

Hahaha, I hear the exact same thing!!!

You know its like they say, great minds and all....

Woodsman,

Wow! just wow! Really makes me mad I can not grow out side under the sun.. :(

Looking great. If they were all female I'd estimate at the very least an lb.

It's deceptive . They are still in vegetative state right now, They did have a slow start because of the cold weather we had in early may. I just gave them all today a full shot of fish emulsion and Cal/Mag as they were looking a little on the lighter side of needing some nitrogen. these plants have been fed only once or for some twice since they were 'created' so they should do a growth spurt now. Of course if I was able to purchace more Happy Frog, I'd have them all in 5 or ten gal containers. The smaller plants are all in the 2.5 -3 gal jobs. Some of them will get a little breathing room as I get some males. I'll have there soil to use then for the females. I'm ramblin! Anyway If they are like the others I've grown at least the ones in the 10 gal. pots, I could get between 4-8 ounces each. As I'm using FFTB now and used MG before I came to 420mag. Along with actually knowing what 'pH' is now and trying to keep everything right, who knows how much I can get! I'm happy with 4 ozs on a 10 gal pot. The others, maybe 2-5 ozs? Sooooooooo... If I had 11 females in various size pots, I'd guesssssss..............maybe an avg. of 4 ozs a pop. Thats 44 ounces, or more than 2.5 lbs. Realistically, I'll be glad with half that and half the plants. Give me the one Mazar, the little soon to be larger NL#5, the Runt (NL#5) two from bagseed variety #1 (SD#1) and two from bagseed variety #2 (SD#2) ,,.....So that's seven plants at 4 oz each... 28 ozs, may be high, but it's a target!

Hahaha, I hear the exact same thing!!!

You know its like they say, great minds and all....

Woodsman,

Wow! just wow! Really makes me mad I can not grow out side under the sun.. :(

Thanks buddy! Harvest time at your place. I'll check in tomorrow and see what going on at ItsCrome's place!
I'm more comfortable with it, more elbow room and I can see it better!

Wow, Woodsman,
I thought I had it bad with little buggers, those little things look absolutely evil... Nice job with the surgery. Hope you got it all taken car of. Otherwise those plants look wonderful. Great job...

Eww GROSS bugs...thanks for giving me something new to worry about...:)

Your girls are looking great and you have to do what you have to do and you did good work, thanks for photo documenting it like that, where else you gonna see this detail...she will be all that much stronger for the surgery. Outdoor Surgeon extraordinaire to the rescue of the young starlet from the demon bug......ever since that earwig episode of Night Gallery I do not like bugs that dig into stuff...:thedoubletake:

:peace: brother and great job!

P.S. I put up a picture of my tomatoes on my page and it is in the Off Topic photo section too if that is easier.

Bingo on my location, good job! The only real pests that I have heard of around here are spider mites. About 40 years ago, we used to have a real problem with grass hoppers. They would eat your garden to the ground. Glad I didn't try to grow then!

Wow, Woodsman,
I thought I had it bad with little buggers, those little things look absolutely evil... Nice job with the surgery. Hope you got it all taken car of. Otherwise those plants look wonderful. Great job...

Thanks bud, those critters were my biggest fear comin into this. I've had them a couple of times over the years and I just figured it's just a matter of time. I forgot how quick it can happen cause you don't see the eggs and then it's too late. Seems like they go right to work and since it's hollow in the stems they move pretty quick. I'd been using neem oil as often as I could, but it has been raining so much and almost on a daily basis that I couldn't keep up. They've been sprayed now and there wont be rain till Fri or Sat. Wow a drought! Hey there was a tornado F2 in fact (that's big for around here) that went through last week, it was like five or six miles north of here and ravaged through the town of !%T*$. I'd have been pissed had it come through here and destroyed the garden let alone the house!

Eww GROSS bugs...thanks for giving me something new to worry about...:)

Your girls are looking great and you have to do what you have to do and you did good work, thanks for photo documenting it like that, where else you gonna see this detail...she will be all that much stronger for the surgery. Outdoor Surgeon extraordinaire to the rescue of the young starlet from the demon bug......ever since that earwig episode of Night Gallery I do not like bugs that dig into stuff...:thedoubletake:

:peace: brother and great job!

P.S. I put up a picture of my tomatoes on my page and it is in the Off Topic photo section too if that is easier.

I wish I had OMM's big budded Filipina nurse to assist with preparation and later for debriefing!

The trauma would have been less. For me.

Bingo on my location, good job! The only real pests that I have heard of around here are spider mites. About 40 years ago, we used to have a real problem with grass hoppers. They would eat your garden to the ground. Glad I didn't try to grow then!

The only pests you have up there are the Californians from down south coming up to rape and pillage on the lake! 40 yrs ago huh, your an older bugger like me! :peace:

Hey Woodsman First, I wish I had never told you about my Big Budded Nurse Now everyone knows about her.:smokin::smokin:

That disgusting Pictorial was first rate my Friend :cheer:
Really well done. Like High said...something else to worry about now. :smokin:
I'll take my little leaf burrowing worms any day. Seriously that was really well done and the pictures were first rate. :bravo:

Someone said something about Redding. I have a son and two grandsons that live there. They don't smoke or grow. God bless em, that's where Jo wants to move. Poor Redding. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

woods,
dang, wish i had of known earlier....ok, when you can, use azamax, mix to dump in the soil and it goes systemic....also use pro tekt...that makes the stems much tougher and harder to bore into....but, if you can, use penetrator, they changed the name, damn, and mix with the azo and spray, it still goes systemic, and spray anyway....not that it will do much now, but in the future, it is good to know....the stuff works, last yr, in the green house we started to get bugs and i sprayed the plants and the greenhouse, not a bug all season, the floor of the greenhouse and vents that is....and if you get a bug, they die and/or cannot reproduce....great stuff....so this yr, the hubby came in and was all upset about all the bugs hes getting on plants, i told him to spray, before i caught him, he had used "alot" of the azamax and pentrator oil....said it didnt kill them the first time, so he sprayed them all...not a bug, thank G. in the garden or greenhouse....bless his heart....will do no harm to vegs, and will not harm at harvest, but i dont use it at all before harvest.....but can use up to nearly that day it says...has neem oil, and other stuff in it....darn, i wish i'd known earlier....sorry, but you did a great job ridding the girls of invaders, those are ugly, like a stem maggot....hate maggots....altho in nature they serve a purpose, just not in your plants...hugs, L:bravo::bravo:

Hiiiiiiii Wooddddddddddd
:yahoo::yahoo:
Your outdoor grow looking really good..i'm really happy for you..
:peace:

Thank you Super always nice to see you on this side of the ocean!

Hey Woodsman First, I wish I had never told you about my Big Budded Nurse Now everyone knows about her.:smokin::smokin:

That disgusting Pictorial was first rate my Friend :cheer:
Really well done. Like High said...something else to worry about now. :smokin:
I'll take my little leaf burrowing worms any day. Seriously that was really well done and the pictures were first rate. :bravo:

Someone said something about Redding. I have a son and two grandsons that live there. They don't smoke or grow. God bless em, that's where Jo wants to move. Poor Redding. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Big Budded Nurse huh? We are only a figment of her imagination. If you don't look at her in the eyes she won't see you, I think? She may be getting too old for ya anyway!

Thanks for the compliments on my pic/tutorial, If I can only get a job in 'rambling posts' we would do fine.

My San Diego friend has a lot of family up in Redding and just spent a week at the Shasta lake for a reunion. For the life of me , I don't know how they made it back home? :Rasta: That place is too hot for me. In the summer that is. Hot and humid at the top of the central valley. Like I told Bay over on her site awhile ago, just north of the lake is one of my favorite drives and prettiest views. Up through Dunsmuir and all the way past Mt Shasta. I know you would all be interested in this, Lavendar and the rest of you girls, close your ears. Just north of the lake (Shasta) used to be the whores would advertise their 'wares' on the CB (at night). Truck driving can be lonely work, but I wasn't that lonely! Lavendar and the rest of the ladies can now open their ears!

woods,
dang, wish i had of known earlier....ok, when you can, use azamax, mix to dump in the soil and it goes systemic....also use pro tekt...that makes the stems much tougher and harder to bore into....but, if you can, use penetrator, they changed the name, damn, and mix with the azo and spray, it still goes systemic, and spray anyway....not that it will do much now, but in the future, it is good to know....the stuff works, last yr, in the green house we started to get bugs and i sprayed the plants and the greenhouse, not a bug all season, the floor of the greenhouse and vents that is....and if you get a bug, they die and/or cannot reproduce....great stuff....so this yr, the hubby came in and was all upset about all the bugs hes getting on plants, i told him to spray, before i caught him, he had used "alot" of the azamax and pentrator oil....said it didnt kill them the first time, so he sprayed them all...not a bug, thank G. in the garden or greenhouse....bless his heart....will do no harm to vegs, and will not harm at harvest, but i dont use it at all before harvest.....but can use up to nearly that day it says...has neem oil, and other stuff in it....darn, i wish i'd known earlier....sorry, but you did a great job ridding the girls of invaders, those are ugly, like a stem maggot....hate maggots....altho in nature they serve a purpose, just not in your plants...hugs, L:bravo::bravo:

Hi L' I should have known to ask you, as you have most likely experienced all or anything that may befall a grower. I'll have to save this post as I forgot what it said already! LOL I mean that Ill save it for reference rather than having a cow 'trying' to remember all the 'stuff'. Thanks L

As for the little 'darlings', the next day all the plants were perked up except the mystery bagseed. which till now, is still slightly drooped. I think I cut much of the water/food supply line off when operating on him/her. There was extensive work done on that one. It's not gone yet and I'm keeping a close eye on it for now. It wants to stand 'erect' and is trying hard (that sounded ......) You know what I mean, I have faith in the ability of weeds overcoming most every obstacle. The next day (actually it was late in the day) I started to inspect the plants very closely again and did find some that I missed. These little bastards were the ones that had tiny 'burrows' right in the crack, where the leaf and secondary stems meet the main stem. It's hard to see unless you spread it apart, little pests! These were also closer to the tops and the stems there are very narrow. I got a few and then the mosquitoes found me and chased me out! I was wearing short pants and I swear they were 'going up the elevator' so to speak! I had to battle them just to get to the back door in one piece.

L If I was you I would keep the hubby around! You never know when the 'invasion' will come! He'll be ready for them and cover your back!

I'm still waiting for the invasion of my plants. I'm sure it will be any day now. Cucumber Beetles seem to always be present, and sometimes they're deceiving because they dress like lady bugs. Sneaky bastards.

If I was you (and fortunately I'm not in this case) I would camp there at night, because that's when they sneak in. Get your mosquito netting (Headgear) and your chemical weapons suit out, well you should put it on just in case. It doesn't matter that you will perish from the heat, the important thing is that you are standing (or laying down if you are dead) when they arrive, just seeing you looking like this will put fear into their little minds as they freak at the site of you and move on to the neighbors grow. They learned through millions and millions of years of evolution to do this (move to the neighbors).:cool:

wow wood they look sturdy

wow, nice work on the surgery.

damn, great job man

Holy, Joe and Jeff, Thank you for your kind words! Jeff, welcome to my thread and to this site! Not all sites are as demented as this one. It took me years of cultivation to reach this level of descent.

Nice work wood! Living up to your name I see! My dad made one out of deer Angeles before. Always made me want to make my own. Just need the right materials.

I hope you meant Deer 'Antlers' rather than deer Angeles. Or you could have meant that Dad made carvings out of dear Angela's head? Either way HK, I understood and as always, happy to see ya!

Just found some more stem borers out there as I went plant to plant, this is going to be an ongoing 'project'. ON the female Mazar I found a white fly! Went at all the plants eith neem oil just now. That will be done with much more frequency. Not as easy with 11 plants as it was with one or two as in the past.

Back
Top Bottom